Windows 10: I cloned my C: drive to my E: drive and i want to Format My C: drive

Discus and support I cloned my C: drive to my E: drive and i want to Format My C: drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I have already prioritized my PC to boot from my E: drive which has a copy of my windows 10. I used Samsung's Data Migration tool since both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ralf0317, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Ralf0317 Win User

I cloned my C: drive to my E: drive and i want to Format My C: drive

I cloned my C: drive to my E: drive and i want to Format My C: drive 1a666643-451a-4ef2-8a72-738d1cb8f963?upload=true.png

I have already prioritized my PC to boot from my E: drive which has a copy of my windows 10. I used Samsung's Data Migration tool since both my C: and E: are both from Samsung to avoid any hiccups or discrepancies. I'm worried that formatting my C: drive may mess something up because it still shows the Windows OS symbol hovering over my C: drive although i have prioritized it to boot from my E: drive. Am i missing something here?

:)

Ralf0317, Sep 9, 2020
  2. skooterfd Win User

Cloning Drive C:/

I bought a new hard drive so I could clone my main hard drive. The new drive was formatted after putting into an external hard drive bay connected using USB cable. I right clicked on my C:/ drive & chose copy. I then right clicked on my new hard drive F:/
    and chose paste. It then started to copy C:/ to F:/, but it eventually failed saying I wasn't authorized to access certain files even though I'm the Administrator of my computer. It also said I had a bad sector on C:/ drive. I then reformatted C:/ & tried
    to make a clone drive onto F:/. All that did was copy over ...

$RECYCLEBIN, Boot, Recovery, System Volume 1, bootmgr, BOOTNXT, BOOTSECT.BAK

It appears to me that all it did was make a boot disk in case C:/ drive failed to boot I could have the computer boot using drive F:/ which is not what I wanted. I already have drive E:/ for that in the same bay housing as F:/.

What I want is an exact clone of C:/ drive, every program & file on it!

Anyone got any suggestions?

skooterfd, Sep 9, 2020
  3. KTR
    ktr Win User
    Can not extend C drive.

You will have to move E: drive first. So expand E: drive to take that 10gb of space, then shrink it from the left...so that you can expand C: drive.

You cannot have C:---E:---C:
    It must be C:---E:

4. I cloned my C: drive to my E: drive and i want to Format My C: drive

Can not extend C drive.

How do shrink it from the left? *Confused I cloned my C: drive to my E: drive and i want to Format My C: drive :confused:

kid41212003, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

I cloned my C: drive to my E: drive and i want to Format My C: drive

1. I cloned my C: drive to my E: drive and i want to Format My C: drive - Similar Threads - cloned drive drive

2. I want to make my C:\ drive the default drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to make my C:\ drive the default drive: Hello I am a noob and looking for help to make my C: drive my permanent drive. It always starts off as C:\User.I don't want that. The last independent advisor wasn't patience nor clear. Can some someone better to explain to me, please....
  3. I want to make my C:\ drive the default drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to make my C:\ drive the default drive: Hello I am a noob and looking for help to make my C: drive my permanent drive. It always starts off as C:\User.I don't want that. The last independent advisor wasn't patience nor clear. Can some someone better to explain to me, please....
  4. I want to make my C:\ drive the default drive

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I have cloned my C drive onto a secondary drive, now I want to erase everything on my C...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have cloned my C drive onto a secondary drive, now I want to erase everything on my C...: So I think the title describes the scenario quite well, however what I have to add is that my secdonary drive is a nVME SSD that is hard to plug/unplug and I dont wanna mess with unplugging it for the sake of a software installation.How would I go about reinstalling windows...
  6. Cloning to an E drive from C drive but not D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cloning to an E drive from C drive but not D drive: I want to clone my C SSD drive to my larger E SSD drive. My issue is when I open up Macrium to start the process my C drive SSD and D drive HDD both appear to be chosen for cloning. Both drives have system folders on them but my D drive is huge and I don't need to clone it. I...
  7. How do I extend my C: drive? I want to extend my C drive to my E drive so they both have...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I extend my C: drive? I want to extend my C drive to my E drive so they both have...: Hello, so the picture above is what my disk management looks like. I have a 931GB drive and I kinda want it to be divided into two equal parts. I want it to be 465.5GB on both C and E drives, or you can suggest to me how many GB should be in both drives. I'm kindly asking for...
  8. How to format my C Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to format my C Drive: I'm having issue with my main drive the C drive and just backed it up and thought I would do a full format then run my backup. But after upgrading to windows 10 I haven't done a format and not having a physical disc I was wondering how to do it. I know I used to format during...
  9. How to format my C Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to format my C Drive: I'm having issue with my main drive the C drive and just backed it up and thought I would do a full format then run my backup. But after upgrading to windows 10 I haven't done a format and not having a physical disc I was wondering how to do it. I know I used to format during...
  10. Full format of my 'C' Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Full format of my 'C' Drive: I am just about to do a re-install of Windows 10 and am wondering if I can first do a very thorough clean-up of my 'C' drive first by doing a full format before carrying our the reinstall. I am just about to look for the USB stick with Windows 10 on it, I think that it...