Windows 10: I claimed Minecraft Windows 10 last year when it was free for Java edition owners but can...

Discus and support I claimed Minecraft Windows 10 last year when it was free for Java edition owners but can... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Before April 19th 2020, you could claim Minecraft Windows 10 Edition for free. Which I did. I can play it. But only on one of my computers. Computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by yorbby, Feb 13, 2021.

1. yorbby Win User

I claimed Minecraft Windows 10 last year when it was free for Java edition owners but can...

Before April 19th 2020, you could claim Minecraft Windows 10 Edition for free. Which I did. I can play it. But only on one of my computers.

Computer 1 = Computer I can't play it on

Computer 2 = Computer I CAN play it on

So I own and can play Minecraft Windows 10 on Computer 2, but when I login to Microsoft store on Computer 1, it says I don't own it. I tried going to minecraft.net to see if it lets me get it there and it says I have to buy it. I understand that the offer to claim it for free if you already own Java Edition ended in April 2020, but I already claimed it. So I don't understand why I don't own it still.

:)

yorbby, Feb 13, 2021
  2. Meebus Win User

Minecraft Windows 10 Edition "claim your free copy" not working

I have been an owner of minecraft java edition since 2013 and I am now on Windows 10. When I go to my mojang account it presents a button that says "claim your free copy" of Minecraft for Windows 10. I have tried for multiple days but the message "Error! It
    looks like we've temporarily run out of gift codes for Minecraft for Windows 10. Don't worry though, more codes should be on their way. Please check back later!" keeps popping up. Is there an alternate way I can claim my copy for my computer?

Meebus, Feb 13, 2021
  3. Free Copy of Minecraft: Windows 10 edition Claimed on a previous email.

I bought Minecraft Java Edition in 2013, which means I'm eligible for the free copy of Minecraft Windows 10 edition. I claimed this in 2016, but since then I have changed Microsoft accounts. I'm still using the same the same Mojang account and it still
    says it is claimed. Is it possible to transfer the claim to this account?

Chasie-Poo, Feb 13, 2021
  4. I claimed Minecraft Windows 10 last year when it was free for Java edition owners but can...

Windows 10 edition Minecraft to JAVA

Hi Jaden

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

Is Minecraft for Windows 10 included with the purchase of Minecraft: Java Edition? Players who have purchased Minecraft: Java Edition before October 19th, 2018 can get Minecraft for Windows 10 for free by visiting their Mojang account. Log into account.mojang.com,
    and under the “My Games” heading you will find a button to claim your gift code. If you purchased Minecraft: Java Edition after October 19th, 2018, the button will not be there, so if you’re unsure of when you purchased Minecraft: Java Edition, that’s a good
    way to check. Pressing the button will generate a token and send you to a Microsoft redemption page.

Mojang Studios Account

If that does not work....

This issue requires contacting support, let them put you through a tier 2 support so they can investigate your Microsoft Account, because that is likely where the issue lies why you can't redeem it.

https://partner.support.services.microsoft.com/...

Andre for Directly, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

I claimed Minecraft Windows 10 last year when it was free for Java edition owners but can...

1. I claimed Minecraft Windows 10 last year when it was free for Java edition owners but can... - Similar Threads - claimed Minecraft last

2. I have minecraft bedrock edition for windows 10, but I can not get java edition, last year...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have minecraft bedrock edition for windows 10, but I can not get java edition, last year...: when i try to get java it tells me to buy but I own bedrock. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-minecraft-bedrock-edition-for-windows-10/82cb7a40-e94e-4069-a439-2e111cc91f5c
  3. I have minecraft bedrock edition for windows 10, but I can not get java edition, last year...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have minecraft bedrock edition for windows 10, but I can not get java edition, last year...: when i try to get java it tells me to buy but I own bedrock. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-minecraft-bedrock-edition-for-windows-10/82cb7a40-e94e-4069-a439-2e111cc91f5c
  4. Minecraft: java edition owner, when can I get the code for the bedrock edition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft: java edition owner, when can I get the code for the bedrock edition?: I have bought the Java edition of minecraft a very long time ago 2015 if my memory serves me correctly, when will the codes be restocked so I can get my free edition of bedrock?...
  5. Can i get minecraft java edition for free if i own windows 10 edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can i get minecraft java edition for free if i own windows 10 edition: Can i get java for free on minecraft if i own window edition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-get-minecraft-java-edition-for-free-if-i-own/12a5527a-20bb-4dd2-8829-851bae1bf72e
  6. Minecraft windows 10 edition claim with java

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft windows 10 edition claim with java: I was looking through some stuff one day when i found out with my minecraft java edition account i could get Minecraft windows 10 edition so i go through the internet trying to find out how because whatever i tried didnt work then i come up on this microsoft post that said...
  7. Claim a free copy of Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, With Java Edition

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Claim a free copy of Minecraft Windows 10 Edition, With Java Edition: I have a copy of minecraft that i bought before october 2018, and i'm aware that i can have a free windows 10 edition, but since Mojang accounts migrated to microsoft i don't know how to claim it....
  8. Minecraft Windows 10 Edition free of charge if Java Edition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 Edition free of charge if Java Edition?: Hello, i have heard that you can unlock the Windows 10 Edition for free if you have the Java Edition. Unfortunately I don't get a gift code when I register on the Mojang website, does anyone know what the problem is? I know the Java Edition is better but I find it...
  9. Free Minecraft Windows 10 for Java Owners

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free Minecraft Windows 10 for Java Owners: I am trying to redeem my free copy of Windows 10 Mincraft since I have owned Java since 2012. I cannot find where to get my redemption code. Can anyone tell me where its at?...
  10. I bought Minecraft windows 10 edition at full price last year, can I get java edition...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought Minecraft windows 10 edition at full price last year, can I get java edition...: I purchased Minecraft windows 10 edition through the microsoft live store last year, I was invited to play online with my little brother and some friends but the server is running on java edition not windows 10. Windows 10 edition was given away free to people who had...