Windows 10: I closed my laptop while it was updating, what now?

Discus and support I closed my laptop while it was updating, what now? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/whatisthemoonidunno [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/whatisthemoonidunno, Jan 14, 2021.

1. I closed my laptop while it was updating, what now?

/u/whatisthemoonidunno, Jan 14, 2021
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Laptop goes to sleep when the LID is closed while playing the game.

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in your laptop regarding the sleep mode while playing game. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Have you connected the external monitor to the Laptop?
    • Did you make any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you facing this issue specifically when playing the specific Game?
    • Are you facing this issue after any recent updates installed?
    This issue might have caused due to the power settings for the closing of LID is set to sleep mode.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select the Control Panel.
    • Select Power options by searching in search box.
    • Right side select Change Plan setting next to the power plans.
    • Select the Change advanced Power plan settings.
    • Under the list select and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Select Turn off the display under the drop down of setting.
    • Click Apply. Ok.
    • Close the LID and Check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 14, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

I closed my laptop while it was updating, what now?

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond I closed my laptop while it was updating, what now? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

I closed my laptop while it was updating, what now?

1. I closed my laptop while it was updating, what now? - Similar Threads - closed laptop while

2. i have a problem i accidentally closed the laptop while updating and now it requires...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    i have a problem i accidentally closed the laptop while updating and now it requires...: accidentally closed the laptop while updating and now it requires password that i dont have i tried every password that i remember but id does not work , i dont want to lose all my data so i couldnt do a format...
  3. i have a problem i accidentally closed the laptop while updating and now it requires...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have a problem i accidentally closed the laptop while updating and now it requires...: accidentally closed the laptop while updating and now it requires password that i dont have i tried every password that i remember but id does not work , i dont want to lose all my data so i couldnt do a format...
  4. i have a problem i accidentally closed the laptop while updating and now it requires...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What will happen if I close my laptop's Lid while reseting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What will happen if I close my laptop's Lid while reseting: hi what will happen if I close it's lid if I reset itI choosed that nothing will happen when the lid is closed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-will-happen-if-i-close-my-laptops-lid-while/138dd5e6-7ad5-4586-9213-1079575fc846
  6. What will happen if I close my laptop's Lid while reseting

What will happen if I close my laptop's Lid while reseting: hi what will happen if I close it's lid if I reset itI choosed that nothing will happen when the lid is closed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-will-happen-if-i-close-my-laptops-lid-while/138dd5e6-7ad5-4586-9213-1079575fc846
  7. My Laptop was updating and i accidentally closed my laptop... And now its not turning on...

My Laptop was updating and i accidentally closed my laptop... And now its not turning on...: I was updating it and i closed it but not its not working what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-was-updating-and-i-accidentally-closed/2fe0573c-9163-48a3-bd24-36f184495fe0
  8. My Laptop was updating and i accidentally closed my laptop... And now its not turning on...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop was updating and i accidentally closed my laptop... And now its not turning on...: I was updating it and i closed it but not its not working what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-was-updating-and-i-accidentally-closed/2fe0573c-9163-48a3-bd24-36f184495fe0
  9. My Laptop was updating and i accidentally closed my laptop... And now its not turning on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. So I updated my laptop to version 2004 and it’s stuck on this page now for a while. What...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So I updated my laptop to version 2004 and it’s stuck on this page now for a while. What...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Maziar_324 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i3payb/so_i_updated_my_laptop_to_version_2004_and_its/