Windows 10: I chnaged the battery but now if I unplug the computer shut off

Discus and support I chnaged the battery but now if I unplug the computer shut off in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, Last week I changed the battery of my computer because after running DELL pre-boot system it told me that my battery was at the end of its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Yunis D., May 4, 2023.

1. Yunis D. Win User

I chnaged the battery but now if I unplug the computer shut off

Hello, Last week I changed the battery of my computer because after running DELL pre-boot system it told me that my battery was at the end of its life.Since the same size of battery wasn't available in the country I'm in I bought the laptop in France but I live in Thailand now I bought a smaller one and got it installed at the store.But ever since, sometimes, when I unplug the computer it shuts off and I get a blue screen when I switch on again.I haven't tried anything yet.My system is a Dell G7 17 7700.

:)

Yunis D., May 4, 2023

2. Computer Shuts off once Unplugged

So my computer says my battery is at 95%, plugged in and not charging. However the computer shuts off the moment I unplug the power cord.

I've done the following things to attempt to fix:

1) Uninstalled all battery drivers and reinstalled them.

2) Shut off the machine, removed the battery. Rebooted with only power cord, then shut off insert battery and reboot.

3) Run a battery report

The battery is only 2 months old and has approximately 60 charge cycles. So it in theory should not be to the point where it needs to be replaced.

MichelleJensen2, May 4, 2023
  3. A. User Win User
    If I unplug my computer it shuts off in a couple of minutes, even with the battery at 100%

Hi

I have an Acer computer, I just recently had it totally wiped and reinstalled Windows 10 and have Windows 10 version 1809, however now every time I unplug my computer it shuts off within a couple of minutes the battery will be at 100% and the Windows settings
    says there is no problem with the battery. Do I need a new battery?

* Moved from Community Participation Center

* Original title: If I unplug my computer it shuts off in a couple of minutes

A. User, May 4, 2023
  4. DaveM121 Win User

battery plugged in not charging

To resolve this issue, please follow these steps:

• Unplug Laptop
    • Remove the Battery
    • Plug in Laptop and turn on the laptop
    • Go to Control Panel - Devices and uninstall all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery
    • Shut down Laptop and unplug it
    • Insert Battery and plug in the laptop
    • Start the Laptop
    Hopefully this will work for you, please let us know!

DaveM121, May 4, 2023
Thema:

1. I chnaged the battery but now if I unplug the computer shut off - Similar Threads - chnaged battery unplug

2. Whenever I unplug my battery cord, the computer dies and powers off, do I have to replace...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I unplug my battery cord, the computer dies and powers off, do I have to replace...: OS Name: Microsoft Windows 11 HomeVersion: 10.0.22631 Build 22631Other OS Description: Not AvailableOS Manufacturer: Microsoft CorporationSystem Name: LAPTOP - NNMTDI6ASystem Manufacturer: LENOVOSystem Model: 81Y6System Type: x64-based PCSystem SKU:...
  3. Whenever I unplug my battery cord, the computer dies and powers off, do I have to replace...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I unplug my battery cord, the computer dies and powers off, do I have to replace...: OS Name: Microsoft Windows 11 HomeVersion: 10.0.22631 Build 22631Other OS Description: Not AvailableOS Manufacturer: Microsoft CorporationSystem Name: LAPTOP - NNMTDI6ASystem Manufacturer: LENOVOSystem Model: 81Y6System Type: x64-based PCSystem SKU:...
  4. I chnaged the battery but now if I unplug the computer shut off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I chnaged the battery but now if I unplug the computer shut off: Hello, Last week I changed the battery of my computer because after running DELL pre-boot system it told me that my battery was at the end of its life.Since the same size of battery wasn't available in the country I'm in I bought the laptop in France but I live in Thailand...
  5. I chnaged the battery but now if I unplug the computer shut off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I chnaged the battery but now if I unplug the computer shut off: Hello, Last week I changed the battery of my computer because after running DELL pre-boot system it told me that my battery was at the end of its life.Since the same size of battery wasn't available in the country I'm in I bought the laptop in France but I live in Thailand...
  6. I am trying to ascertain why my computer shuts down shortly after unplugging it battery issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I am trying to ascertain why my computer shuts down shortly after unplugging it battery issue: Hello, Within a few minutes after unplugging my laptop, it shuts down. I assumed this was a battery issue, but it always shows somewhere between 98-100% battery life with about 2 hours left on charge before shutting down. Windows doesn't say the battery is in critical...
  7. If I unplug my computer from the charger battery, it shuts off and how do I fix this problem?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    If I unplug my computer from the charger battery, it shuts off and how do I fix this problem?: Weird situation but I know it only happens if I unplug my laptop. I'm assuming that I might need to get my battery replaced and if that is the case should I replace the battery my self or get professional help. I have seen many posts saying that you need to replace your...
  8. I unplugged my computer during recording and now it bluescreens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I unplugged my computer during recording and now it bluescreens: I was recording a video with a friend on a hat in time, and I had just turned off a mod which reset the game. Right as the game closed, the pc shut off. I believe it was because the power cord got kicked, as when I plugged it back in all the way it stopped resetting....
  9. 255% battery. Turns off as soon as it's unplugged.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    255% battery. Turns off as soon as it's unplugged.: So my battery says it is 255% not 100%. As soon as it's unplugged it turns off. Does anyone know what may be causing this ? I just did a factory reset and no dice. It has done this before and after updating as well. Thanks. submitted by /u/babygorilla90 [link]...
  10. If I unplug my computer it shuts off in a couple of minutes, even with the battery at 100%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    If I unplug my computer it shuts off in a couple of minutes, even with the battery at 100%: Hi I have an Acer computer, I just recently had it totally wiped and reinstalled Windows 10 and have Windows 10 version 1809, however now every time I unplug my computer it shuts off within a couple of minutes the battery will be at 100% and the Windows settings says there...