Windows 10: I choose Windows 10 volume 2 but it keeps restarting and shows the advanced startup screen...

Discus and support I choose Windows 10 volume 2 but it keeps restarting and shows the advanced startup screen... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I had a problem with the system and then I choosed to reset and keep my files. When I came to choose the windows version, there were 2 ( windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Aiko_Usa, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Aiko_Usa Win User

I choose Windows 10 volume 2 but it keeps restarting and shows the advanced startup screen...

Hello, I had a problem with the system and then I choosed to reset and keep my files. When I came to choose the windows version, there were 2 ( windows 10 volume 2 )

Whenever I choose one of these, the laptop will load then restart, then it will restart again and again then I will find myself seeing the advanced startup options screen again to choose which windows to use

How can I solve this ?

:)

Aiko_Usa, Dec 11, 2018

2. Stuck on loading screen after startup

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to perform Startup Repair and check if it helps.

• On a working PC go to the Microsoft software download website and
      create Windows 10 installation media.
    • Insert the installation media you created, and then restart your PC.
    • On the Install Windows screen, select Repair your computer.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot>Advanced Options.
    • Click on Startup Repair.

After the repair is complete, check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 12, 2018
  3. feelulive Win User
    windows 10 no advanced-startup-options, so no startup settings

when i did 1. 2. 3. steps i checked and problem was SOLVED
    but after 4. 5. 6. 7. steps i checked and no advanced startup options again

1. Make a complete backup image of your current HD including all partitions to an external HD using macrium reflect . Once done, disconnect all USB devices from the PC. Assuming now you only have one HD connected to the PC which you will be installing Windows.
      IMPORTANT: Also create a Macrium Rescue disk to boot from later on.
    2. Boot up your Windows installation USB/DVD. On the first screen, Hold SHIFT + F10 to open Command Windows then type:
      Diskpart
      select disk 0
      clean
      exit
    3. Click Next, Choose Custom, select the unallocated partition then click Next (Do not format), when asked for Product ID key, click on "Skip this step"/"Do it later". Continue the Installation.
    4. Once done. With the external HD connected, Reboot your PC with the Macrium Rescue disk, select the image that you created in step 1 as the Source.
    5. Select your current HD/SSD as Destination disk
    6. Restore only C: Drive to it. ie. overwrite the new C: Drive with your backup C: Drive.
      NOTE: See screen shot on how to perform this step
    7. Disconnect all the external devices. Reboot. Windows should perform a startup repair.
    till 4. step there was no windows 10 key activeted and problem vas solved
    but after step 7 i checked key and it was not the same which i purchased, why did that change? i activated purchased key again.
    so is the problem to be a windows 10 key on my pc?
    or do some drivers prevent advancedstartup options?

feelulive, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Gino Des Win User

I choose Windows 10 volume 2 but it keeps restarting and shows the advanced startup screen...

Windows 10 startup error

Hi,

To resolve this issue, let's use Startup Repair from the Windows Recovery Environment. After three failed boot attempts, Windows goes into recovery mode. It is a blue-colored screen with a title
    Choose an Option. To repair, follow the steps below:

• Use the power button to restart your computer three times. This will start the Windows Recovery Environment.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Repair.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you start your PC in safe mode. Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. It can help you troubleshoot problems on your PC.
    To start in safe mode, follow the steps below:

• On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options > Startup Settings >
      Restart.
    • After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 5 or F5 for
      Safe Mode with Networking.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

1. I choose Windows 10 volume 2 but it keeps restarting and shows the advanced startup screen... - Similar Threads - choose volume keeps

2. Choose an operating system Windows 10 On volume 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Choose an operating system Windows 10 On volume 2: i restarted my windows and now it asks me to“ Choose an operating system “ and theres only 2 stuff which i can pick and both of them are the same “Windows 10 On volume 2” and when i click on them it does absolutely nothing??? it brings me back to Choose an operating system....
  3. Choose an operating system Windows 10 On volume 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Choose an operating system Windows 10 On volume 2: i restarted my windows and now it asks me to“ Choose an operating system “ and theres only 2 stuff which i can pick and both of them are the same “Windows 10 On volume 2” and when i click on them it does absolutely nothing??? it brings me back to Choose an operating system....
  4. Choose an operating system Windows 10 On volume 2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 keeps booting to advanced startup

Windows 10 keeps booting to advanced startup: I paused updates on my windows 10 21h2 ltsc pc then I resumed then. Once my pc restarted it got s BSOD but then it got the advanced startup. Whenever I turn it back on it will bring me to the advanced startup...
  6. Windows 10 Advanced Startup Not Showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Advanced Startup Not Showing: Whenever I choose "Advanced Startup" from within the Settings menu, instead of my PC restarting and then letting me select an option, the menu immediately shows up. When I pick an option, my computer fails to restart itself, staying on a black screen after logging out. I'm...
  7. Windows 10 Advanced Startup Not Showing

Windows 10 Advanced Startup Not Showing: Whenever I choose "Advanced Startup" from within the Settings menu, instead of my PC restarting and then letting me select an option, the menu immediately shows up. When I pick an option, my computer fails to restart itself, staying on a black screen after logging out. I'm...
  8. Windows 10 Advanced Startup Not Showing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows 10 Volume 2 and Volume 6 on startup.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Volume 2 and Volume 6 on startup.: I got a new Drive recently and wiped my old one which I now use as a second drive. I did a fresh install of Windows 10 on my new drive and now I have this issue. Windows 10 Volume 2 boots just fine and windows 10 Volume 6 just gives me a blue screen and will not boot. I have...
  10. I choose Windows 10 volume 2 but it keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Customization
    I choose Windows 10 volume 2 but it keeps restarting: Hello, I had a problem with the system and then I choosed to reset and keep my files. When I came to choose the windows version, there were 2 windows 10 volume 2 Whenever I choose one of these, the laptop will load then restart, then it will restart again and again how can i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows on volume 2 twice and keeps restarting

2. windows 10 volum 2 restars