Windows 10: i changed type size, , but file explorer doesn't

Discus and support i changed type size, , but file explorer doesn't in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i changed type size, then I tried change everything, but file explorer does not respond well, the type disappears at the top and bottom of each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WayneTHEpain1, Feb 29, 2020.

1. i changed type size, , but file explorer doesn't

i changed type size, then I tried change everything, but file explorer does not respond well, the type disappears at the top and bottom of each character when set large; can't file explorer adjust to type size changes?

In WORD, when you change the type size, the line spacing automatically adjusts so you can see the full character and still have separating space between lines. When I finally get the type to be large enough to read, the tops and bottoms of characters are cut off.

I only need this size change in file explorer; why can't it adjust like everything else? It is the ONLY program that acts this way when I change sizes.

:)

WayneTHEpain1, Feb 29, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

i changed type size, , but file explorer doesn't [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Mary Sau Win User
    Font Size File Explorer Windows 10

Hi,

To assist you, kindly provide us additional information.

• Did you make any changes before the issue started?
    • Does it happen only with your File Explorer?
    • Can you please provide us a screenshot of the item that you want the font or the box to be adjusted?
    For the meantime, if you simply want to change the font size, we recommend that you follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings.
    • In the Settings, choose System -> Display -> Advanced display settings -> Advanced sizing of text and other items.
    • In Change only the text size drop-down, choose Icons. Adjust what size you prefer and click Apply.

Let us know how it goes.

Mary Sau, Feb 29, 2020
  4. i changed type size, , but file explorer doesn't

Windows Edge still doesn`t work correctly

Hi Graham,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to run the 'Internet Explorer Performance' troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type 'Troubleshooting' in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All on the top left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance and follow the on screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

i changed type size, , but file explorer doesn't

1. i changed type size, , but file explorer doesn't - Similar Threads - changed type size

2. Change icon size in File Explorer 22621.2506

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change icon size in File Explorer 22621.2506: Hello guys,got a problem... After the new 22621.2506 update my whole File Explorer, of course, got changed... no big surprise. First of all, anyone maybe knows how to restore the design/ layout of version 22621.2500? I'd like to have that back...Second thing, like mentioned...
  3. Change icon size in File Explorer 22621.2506

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change icon size in File Explorer 22621.2506: Hello guys,got a problem... After the new 22621.2506 update my whole File Explorer, of course, got changed... no big surprise. First of all, anyone maybe knows how to restore the design/ layout of version 22621.2500? I'd like to have that back...Second thing, like mentioned...
  4. Change size of fonts in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Change size of fonts in file explorer: I've red all the tutorials and post that I could find about changing font size in files explorer but I think some settings have changed in newer versions of Win 10. for example it says to do the following to change font size. [img] However as you can see in my version if...
  5. How can I change the font size in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I change the font size in file explorer: When I open files in the file explorer, the print is too small. How can I increase the font size? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-the-font-size-in-file-explorer/44d8f806-ba66-469d-aaac-f08915cc15e3"
  6. Changing File Type Views in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing File Type Views in Explorer: I have many, many photo and video files separated into many subfolders. I'd like to change all of certain types of files to a different view: all video files to extra large icons, for instance. The trouble is, I don't want to change the icon for the subfolders they're...
  7. Changing File Type Views in Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Changing File Type Views in Explorer: I have many, many photo and video files separated into many subfolders. I'd like to change all of certain types of files to a different view: all video files to extra large icons, for instance. The trouble is, I don't want to change the icon for the subfolders they're...
  8. Changing File Type Views in Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Explorer doesn't change file dates

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer doesn't change file dates: My Windows Explorer doesn't change the file dates for some files after they have been modified. It is a property of the file: some consistently change while others consistently stay the same. Refresh does not help. It looks like there are two file dates as I can see the...
  10. Changing size of info box in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing size of info box in File Explorer: When I'm in File Explorer in the Pictures folder I often want to rename the caption on a specific photo. However, Windows 10 has increased the size/height of the info box & when I right click on a photo to open the box the box extends into the taskbar & I have to keep...