Windows 10: I click and drag a Internet Shortcut folder to my desktop. Now I can't get rid of it. I've...

Discus and support I click and drag a Internet Shortcut folder to my desktop. Now I can't get rid of it. I've... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I click and drag a Internet Shortcut folder to my desktop. Now I can't get rid of it. I've tried left click and delete. I've tried click and drag to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JeffBoswell, May 16, 2023.

1. I click and drag a Internet Shortcut folder to my desktop. Now I can't get rid of it. I've...

I click and drag a Internet Shortcut folder to my desktop. Now I can't get rid of it. I've tried left click and delete. I've tried click and drag to Recycle Bin. Nothing. No error message pops up.

:)

JeffBoswell, May 16, 2023

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 16, 2023
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, May 16, 2023
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

I click and drag a Internet Shortcut folder to my desktop. Now I can't get rid of it. I've...

Dragging apps to desktop for shortcuys

Hi Lance,

It's possible that some settings are preventing you from adding shortcuts to the desktop. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Does this happen when you try dragging all apps to the desktop, or just a specific app?
    • Are you using an administrator account?
    • Is your computer connected to a private domain?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps as a workaround:

• Right-click on any empty part of the desktop.
    • Click New > Shortcut.
    • Navigate to the folder location of the app you want and select it.
    • Click OK.

We look forward to your response and the result of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, May 16, 2023
Thema:

I click and drag a Internet Shortcut folder to my desktop. Now I can't get rid of it. I've...

1. I click and drag a Internet Shortcut folder to my desktop. Now I can't get rid of it. I've... - Similar Threads - click drag Internet

2. Can I click and drag users folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I click and drag users folder?: I've just built a new PC and am migrating from my old drive to a new drive. However, during the process I made an error and corrupted my old drive so it is no longer bootable. However, when running Windows on my new drive, the old drive appears normally as Local Disk D:.Since...
  3. I click and drag a Internet Shortcut folder to my desktop. Now I can't get rid of it. I've...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I click and drag a Internet Shortcut folder to my desktop. Now I can't get rid of it. I've...: I click and drag a Internet Shortcut folder to my desktop. Now I can't get rid of it. I've tried left click and delete. I've tried click and drag to Recycle Bin. Nothing. No error message pops up....
  4. I click and drag a Internet Shortcut folder to my desktop. Now I can't get rid of it. I've...

I click and drag a Internet Shortcut folder to my desktop. Now I can't get rid of it. I've...: I click and drag a Internet Shortcut folder to my desktop. Now I can't get rid of it. I've tried left click and delete. I've tried click and drag to Recycle Bin. Nothing. No error message pops up....
  5. Why when I drag files from Desktop to a Desktop folder they become shortcuts?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why when I drag files from Desktop to a Desktop folder they become shortcuts?: When I drag folders from Windows Desktop to a desktop folder they become shortcuts. How do I prevent this from happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-when-i-drag-files-from-desktop-to-a-desktop/cac0a933-4eab-4ca5-8a7f-5d1bb1c392cf
  6. Why when I drag files from Desktop to a Desktop folder they become shortcuts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why when I drag files from Desktop to a Desktop folder they become shortcuts?: When I drag folders from Windows Desktop to a desktop folder they become shortcuts. How do I prevent this from happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-when-i-drag-files-from-desktop-to-a-desktop/cac0a933-4eab-4ca5-8a7f-5d1bb1c392cf
  7. Why when I drag files from Desktop to a Desktop folder they become shortcuts?

8. How do i get rid of a hidden network ? I've followed internet instructions and it can't...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i get rid of a hidden network ? I've followed internet instructions and it can't...: How do i get rid of a hidden network? It shows when i go to connect. I've followed the instructions on the internet but nothing works Must be well hidden...
  9. I can't get rid of these empty folders on my desktop icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't get rid of these empty folders on my desktop icons: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Waffles_in_a_box [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iynycg/i_cant_get_rid_of_these_empty_folders_on_my/
  10. I can't get shortcut to show on the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't get shortcut to show on the desktop: I can't get shortcuts to be placed om the desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/i-cant-get-shortcut-to-show-on-the-desktop/c2b341d5-1d76-45f1-8f2d-a703787956d2