Windows 10: I click upgrade, but nothing happens?

Discus and support I click upgrade, but nothing happens? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am running 8.1 pro 64 bit. I click the icon at the bottom, it says "this pc is compatible" and I click upgrade. I click continue and it checks for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mike6623, Nov 1, 2015.

1. mike6623 Win User

I click upgrade, but nothing happens?

I am running 8.1 pro 64 bit. I click the icon at the bottom, it says "this pc is compatible" and I click upgrade. I click continue and it checks for updates. None are found. No updates are hidden. I have read and seem to have all necessary updated already installed. Why would this be happening and how do I correct it to download 10? I feel like I "hid" the update a while back, but when I look at view hidden updates it isn't there, nothing is.

:)

mike6623, Nov 1, 2015

2. I click on Email and accounts, but again, nothing happens, all I get is a blank screen

Original title :sue

I am on windows 10 and have been since the beginning of September. I upgraded from windows 7. Last Friday ( 20th November ) I did a windows 10 system update. Prior to this update I was able to go onto my Microsoft Account and sign in to Windows Store, I
    was able to use Cortana, but when I try to use it to get started, it says I need to sign in to my Microsoft Account, I click on the sign in button next to the box that says "No thanks", but nothing happens, when I want to go on my account from the start menu
    and go on settings, I click on Email and accounts, but again, nothing happens, all I get is a blank screen and it is the same when I try to update my information or verify my details. It says I need a security code which I get sent, but when I type it in,
    it says wrong code. Aaaaaargh!!!!!!! I can sign into windows from when it starts up but as to anything else I am stumped. Can some one with some knowledge please help me as I can't even go onto Microsoft Solitaire Collection, it keeps showing me as a guest
    with a red cross on it. When I click on guest, guess what?, it says sign in to Microsoft Account. When I upgraded from windows7 to windows 10 everything was great, no problems, but when I did the update I lost my account somehow. I know I set one up as it
    is the same one I used for windows 7. I even did an account recovery, changed my password but to no avail.

suecarrington, Nov 1, 2015
  3. I click on Email and accounts, but again, nothing happens, all I get is a blank screen

Hi ,

Thank you for posting your query in the Microsoft Community Forums.

The Microsoft Account Troubleshooter scans a Windows 10 system for issues and repairs problems that are found in relation to your Microsoft Account.

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

If issue persists switch to local account and switch back to Microsoft account,

• In the search box on the taskbar, type settings and select
      Settings.
    • Select Accounts > Other
      user accounts.
    • Under Manage other accounts, select
      Add an account.
    • At the bottom of the page, select Sign in without a Microsoft account.
    • Select Local account.
    • Enter a name for the new account. If you want this person to sign in with a password, enter and verify the password, add a password hint, and then select
      Next.
    • Select Finish.
    To switch back to Microsoft Account please follow the below link,

Create your Microsoft Account Today

Reply us if you have further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Nov 1, 2015
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

"Upgrade this PC now" option of media creation tool:
    Windows 10

NavyLCDR, Nov 1, 2015
Thema:

1. I click upgrade, but nothing happens? - Similar Threads - click upgrade nothing

2. Why clicking on the calendar nothing's happening?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why clicking on the calendar nothing's happening?: Even if I click hundreds times on the calendar on the lower corner of my MSI Flip evo nothing is happening how to solve this issue? And it's not even the one, as I can't access on the windows defender saying the admin didn't give me the right.But I'm the only one admin?Please...
  3. Why clicking on the calendar nothing's happening?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why clicking on the calendar nothing's happening?: Even if I click hundreds times on the calendar on the lower corner of my MSI Flip evo nothing is happening how to solve this issue? And it's not even the one, as I can't access on the windows defender saying the admin didn't give me the right.But I'm the only one admin?Please...
  4. I click download in windows update and nothing happens?

I click download in windows update and nothing happens?: So lately, my computer was slow so I updated it but now it says its ready for download and I can't even download it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-click-download-in-windows-update-and-nothing/4b995430-493b-4174-9bcc-8d5dd0455819
  5. I click download in windows update and nothing happens?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I click download in windows update and nothing happens?: So lately, my computer was slow so I updated it but now it says its ready for download and I can't even download it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-click-download-in-windows-update-and-nothing/4b995430-493b-4174-9bcc-8d5dd0455819
  6. I click an app and nothing happens

I click an app and nothing happens: Hello, I have updated my windows yesterday and ever since then I have been having some issues opening certain apps, when I click “app”, nothing happens at all, not even an error message. I have read that the reason could be file corruptions after the update so I tried...
  7. Nothing happens when I click 'browse' button.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nothing happens when I click 'browse' button.: Whenever I click 'browse' button to open a file or to save one it does nothing. I tried SFC and DISM commands and nothing achieved. I'm sure there is a problem with a 'dll' file in the system32 directory, however, I cannot locate it as I don't know what its name is. Any help...
  8. Nothing happens when I click on any of these

Nothing happens when I click on any of these: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BlueMonkey35 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kfre2p/nothing_happens_when_i_click_on_any_of_these/
  9. On this pc what happens if you click delete? I clicked it and nothing happened d

On this pc what happens if you click delete? I clicked it and nothing happened d: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pro-gamer12 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jy4pmj/on_this_pc_what_happens_if_you_click_delete_i/
  10. Double clicked the .txt nothing happened

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Double clicked the .txt nothing happened: System version is win10 pro 2004 english customer edition, just upgraded from 1909, not using insider program, nothing happennot even a "not responding" popup both clicking .txt file and notepad.exe, tried this method, still couldnt fix it. How do i diagnostic or fix it? btw...