Windows 10: i confused with my bios mode, it's said uefi but have legacy partition

Discus and support i confused with my bios mode, it's said uefi but have legacy partition in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] so as can you see in the picture it said uefi bios mode but when i checked to disk management it have a legacy partition. it is even possible?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by adhiessyaprames, Oct 30, 2018.

1. i confused with my bios mode, it's said uefi but have legacy partition

i confused with my bios mode, it's said uefi but have legacy partition [​IMG]

so as can you see in the picture it said uefi bios mode but when i checked to disk management it have a legacy partition. it is even possible? and how i could change the partition to uefi partition? for information i instaled windows 10 on disk 1 if that helps
    thanks for helping

:)

adhiessyaprames, Oct 30, 2018

2. No bootable device no partition is active after change from legacy BIOS to UEFI

In the beginning you wrote this:

I get no options for UEFI in my BIOS setup

Your statement leads to this question:

Does your BIOS have an UEFI boot option?

If it lacks this option then your machine will not be able to boot up a disk that uses the GPT partitioning scheme. It must use the MBR partitioning scheme.

Frederik Long, Oct 30, 2018
  3. dac81048 Win User
    Problem Regarding Bios Change from UEFI to Legacy

I have hp pavilion p045tx with windows 10 pro. I recently install Ubuntu with windows 10 so for that I convert my bios setting from UEFI to Legacy mode for install third party software like wireless Driver and all in Ubuntu.
    But after every restart the bios setting change to default and that is to UEFI mode and that will cause an problem of no OS detect. Every time I have to go to bios setting and enable the legacy mode to start my OS. Can anyone suggest me what to do in this
    case.

dac81048, Oct 30, 2018
  4. gupsterg Win User

i confused with my bios mode, it's said uefi but have legacy partition

UEFI vs Legacy boot mode

Switching to UEFI bios on GPU does not enable UEFI mode if motherboard is set CSM = On. Setting CSM = Off in my experience causes Windows 7 issues, even if installed as UEFI mode with GPT partition on storage device.

gupsterg, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

i confused with my bios mode, it's said uefi but have legacy partition

1. i confused with my bios mode, it's said uefi but have legacy partition - Similar Threads - confused bios mode

2. Cannot acces the BIOS in UEFI mode, only LEGACY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot acces the BIOS in UEFI mode, only LEGACY: Hi,I've tried a lot of things like in this video How to Enter the BIOS / UEFI on Windows 11, even upgraded the BIOS, but nothing works. Currently, I'm using win11PRO as operating system.The laptop model is Asus Vivobook 15 X512DK.Do you have other ideas? I want to access the...
  3. Cannot acces the BIOS in UEFI mode, only LEGACY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot acces the BIOS in UEFI mode, only LEGACY: Hi,I've tried a lot of things like in this video How to Enter the BIOS / UEFI on Windows 11, even upgraded the BIOS, but nothing works. Currently, I'm using win11PRO as operating system.The laptop model is Asus Vivobook 15 X512DK.Do you have other ideas? I want to access the...
  4. my bios mode is legacy but im not sure if it supports UEFI.

in Windows 10 Customization
    my bios mode is legacy but im not sure if it supports UEFI.: im wanting to enable virtualization but thats impossible with legacy bios as the only thing in boot is troubleshoot>>>advanced options>>>startup options. and thats it, so if you know how to enable virtualization wthout need uefi please help, or if you know how to check if my...
  5. my bios mode is legacy but im not sure if it supports UEFI.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my bios mode is legacy but im not sure if it supports UEFI.: im wanting to enable virtualization but thats impossible with legacy bios as the only thing in boot is troubleshoot>>>advanced options>>>startup options. and thats it, so if you know how to enable virtualization wthout need uefi please help, or if you know how to check if my...
  6. my bios mode is legacy but im not sure if it supports UEFI.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. my bios mode is legacy but im not sure if it supports UEFI.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Bios swap legacy to uefi

Bios swap legacy to uefi: Motherboard/cpu upgraded ready for win 11. How to reinstall win 10 digital license to use new uefi bios. No facility for doing this. only gives option for retail licence install of win 10.trying to get system ready for win 11 but this is an obstacle to installation...
  9. BIOS mode as Legacy or UEFI?

BIOS mode as Legacy or UEFI?: My Windows 10 says its BIOS mode is Legacy with C drive partition as MBR. Is it worth switching to UEFI mode with C drive as GPT partition? Why does it seem so difficult to install to UEFI mode with GPT partition? You do not get an option to choose when you install windows 10...
  10. EFI, UEFI, Legacy BIOS.......

EFI, UEFI, Legacy BIOS.......: This weekend I will try to do a clean install of Win 10 again, from Win 7. Have to try som new methods to see if I can get my computer running flawlessly with Windows 10. I will use the clean install tutorials from this forum. I hav two options, with or without UEFI...