Windows 10: I compressed my whole hardrive (Need Help)

Discus and support I compressed my whole hardrive (Need Help) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I compressed my main computer's hard drive. Now there is a blue shrink icon on all of my files, even after I download something new. Does anyone know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by redninjaelias7, Nov 29, 2016.

1. I compressed my whole hardrive (Need Help)

I compressed my main computer's hard drive. Now there is a blue shrink icon on all of my files, even after I download something new. Does anyone know how to undo this?

I compressed my whole hardrive (Need Help) [​IMG]

:)

redninjaelias7, Nov 29, 2016
  2. Cocotl Win User

Windows 10 not letting me update it with external hardrive

Hello,

I currently have Windows 10 on my HP Stream Notebook PC 13. For some reason it wont let me intall the Upgrade to Windows 10 Home, version 1511, 10586. I have been using my Toshiba external hardrive to intall updates and back up my files. My external hardrive
    shows up and works with the computer, but when I go to upgrade it, it doesn't give me the option to use an external hardrive to update it! I need help... How do I make that option show up?

Cocotl, Nov 29, 2016
  3. Desperate to retrieve information off of 8x hardrive

I need to get pics and data off my 8x that has died (the charger port is bad). I was in an accident and everything I need to file the claim is on the phone hardrive. Can anyone help me?

Ronda325is, Nov 29, 2016
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

I compressed my whole hardrive (Need Help)

That is Program Files folder. It should not be a great issue if compressed. Downloads tend to go to a different folder. Try booting into safe mode and uncompress your drive.

eLPuSHeR, Nov 29, 2016
  5. It's not only Program Files, it's everything

I compressed my whole hardrive (Need Help) [​IMG]

redninjaelias7, Nov 30, 2016
  6. Oh sorry, It worked now. I uncompressed the drive by going to properties and unchecked the 'Compress disk to save space' and it worked. It didn't work last time for some reason.

redninjaelias7, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

I compressed my whole hardrive (Need Help)

1. I compressed my whole hardrive (Need Help) - Similar Threads - compressed whole hardrive

2. i unplugged my external hardrive unsafe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i unplugged my external hardrive unsafe: will this ruin my whole pc or make it slow ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-unplugged-my-external-hardrive-unsafe/113316f4-b392-4a1d-ac83-7e4cfb48da17
  3. Need help with Importing Outlook. pst from restored external hardrive.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Need help with Importing Outlook. pst from restored external hardrive.: My wife's Win7 hard drive crashed (with Outlook 2007) and it has been rebuilt/restored to an external USB drive by a drive rescue company (our regular Acronis image backup did not have the .pst file). She has been using a brand new Win10-Home 10.0.8363 computer with Office...
  4. save my hardrive: old lenovo laptop broke and i recovered the hardrive, these directories...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    save my hardrive: old lenovo laptop broke and i recovered the hardrive, these directories...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/rodartetalex [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gif7es/save_my_hardrive_old_lenovo_laptop_broke_and_i/
  5. I need help with my pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need help with my pc: Hello, I've got this problem some hours ago my Wi-FI icon disappeared for the taskbar but it's still working and settings won't open also when i try to type something in the search bar it won't even load anything and when i open control panel and a click on network it just...
  6. I need help with my laptop

I need help with my laptop: Okay so one year ago my dad bought me a gaming Asus laptop, everything went incredibly well until a virus got in, we cleaned the laptop and made a clean with fresh start, but now everytime I press the letter “T” it restarts automatically, does anybody know how to fix that or...
  7. [HELP] I need to move the whole OS from external drive to internal.

[HELP] I need to move the whole OS from external drive to internal.: Here's my situation. I have Dell g5 laptop with 128 gb NGFF m.2 SSD (windows 10 1909 is installed here) and 1 tb hard drive. I have bought 1 tb NVMe SSD and i want to move the whole OS from my stock SSD to a new SSD. I have got external case but it's compatible only with my...
  8. I need help with my desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need help with my desktop.: Ok, I am going to need help fixing my desktop from Microsoft. Please help me. I am a YouTuber who recently got a display or component upgrade thanks to the Windows Insider Programme. My XSplit Broadcaster didn't work, so I uninstalled it and I got Aposoft Recorder....
  9. I need help with my account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need help with my account: My situation is that, I have 2 HP laptops, everything works fine, but many people know my pin, and I would like to make my laptops more personal, so that everyone cannot access it....
  10. I need help with my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need help with my computer: I had a scammer post his self as a fake person from comcast and deleted all of my document off my desk top computer now I can't get my printer to respond to this dell devices...