Windows 10: I clicked on the start menu to open my contacts and the People app is missing, no way to...

Discus and support I clicked on the start menu to open my contacts and the People app is missing, no way to... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I click on the start and find that my People App is missing. Where can i find it? It was there yesterday and all i did today was turn on the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lindaepstein3, May 17, 2021.

1. I clicked on the start menu to open my contacts and the People app is missing, no way to...

I click on the start and find that my People App is missing. Where can i find it? It was there yesterday and all i did today was turn on the computer and click the start icon and voila, no people app.

:)

lindaepstein3, May 17, 2021
  2. davidhk Win User

Email contacts missing

1. If you open Mail app and click the + sign for New mail > type first couple of letters of a contact name > will a list of suggested names appear ?

2. Go to All apps > scroll to P > click People. Is the contact list there ?

davidhk, May 17, 2021
  3. idigweeds Win User
    The option "Pin to Start Menu" is missing in the right click menu for People App.

I have been unable to pin a tile to the Start Menu for the Windows 10's People App. The option "Pin to Start Menu" is missing in the right click menu. When I try to drag and drop the entry from the All Apps area to the Start Menu tiles area, it tells
    me that the app is already pinned there, but it's not. Are there any steps I can take to activate this option for this app?

idigweeds, May 17, 2021
  4. dscanlon Win User

I clicked on the start menu to open my contacts and the People app is missing, no way to...

Issue with People app

I'm running a clean install of Win 10, less than a week old, and I'm seeing some odd behaviour with the People app.

When I'm in Mail, I can see a contact's details by clicking on the "Open Contact" option from within the message. This opens the People app. So far so good.

However, this seems to be the only way I can access People. There's no obvious way to access it otherwise from mail, it's not listed in "All apps": also, when the People app is open, it has no icon in the taskbar - just an empty space where the icon should be (I can grab this anti-icon and move it around the taskbar).

Any suggestions welcome...

dscanlon, May 17, 2021
Thema:

I clicked on the start menu to open my contacts and the People app is missing, no way to...

1. I clicked on the start menu to open my contacts and the People app is missing, no way to... - Similar Threads - clicked start menu

2. Is there a way to view all apps in the start menu with one click?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to view all apps in the start menu with one click?: I want to be able to see all apps in a list when I FIRST open the start menu ins Windows 11 like I did in WIndows 10. However, I see no instruction for that. Is it possible? IF the community does not know, how so I contact a PERSON in Support; every time I click on "contact...
  3. Is there a way to view all apps in the start menu with one click?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to view all apps in the start menu with one click?: I want to be able to see all apps in a list when I FIRST open the start menu ins Windows 11 like I did in WIndows 10. However, I see no instruction for that. Is it possible? IF the community does not know, how so I contact a PERSON in Support; every time I click on "contact...
  4. Can not click on or open start menu and other apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can not click on or open start menu and other apps: I have a windows 10pc and I am having an intermittent issue where I am unable to click on certain shortcuts. I will try to click the start menu and it’s colour changes when i click, but it doesn’t open, same with file explorer and some desktop apps. If I use the keyboard to...
  5. How do I restore Contacts for .. People app. People app not showing contacts after...

How do I restore Contacts for .. People app. People app not showing contacts after...: Although I thought I had copied the relevant data ... that attempt failed. How do I locate my people data? Is it automatically on the Windows account? Can I ask People to read some data explicitly? Is there a windows web page to see my contacts? The original computer is...
  6. right click start menu missing?????

in Windows 10 Customization
    right click start menu missing?????: i have a issues where the right click start menu windows icon does nothing anymore for some reasons i was seeing all administrator tools like command prompt event viewer or disk management but now the right click with the mouse doesnt show the 2nd menu anymore someone have...
  7. Microsoft People app is missing from the start menu, but it is still installed

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft People app is missing from the start menu, but it is still installed: I use people app to sync my contacts on Telegram, but recently i updated my Windows to build 20215 and after that the People app doesn't appear in the start menu. I tried to open people app from Mail app, but it doesn't work. It asks me to install app from Microsoft Store,...
  8. Start Menu Stays Open After Clicking App

Start Menu Stays Open After Clicking App: Yo Xperts, Since the New Edge, the Start Menu Stays up after starting a selection? A new bug or is there a new option - Please do not offer SFC or check for updates. Thx, Joe...
  9. contacts into the people app

contacts into the people app: I am setting up Windows 10 for a friend who uses an email provider where the contacts list does not appear to be compatible with the People App. I have saved the contacts list that was in windows live mail, stored on the windows 7 machine, as a csv file and vcf files. I...
  10. widows people app missing contact list button on my pc

widows people app missing contact list button on my pc: have a new pc with windows 10, had fun loading office 365, had trouble sending/receiving mail now ok. On my people app I am unable to create contact lists as my pc app does not have the contact list button. Has the people app not loaded correctly? If I go into my account on...