Windows 10: I compressed my whole hardrive (Need Help)

Discus and support I compressed my whole hardrive (Need Help) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I compressed my main computer's hard drive. Now there is a blue shrink icon on all of my files, even after I download something new. Does anyone know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by redninjaelias7, Nov 29, 2016.

1. I compressed my whole hardrive (Need Help)

I compressed my main computer's hard drive. Now there is a blue shrink icon on all of my files, even after I download something new. Does anyone know how to undo this?

I compressed my whole hardrive (Need Help) [​IMG]

:)

redninjaelias7, Nov 29, 2016
  2. Cocotl Win User

Windows 10 not letting me update it with external hardrive

Hello,

I currently have Windows 10 on my HP Stream Notebook PC 13. For some reason it wont let me intall the Upgrade to Windows 10 Home, version 1511, 10586. I have been using my Toshiba external hardrive to intall updates and back up my files. My external hardrive
    shows up and works with the computer, but when I go to upgrade it, it doesn't give me the option to use an external hardrive to update it! I need help... How do I make that option show up?

Cocotl, Nov 29, 2016
  3. Desperate to retrieve information off of 8x hardrive

I need to get pics and data off my 8x that has died (the charger port is bad). I was in an accident and everything I need to file the claim is on the phone hardrive. Can anyone help me?

Ronda325is, Nov 29, 2016
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

I compressed my whole hardrive (Need Help)

That is Program Files folder. It should not be a great issue if compressed. Downloads tend to go to a different folder. Try booting into safe mode and uncompress your drive.

eLPuSHeR, Nov 29, 2016
  5. It's not only Program Files, it's everything

I compressed my whole hardrive (Need Help) [​IMG]

redninjaelias7, Nov 30, 2016
  6. Oh sorry, It worked now. I uncompressed the drive by going to properties and unchecked the 'Compress disk to save space' and it worked. It didn't work last time for some reason.

redninjaelias7, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

I compressed my whole hardrive (Need Help)

1. I compressed my whole hardrive (Need Help) - Similar Threads - compressed whole hardrive

2. Need help clean the hardrive and give me my command back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help clean the hardrive and give me my command back: Need help clean the hardrive and give me my command back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-clean-the-hardrive-and-give-me-my/11f3012d-ae47-4e9b-9d64-1f72880c291e
  3. Need help clean the hardrive and give me my command back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help clean the hardrive and give me my command back: Need help clean the hardrive and give me my command back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-clean-the-hardrive-and-give-me-my/11f3012d-ae47-4e9b-9d64-1f72880c291e
  4. hi. i need some help with how i open my files on a hardrive as i forgot my password and it...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hi. i need some help with how i open my files on a hardrive as i forgot my password and it...: i need some help with unlocking my usb but i forgot my pass and i cant change it as it wont let me. what can i do as i have already tried what it told me ????????????*Moved from Office insider....
  5. Accidentally deleted my whole windowsapps folder then did a system reset, i need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally deleted my whole windowsapps folder then did a system reset, i need help: So i was trying to fix a blue screen error i was having and ended up accidentally deleting the windowsapps folder with all the files inside, then i was afraid because some things weren't working on my system so i did a system reset and kept some files, now many of the...
  6. Hardrive Encryption Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardrive Encryption Help: Hello, I have been trying to enable encryption for my hardrive and recieve this error message? Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: Hardware Security Test Interface failed and the device is not Modern Standby, Disabled by policy Any ideas...
  7. Hardrive Encryption Help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hardrive Encryption Help: Hello, I have been trying to enable encryption for my hardrive and recieve this error message? Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: Hardware Security Test Interface failed and the device is not Modern Standby, Disabled by policy Any ideas...
  8. Hardrive Encryption Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Need Help ASAP whole drive gone!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need Help ASAP whole drive gone!: My system was running perfectly fine so I went to download a game off of my steam library, once i started i got the BSOD blue screen, and now every time I boot up my system I get a message that says, "Windows created a temporary paging file" etc. from there my Hard Drive D:/...
  10. Need help with Importing Outlook. pst from restored external hardrive.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Need help with Importing Outlook. pst from restored external hardrive.: My wife's Win7 hard drive crashed (with Outlook 2007) and it has been rebuilt/restored to an external USB drive by a drive rescue company (our regular Acronis image backup did not have the .pst file). She has been using a brand new Win10-Home 10.0.8363 computer with Office...