Windows 10: I click on settings icon, the screen shows, and then disappears

Discus and support I click on settings icon, the screen shows, and then disappears in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I click on settings icon, the screen shows, and then disappears. This happens with all task bar items like the network icon, the date/time icon and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by resorts, Feb 15, 2017.

1. resorts Win User

I click on settings icon, the screen shows, and then disappears

I click on settings icon, the screen shows, and then disappears. This happens with all task bar items like the network icon, the date/time icon and the notification icon. It also happens on sever start menu programs. I've seen this question asked here before but no solutions posted. ANY help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    =Dave=

:)

resorts, Feb 15, 2017
  2. Roger130 Win User

Microsoft Solitaire Collection Not Working

Microsoft Solitaire Collection will not run, when the icon is clicked on the Title screen shows briefly and then disappears. Clicked on the "Store" icon to download the program and again the Title screen show briefly and then disappears.

This has been like it for a couple of weeks. I can only do a restore from 5 days ago.

Roger130, Feb 15, 2017
  3. When I click on the icon I get the startup screen but then a dialog box that states Flight Simulator requires a minimum resolution of 1024 X 780

Hello Ed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

I request you to contact the below link for the issues related to
    Flight Simulator X:

https://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games/FSInsider/tips/Pages/default.aspx

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Feb 15, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, basics- does this happen in
    a. Safe Mode?
    b. After a clean boot?

History- when did this start happening? - Can you think what (change) may have triggered this?

Do you have any system restore points or disk images dated before this started to happen you can use?

dalchina, Feb 15, 2017
Thema:

1. I click on settings icon, the screen shows, and then disappears - Similar Threads - click settings icon

2. Windows 11 Settings Icon Disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Settings Icon Disappeared: For some reason I remember there being an small graphical icon on side of each menu item in the settings. It has disappeared. Is this normal and any way to fix it?...
  3. Windows 11 Settings Icon Disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Settings Icon Disappeared: For some reason I remember there being an small graphical icon on side of each menu item in the settings. It has disappeared. Is this normal and any way to fix it?...
  4. my desktop icon disappears even I've clicked "show desktop icons."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my desktop icon disappears even I've clicked "show desktop icons.": my desktop icon disappears even I've clicked "show desktop icons." instead, it has a transparent bar on top corner.i've tried many different ways but it still doesn't work. i've also opened my "desktop icon setting" and it doesn't have anything even i ticked all....
  5. my desktop icon disappears even I've clicked "show desktop icons."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my desktop icon disappears even I've clicked "show desktop icons.": my desktop icon disappears even I've clicked "show desktop icons." instead, it has a transparent bar on top corner.i've tried many different ways but it still doesn't work. i've also opened my "desktop icon setting" and it doesn't have anything even i ticked all....
  6. Windows settings shows blue screen with settings icon and then crashes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows settings shows blue screen with settings icon and then crashes: Windows Version 2004 OS Build 19041.421 I was trying to change some Personalization settings by right clicking the desktop and then clicking Personalize. When I do this a blue window opens with the settings icon in the middle which is generally what happens. However, a...
  7. Notifications Disappear When Icon Clicked

in Windows 10 Support
    Notifications Disappear When Icon Clicked: The Task Bar icon for Notifications will show that there is at least one notification, but I have no idea what that might be about, for now when I click on the icon, any new notifications are cleared with no further action needed by me. This started a day or two ago, and I...
  8. screen startup icons disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen startup icons disappeared: I vacuumed the keyboard and screen and the whole display icons went wonky. When I click on the windows startup, the icons aren't there, and instead there are three "things" on the top left start, pinned tiles, and all icons. If I click on all icons, the icons are spread all...
  9. Screen Disappears as I go to click on it

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Disappears as I go to click on it: This is a new problem for me. When I open a second window, I have to close the other one to be able to view it. It automatically disappears when I hover over it, or click on it. 127719
  10. My settings screen starts to show, then disappears.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My settings screen starts to show, then disappears.: Hello, I'm new to the forum. I just wondered if this issue I am having with my settings screen is a common problem, and if there is a fix for it? I just upgraded my system yesterday, from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and I wanted to go into the settings to check out how the...