Windows 10: I cloned my mom's HDD in her old laptop to a new SSD but now Windows says C drive can't be...

Discus and support I cloned my mom's HDD in her old laptop to a new SSD but now Windows says C drive can't be... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dusty1015 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dusty1015, Mar 25, 2021.

1. I cloned my mom's HDD in her old laptop to a new SSD but now Windows says C drive can't be...

/u/dusty1015, Mar 25, 2021
  2. BossDweeb Win User

Unable to Boot to Windows 10 after Cloning old SSD to new SSD

When you say 'recovered the image to the new SSD'. Did you clone from the HDD to new SSD, and why the round about method ?

I've never cloned to an external drive, with the exception of when the machine has an external hot swap SATA port, but I

have cloned from SSD to HDD and back again using a SATA connection without any issues.

The boot sector should get written to the new drive by the cloning software (I use AOEMI ). The software also sorts out

alignment differences between HDD and SSD.

If there is a problem booting with the new drive, if you swap the SATA ports so the new drive is connected to the port the

old was connected to and vice-versa, the boot sector should get written to the new drive when you reboot.

BossDweeb, Mar 25, 2021
  3. Nickylee1 Win User
    windows 10 copy to clone drive

Hi Victorstoicescu,

So have you cloned your original SSD to a new HDD now? If you have done thing like that, you can replace you old SSD with new SSD. Then, clone your C drive from HDD(new) to new SSD. I think you can find a third-party clone software to help you. Maybe you
    can try AOMEI Backupper, which is a professional clone software. It has functions like disk clone and system clone that can help you

clone C drive
    to SSD or clone HDD to SSD easily and safely. And it can ensure secure boot after cloning.

Nickylee1, Mar 25, 2021
  4. I cloned my mom's HDD in her old laptop to a new SSD but now Windows says C drive can't be...

Proper way of cloning the OS from HDD to SSD

I bought a new SSD for my laptop, so I wanted to clone the OS from HDD to SSD.

My questions are....

I cloned my mom's HDD in her old laptop to a new SSD but now Windows says C drive can't be... e1df0c34-f1b6-44a0-95b1-c92d08cb3331?upload=true.png

1. Should I clone the recovery and other 3 partitions to the SSD ? (C drive is obvious)

2. If I did clone all the 4 partitions to SSD, should I delete the older partitions from the HDD ?

3. Or can I clone only the C drive and use the other files from the HDD ?

Karthikbs27, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

I cloned my mom's HDD in her old laptop to a new SSD but now Windows says C drive can't be...

1. I cloned my mom's HDD in her old laptop to a new SSD but now Windows says C drive can't be... - Similar Threads - cloned mom's HDD

2. Replacing old HDD with the new SSD for my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replacing old HDD with the new SSD for my laptop: I have a Lenovo laptop running on Windows 10. I am planning to replace the the hard drive from HDD to SSD to enhance the speed. My question is, How can i transfer the existing OS from the HDD to the new SSD using the back-up file?...
  3. Replacing old HDD with the new SSD for my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replacing old HDD with the new SSD for my laptop: I have a Lenovo laptop running on Windows 10. I am planning to replace the the hard drive from HDD to SSD to enhance the speed. My question is, How can i transfer the existing OS from the HDD to the new SSD using the back-up file?...
  4. Replacing old HDD with the new SSD for my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Upgraded to an NVME drive, cloned my old boot SSD to the new drive, now my Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded to an NVME drive, cloned my old boot SSD to the new drive, now my Windows...: I did a full PC upgrade last night, mobo, CPU, RAM, GPU, PSU etc. One of the things I upgraded was my boot drive, from a regular SSD to an NVME drive. I used the Macrium Reflect software to clone the SSD with my legitimate, purchased copy of Windows 10 Home to the new drive,...
  6. Upgraded to an NVME drive, cloned my old boot SSD to the new drive, now my Windows...

Upgraded to an NVME drive, cloned my old boot SSD to the new drive, now my Windows...: I did a full PC upgrade last night, mobo, CPU, RAM, GPU, PSU etc. One of the things I upgraded was my boot drive, from a regular SSD to an NVME drive. I used the Macrium Reflect software to clone the SSD with my legitimate, purchased copy of Windows 10 Home to the new drive,...
  7. Upgraded to an NVME drive, cloned my old boot SSD to the new drive, now my Windows...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. How to change drive letter C: on an old hdd to a new ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change drive letter C: on an old hdd to a new ssd: Hello. I have an old Lenovo B50-30 All-in-One desktop. The 1 TB SATA hdd had become very slow, so I removed the CD drive and installed a 238 GB Samsung SATA ssd. My old hdd has two partitions, a 256 GB C: with Windows 10 and larger non-bootable D: used to store data. I used a...
  9. How to change drive letter C: on an old hdd to a new ssd

How to change drive letter C: on an old hdd to a new ssd: Hello. I have an old Lenovo B50-30 All-in-One desktop. The 1 TB SATA hdd had become very slow, so I removed the CD drive and installed a 238 GB Samsung SATA ssd. My old hdd has two partitions, a 256 GB C: with Windows 10 and larger non-bootable D: used to store data. I used a...
  10. How to change drive letter C: on an old hdd to a new ssd

in Windows 10 Customization