Windows 10: I click update and restart from start menu and still updating

Discus and support I click update and restart from start menu and still updating in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I when to update my computer and selected update/restart at 1:30pm yesterday and now 10:20 am the next day and it still claiming it restarting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by davidcoffey3, Apr 25, 2020.

1. I click update and restart from start menu and still updating

I when to update my computer and selected update/restart at 1:30pm yesterday and now 10:20 am the next day and it still claiming it restarting

:)

davidcoffey3, Apr 25, 2020

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Start menu and action center is not working in Windows 10

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing with Start menu?

• Are you not able to open Start menu?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to follow the step below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Check for the latest updates and install.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.
    Step 2: I suggest you to run
    Start menu troubleshooter. After you've completed the troubleshooter, restart your device.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Apr 25, 2020
  4. David Haz Win User

I click update and restart from start menu and still updating

Start menu

Hello Elliot,

May we know if you have made any software changes prior to the Start menu not opening?

We suggest that you check any updates for you device, you may follow the steps below on how to check for updates without using the Start menu:

• Press the Windows button + R, type
      ms-setting:
      , and then select OK. This opens Settings.
    • In Settings, choose Update & security >
      Windows Update
      , and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

We look forward for an update from you.

Regards.

David Haz, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

I click update and restart from start menu and still updating

1. I click update and restart from start menu and still updating - Similar Threads - click update restart

2. start menu and windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu and windows update: I am unable to open my start menu. Cortana does not work either. Also the windows update seems to have an issue and will not open. I have tried to use pc health check. it says attention required for windows update. Then when I attempt to have it checked, it gives me and error...
  3. start menu and windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    start menu and windows update: I am unable to open my start menu. Cortana does not work either. Also the windows update seems to have an issue and will not open. I have tried to use pc health check. it says attention required for windows update. Then when I attempt to have it checked, it gives me and error...
  4. Application updated but start menu still showing old application name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application updated but start menu still showing old application name: hi, I upgraded OneNote from 2016 ver to 2019 version but the start menu is still showing the 2016 version. Is there any way I can change this? See attached images. Frank [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  5. I keep clicking restart to update 10 times now and it doesn't update. Yes, I still have...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I keep clicking restart to update 10 times now and it doesn't update. Yes, I still have...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SoulFactoriesX [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hb4d18/i_keep_clicking_restart_to_update_10_times_now/
  6. Missing Windows Update applet from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing Windows Update applet from Start Menu: My windows update applet from the start menu has disappeared. I have done the update from Win7x64 to win10x64, but don't know when problem first appeared...
  7. Start Menu Tiles not Updating.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu Tiles not Updating.: Any solutions when the start menu tiles are not updating/changing. The tiles are live but they dont update. 15324
  8. Shutdown from start menu now restarting

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown from start menu now restarting: System is Windows 10 Pro x64, version 1607 build 14393.321. Ever since the latest cumulative update to this build, I find that about half the time that I select Shutdown from the start menu, I actually get a reboot instead. If I use the command line shutdown.exe -s instead,...
  9. Start menu, still messy?!

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu, still messy?!: Any option, to make my start menu a little bit useful? I only have 4 recelty installed apps on the top, the rest of it is full of softwares in aphabetical order *Sad I dont care of those, but there is no option to hide them. SHow me a video, or any instruction, how to...
  10. Start Menu wont update

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu wont update: I seem to be unable to add any more programs to the listings of my start menu. The issue arose when I installed Office 2016. Access and Excel seemed to be added to the start menu listings. But the rest of the programs did not show up. The shortcuts were actually present in...