Windows 10: I changed the number of processors and now my pc has numerous problems.

Discus and support I changed the number of processors and now my pc has numerous problems. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. So as in the title I changed the amount of processors on my laptop yesterday from 1 to 4. At first it was fine but it disconnected me from my WiFi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AdamD13891, Feb 28, 2022.

1. I changed the number of processors and now my pc has numerous problems.

Hi. So as in the title I changed the amount of processors on my laptop yesterday from 1 to 4. At first it was fine but it disconnected me from my WiFi and that. I fixed it in the end, but I wouldn't be posting this if that was it.I tried to sign in to my laptop, to find that it couldn't sign me into my windows account, using my normal 6 digit PIN. Strange I thought. I entered my password and logged in. I noticed at the bottom right that there was a red X next to the speaker icon. I clicked and it opened a troubleshooter. It said it's identified a problem with the audio device. I find out that

:)

AdamD13891, Feb 28, 2022

2. Can't fix MSCONFIG Processor setting after changing number of processors to 8

I'm using Windows 10 Pro.
    I was looking for ways to increase performance and I came across some postings on MSCONFIG. I navigated to the option Boot/Advanced Options/Number of Processors. When I checked it, I saw that I could change the number from 1 to 8. I did so and rebooted. Now, when I boot I get in an endless loop of Windows Automatic Repair telling me that I have a configuration error and "Attempting Repairs". I'd like to change the Processors back from 8 to 1.
    When I choose Advanced Options \ Troubleshoot \ Advanced Options I receive a menu of choices.

• Menu Options
    • When I select "System Restore \Restore Point" for a few selections I get the message "System Restore did not complete successfully. An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x800070003)"
    • When I select "Go back to the previous version" I receive the message "We ran into a problem and won't be able to take you back to the previous version of Windows."
    • When I select "System Image Recovery" I receive the message "Windows cannot find a system image on this computer."
    • When I select "Start Repair" I get an error with that as well.

I've also taken the following steps already.

• Other Steps:
    • Windows with Command Prompt (It Boots from drive X", and the
      original drive "C" is now "E")
    • net user administrator /active:yes
    • CD E:\Windows\System32\config MSCONFIG (I Receive the error: "You do
      not have sufficient privileges to run System Configuration. Please
      run this utility as a user in the Administrators group."
    • CD
      E:\Windows\System32\config ICACLS E:\Windows\System32\config*.*
      /INHERITANCE:r /GRANT:r AdministratorI changed the number of processors and now my pc has numerous problems. :(F) /F /C
    • Regedit
    • (I point to
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE)
    • File / Load Hive
    • (I Navigate to)
      E:\Windows\system32\config\SOFTWARE
    • Open
    • (I receive the message
      "SOFTWARE You don't have permission to open this file. Contact the
      file owner or an administrator to obtain permission")

How can I change the number of processor settings when I'm in Windows Automatic Repair?

user3138025, Feb 28, 2022
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Feb 28, 2022
Thema:

I changed the number of processors and now my pc has numerous problems.

1. I changed the number of processors and now my pc has numerous problems. - Similar Threads - changed number processors

2. I changed the Number of my Processors in msconfig and now my pc wont boot up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed the Number of my Processors in msconfig and now my pc wont boot up.: I already tried the bcdedit /deletevalue numproc and bcdedit /deletevalue truncatememory both resulting in an error that it can't be deleted because it's not found..I also can't reset my computer which is still not my preferred solution because of personal filesbecause it...
  3. I changed the Number of my Processors in msconfig and now my pc wont boot up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I changed the Number of my Processors in msconfig and now my pc wont boot up.: I already tried the bcdedit /deletevalue numproc and bcdedit /deletevalue truncatememory both resulting in an error that it can't be deleted because it's not found..I also can't reset my computer which is still not my preferred solution because of personal filesbecause it...
  4. I changed the Number of my Processors in msconfig and now my pc wont boot up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Number of Processors changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number of Processors changed: Hi,I have a problem..So, I don't like to put my 4 processors working so I only use 3 processors.today, decided to make the 4 processors run all together, but when I went to the system config, its not there, there only 3 available processors??I already pressed that arrow, but...
  6. Number of Processors changed

Number of Processors changed: Hi,I have a problem..So, I don't like to put my 4 processors working so I only use 3 processors.today, decided to make the 4 processors run all together, but when I went to the system config, its not there, there only 3 available processors??I already pressed that arrow, but...
  7. I changed the number of processors and now my pc has numerous problems.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I changed the number of processors and now my pc has numerous problems.: Hi. So as in the title I changed the amount of processors on my laptop yesterday from 1 to 4. At first it was fine but it disconnected me from my WiFi and that. I fixed it in the end, but I wouldn't be posting this if that was it.I tried to sign in to my laptop, to find that...
  8. I changed the number of processors and now my pc has numerous problems.

I changed the number of processors and now my pc has numerous problems.: Hi. So as in the title I changed the amount of processors on my laptop yesterday from 1 to 4. At first it was fine but it disconnected me from my WiFi and that. I fixed it in the end, but I wouldn't be posting this if that was it.I tried to sign in to my laptop, to find that...
  9. Changing endnote numbers from Roman numerals to Arabic numerals

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing endnote numbers from Roman numerals to Arabic numerals: I have a 2021 MacBook Air that I am using Word on. I am trying to change endnote numbers from Roman numerals to Arabic numerals. So for example, I want to change the endnote numbers from i,ii,iii to 1,2,3. This was a fairly easy fix on other versions of Word, but on the...
  10. Changing endnote numbers from Roman numerals to Arabic numerals

Changing endnote numbers from Roman numerals to Arabic numerals: I have a 2021 MacBook Air that I am using Word on. I am trying to change endnote numbers from Roman numerals to Arabic numerals. So for example, I want to change the endnote numbers from i,ii,iii to 1,2,3. This was a fairly easy fix on other versions of Word, but on the...