Windows 10: I confuse with wifi connection setup

Discus and support I confuse with wifi connection setup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I am creating wifi settings it ask me public or private I don't know what is that anyone can explain me please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SugathapalaD, Oct 1, 2020.

1. I confuse with wifi connection setup

When I am creating wifi settings it ask me public or private I don't know what is that anyone can explain me please

:)

SugathapalaD, Oct 1, 2020

2. Wifi connecting Setup

Hi all, (i have windows phone 7.5 (lumia 800))

in my school is wifi and i need connect to this wifi with this items:

- Connect wiht the certificates (1st .crt, 2nd .cer) - i have install this one)

- Setup the method to TLS

- Identificaton with my name

Question 1: Where can i setup this items?

Question 2: Our school wifi is (sps-roam). I have only one item in the wifi-list. But my friend with Android have 2 items with the name "sps-roam". One with WPA and one with another connect (and to this i want connect).

So i want conenct to school wifi, but after select the "sps-roam", this need username and password, but i need connect with the certificate.

Can you please write the step-by-step process? Thanks.

Sorry for my bad english, but i'm sure, you understand me I confuse with wifi connection setup :)

JanKolář, Oct 1, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Kick or Ban who is connected with my internet ?

You would have to do that on your Router's setup webpage. 1st step is to turn on WiFi encryption and password. 2nd step, if you feel you need to, is set up an access list of the physical MAC addresses for the network adapters of the computers you want to allow to connect. Any other network adapter not on that MAC filter list won't be able to connect. (but MAC addresses can be easily spoofed, if the third person knows which MAC addresses are allowed).

NavyLCDR, Oct 1, 2020
  4. wabbles Win User

I confuse with wifi connection setup

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

I confuse with wifi connection setup

1. I confuse with wifi connection setup - Similar Threads - confuse wifi connection

2. My computer seems to be confused whether or not I'm connected to wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer seems to be confused whether or not I'm connected to wifi: One day seemingly randomly my internet would not connect to Wi-Fi or my ethernet. I use ethernet to connect to the internet my computer has never had an issue like this before but it would show the icon that I have no internet like the one pictured in the ss I sent, I had...
  3. My computer seems to be confused whether or not I'm connected to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer seems to be confused whether or not I'm connected to wifi: One day seemingly randomly my internet would not connect to Wi-Fi or my ethernet. I use ethernet to connect to the internet my computer has never had an issue like this before but it would show the icon that I have no internet like the one pictured in the ss I sent, I had...
  4. How can I connect my Linksys wifi extender after setup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I connect my Linksys wifi extender after setup?: Recently, I did buy a Windows laptop from Microsoft, and I tried to set up Linksys Wifi Extender Setup on it, but I was unsuccessful. I made every effort to connect it to my laptop manually or using WPS, but it hardly ever worked. I have followed the steps given below to...
  5. WIFI setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI setup: I recently changed my router from BT to EE. 2 Tablets, 2 Mobile phones and 1 laptop all connected automatically. However, my main laptop did not connect and I can't find a way of connecting to WIFI. I can connect with a cable but not WIFI. How can I resolve this please....
  6. WIFI setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI setup: I recently changed my router from BT to EE. 2 Tablets, 2 Mobile phones and 1 laptop all connected automatically. However, my main laptop did not connect and I can't find a way of connecting to WIFI. I can connect with a cable but not WIFI. How can I resolve this please....
  7. WIFI setup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. 2 Wifi adaptors and connecting which one is confusing

2 Wifi adaptors and connecting which one is confusing: Hi, I have an HP Laptop 15-bs0xx. I have 2 Wifi Adapters. One onboard Realtek Wifi and another external USB Dlink Wifi. Below are screenshots. You can see both wifi connections in drop down.[Wifi and Wifi2][ATTACH] When I click on Wifi --> Properties a Window opens which...
  9. wifi setup

wifi setup: Running windows 10, how do I connect to my wireless WiFi? Previously I used an Ethernet cable, I am moving my computer location and need to go wireless. Have tried all the troubleshooting steps to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  10. How to setup a WIFI connection.

How to setup a WIFI connection.: I had upgraded to Win10, but it locked-up my monitor (don't ask), so I had to wipe the hard drive and reinstall Win8.1 in order to get my display to work. Before, in Win8.1 and in Win10, my internet connection was working. Now Win8.1 says "your PC is not connected to the...