Windows 10: I clicked on my Windows Defender Firewall and got a picture of a white rectangle with black...

Discus and support I clicked on my Windows Defender Firewall and got a picture of a white rectangle with black... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Home with all the latest security updates and all incoming traffic blocked, as of last night. I clicked on Windows Defender Firewall... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by HappyWishes, Feb 12, 2020.

1. I clicked on my Windows Defender Firewall and got a picture of a white rectangle with black...

I have Windows 10 Home with all the latest security updates and all incoming traffic blocked, as of last night. I clicked on Windows Defender Firewall 10 minutes ago by Services>Administrative Tools>Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security and got a screen that somehow locked my laptop. I had to force a reboot by holding down power button to get rid of it. It showed a white solid rectangle with a black background. Why am I getting this?

I clicked on my Windows Defender Firewall and got a picture of a white rectangle with black... f8924087-61ea-4d1d-929c-4bc6acc78da4?upload=true.jpg

:)

HappyWishes, Feb 12, 2020
  2. oemSoft Win User

Is window 10 firewall 1 way or 2 way?

I would like to know on how to create a white and black lists for firewall, so whenever any unknown traffic, it pops up and request permission and add into white or black lists in order to control and monitor and where to backup those lists as well.

On the other hands, there are windows firewall and windows defender, is there any difference in term of firewall?

Do you have any suggestions on whether win 10 Firewall has this feature or not?

Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)

oemSoft, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    windows defender firewall

Hi Faye,

Third-party antivirus programs usually have their own uninstallers provided by the software developer. We suggest checking the developer's website or contacting their support team for assistance with uninstalling their program. After fully uninstalling the
    third-party antivirus software, you may turn on Windows Defender by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Windows Defender Security Center and press Enter.
    • Click Firewall and network protection.
    • Click Private (discoverable) network and click On.
    • Click Public (non-discoverable) network and click On.

Let us know if you have any other concerns about Windows Defender.

Yolvi Ell, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

I clicked on my Windows Defender Firewall and got a picture of a white rectangle with black...

Windows Defender Firewall error code 0x800706d9

Hi AnudieKatz.

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Since you are facing an issue with the Windows Defender firewall, I would like to ask you few questions to get a better picture.

1. Are you using any other Anti-virus software?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?
    3. Have you tried installing Picture viewer and Calendar app after it getting uninstalled?

Based on your information, I would like to inform you that if you are using third party anti-virus program Windows defender will automatically turn off from your system you will not able turn it on manually.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1: Check the following services and ensure it is started.

1. Press Windows and R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type Services.msc and hit Enter.
    3. Search for the following services:
    • Base filtering engine Service
    • Remote Procedure Call Service
    • Windows defender firewall service
    4. Start the above services and reboot the device.

Method 2: I would suggest you to try running the troubleshooter to enable the firewall. Use the below link to run the troubleshooter.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...agnose-and-fix-problems-with-windows-firewall

If you are still facing the same issue after following the above steps, revert with the details asked.

Hope it helps.

Mala.S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

I clicked on my Windows Defender Firewall and got a picture of a white rectangle with black...

1. I clicked on my Windows Defender Firewall and got a picture of a white rectangle with black... - Similar Threads - clicked Defender Firewall

2. I have got black and white

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have got black and white: I have got black and white https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-got-black-and-white/453d3a8f-992c-4bf4-ace5-db1de0e43f6f
  3. I have got black and white

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have got black and white: I have got black and white https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-got-black-and-white/453d3a8f-992c-4bf4-ace5-db1de0e43f6f
  4. I have got black and white

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. White rectangle on screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    White rectangle on screen: [IMG] I have the following white rectangle on my screen and I am unable to get rid of it, I can hover over it with a mouse but clicking on it doesn't do anything and it doesn't register clicks under it making almost half of my screen unusable. I've ran a full virus scan and...
  6. Screen got black and white

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen got black and white: Maybe by mistake I hit the hotkey Win + Ctrl + C . Even toggling off and on color filers does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-got-black-and-white/752c3a23-5dfb-45f7-87db-02c61823dcd3
  7. All pictured turned black and white

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All pictured turned black and white: All the images which I get on my PC turned black and white like negative. The black ones turned white and the white turned black. please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-pictured-turned-black-and-white/5549910c-6095-4d1a-8d1f-d65bda5fe4d9"
  8. Pictures and Videos are showing in Black and White

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pictures and Videos are showing in Black and White: I am getting all pictures, video and any thing that is on e-mail , you tube or any pictures on news feeds. like a flim nagitive the blacks are white and the whites are black. not any art work ***Modify title from: Picures***...
  9. White Rectangle

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    White Rectangle: I had a white rectangle show up in the top left hand corner of my desktop. It was quite annoying. I tried changing the wallpaper, and killing a few programs in task manager. In the end I restarted windows explorer and that fixed it. Some people killed other programs but those...
  10. Magnifier shows a large white rectangle and I cannot click on anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Magnifier shows a large white rectangle and I cannot click on anything: I was having difficulty with the screen reader software that I have (ZoomText 10.1), so exited that program and tried to start the Magnifier. What I got was a large, white rectangle that moves with my mouse pointer but the rectangle is opaque. I can neither see anything...