Windows 10: I clicked "Update and Shutdown," and now my laptop is broken

Discus and support I clicked "Update and Shutdown," and now my laptop is broken in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; (New account. Only made for this problem) I was about to turn off my laptop, when I noticed that clicking "Shut Down" never went to the blue screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/windows10isbrokenbtw, Feb 9, 2021.

1. I clicked "Update and Shutdown," and now my laptop is broken

(New account. Only made for this problem)

I was about to turn off my laptop, when I noticed that clicking "Shut Down" never went to the blue screen with the "Shutting Down" line, it only made my laptop sleep, so I decided to choose "Update and Shutdown" while on the log-in screen. It started working on updates before shutting down. After turning it back on, lo and behold

The screen only showed two options:

• Troubleshoot
    • Turn off PC

Troubleshoot shows the following:

• Startup repair
    • Command Prompt
    • Uninstall Updates
    • UEFI Firmware Settings
    • System Restore
    • System Image Recovery

I can't uninstall both latest quality and feature updates, startup repair doesn't solved anything, system restore too, as it only shows an error. System image recovery also doesn't work because I have no system image.

I really don't know what to do since I don't have any skills in tis department. I tried googling, but i don't think any of it works.

Here's a video of how it looks like

submitted by /u/windows10isbrokenbtw
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/windows10isbrokenbtw, Feb 9, 2021

2. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Feb 9, 2021
  3. laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Feb 9, 2021
  4. I clicked "Update and Shutdown," and now my laptop is broken

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

I clicked "Update and Shutdown," and now my laptop is broken

1. I clicked "Update and Shutdown," and now my laptop is broken - Similar Threads - clicked Update Shutdown

2. my laptop is broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop is broken: i have the lenovo ideapad 3 and ive had it for about a year now and this problem has just started when i try to open any app on my laptop it works for a few seconds then my screen turns black then off and on then it works then the whole app crashes and i cant use anything...
  3. Laptop shutdown with a click sound while working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shutdown with a click sound while working: Hey there!! My laptop shutdown with click sound while working on it. I'm a student so it's tiring to see when device goes off while working. I have online lectures and online exmas too. Can I know why my laptop goes off. I don't use laptop on a bed. I use it on a table...
  4. Tried to update my computer now I think it's broken

Tried to update my computer now I think it's broken: I recently updated my computer for the October 2020 update via settings. Now, it's giving me the option to select keyboard language. When I select keyboard language, I pick US English, but then it takes a few minutes. A black bar appears near the middle of my screen and my...
  5. Updated my drivers and now stuff is broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    Updated my drivers and now stuff is broken: Ok so I woke up and went to play Minecraft but then it gave me an error so I updated my drivers by the nvidia website and it didn't fix the error but just made more problems so now I can't use the search bar and when i wanna uninstall minecraft I go to the apps and features...
  6. Is my laptop broken.

Is my laptop broken.: I'm going to list everything wrong with my computer - My Caps Lock function is reversed when I have Caps Lock on it's lowercase letters and the other way around -Every link I press opens another window -Every time I open a channel on the chatting app "Discord" it opens...
  7. my laptop is broken

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my laptop is broken: When I got my laptop out of the box I turn it on and there is a line right in the middle that wont go away. Also now I cant click anything because my cursor wont work! What do I do?...
  8. My cat jumped on my laptop. Now my keyboard clicks when I type?? Sometimes it clicks and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My cat jumped on my laptop. Now my keyboard clicks when I type?? Sometimes it clicks and...: Now my keyboard clicks when I type?? Sometimes it clicks and sometimes I can't type at all!! I have done a recovery 3 times. Will type only for a short time. Any advise? Thanks...
  9. I think my laptop is broken.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I think my laptop is broken.: Hello, My Dell Inspiron 15 3000 Series laptop is stuck in a boot loop. I cannot access the login screen. I have tried to do a hard reset but it just goes back to the 'Recovering your previous version of windows' loop. I encountered this when I had an update, the...
  10. My Laptop Not Shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    My Laptop Not Shutdown: My laptop was working fine ,after complete my work when i try for shut down of laptop but it is not shutdown . what is this problem and how fix this problem? 59635