Windows 10: I could use some advise buying Ethernet cable.

Discus and support I could use some advise buying Ethernet cable. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need 3 cat5e cables, totaling 102 ft.So I suppose the best thing is to buy 150 ft and cut from there. Would this be a good place?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by drpeppercan, Jan 27, 2021.

1. I could use some advise buying Ethernet cable.

I need 3 cat5e cables, totaling 102 ft.So I suppose the best thing is to buy 150 ft and cut from there.

Would this be a good place? CableSalesCanada.comAlso, I do not understand their offer. How is this cable sold? I thought it would be by the foot, but I do not see information that would confirm it.What do you think?

Thanks guys!

:)

drpeppercan, Jan 27, 2021

2. Ethernet cable not working.

You need to solve your problem one step at a time, e.g. like so:

• Connect your CAT5 cable directly to your router. If it does not work, replace the cable.
    • Connect the cable to your TP-Link wall plug. If it does not work, reconfigure or replace the wall plug.

Frederik Long, Jan 27, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Ethernet cable settings

Hi Campbell,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the follow questions to get a better understanding on the issue:

• What is the model number of your laptop?
    • Do you have a yellow exclamation on the network icon after connecting the cat 7 cable?

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from
    Fix network connection issues in Windows

Also, I suggest you to check the laptop manual or laptop manufacturer to know whether the Ethernet port of your laptop supports cat 7 cable.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 27, 2021
  4. I could use some advise buying Ethernet cable.

Constantly disconnecting with ethernet cable

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted on the status of the issue.

I suggest you to check if rolling back the Ethernet driver helps to resolve the issue. Follow the below steps.

• First of all, Press Windows logo + R from keyboard. It will open
      RUN.
    • Now type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open Device Manager.
    • You will see all the device list of your PC. Expand Network Adapters
    Rollback driver

Double click on your Ethernet driver in Device Manager. Then Click on
    Driver tab and select Rollback.

Important: If your drive is performing well and there is no error, Rollback driver button will be grayed out as an option.

If it still does not help, I suggest you to reinstall the drivers for the Ethernet driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Note: Once you uninstall the drivers the Ethernet adapter device will be disabled and you won’t be able to connect to internet. So it is advisable to keep all the installer files as a back up in your hard drive.

Write to us with the results for further assistance.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

I could use some advise buying Ethernet cable.

1. I could use some advise buying Ethernet cable. - Similar Threads - advise buying Ethernet

2. No internet using ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet using ethernet cable: Hey,I have had my internet running for almost a year with no issues, now suddenly i just stops working and i am lost why.My PC doesnt want to connect to internet using the ethernet cable, wifi works fine and has no issues.Its not my cable as i unplugged it from my PC and on...
  3. No internet using ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet using ethernet cable: Hey,I have had my internet running for almost a year with no issues, now suddenly i just stops working and i am lost why.My PC doesnt want to connect to internet using the ethernet cable, wifi works fine and has no issues.Its not my cable as i unplugged it from my PC and on...
  4. Why can I only use ethernet cable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can I only use ethernet cable?: I have a windows 10 pc and it won't connect to wifi. I tried factory reset and it still isn't working. I can't have a cable running through my whole house but it works when I do. When I troubleshoot it says plug in an ethernet cable. Please can anyone help me use wifi on this...
  5. Why can I only use ethernet cable?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can I only use ethernet cable?: I have a windows 10 pc and it won't connect to wifi. I tried factory reset and it still isn't working. I can't have a cable running through my whole house but it works when I do. When I troubleshoot it says plug in an ethernet cable. Please can anyone help me use wifi on this...
  6. Why can I only use ethernet cable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Ethernet Cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Cable: Hello, my name is ElavI wanted to ask, that if I connect Ethernet cable to my laptop, then does it affect my electricity bills? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-cable/9bcfa1f8-5599-41c6-846a-53fc7ecb37fb
  8. I could use some advise on using a NVMe card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I could use some advise on using a NVMe card: I have an Acer Predator G3-710 2016 (desktop) pc. I haven't found the motherboard specs, but in the meantime I attached 3 photos. Could it be that photo #1 shows the slot where the NVMe card plugs? (red rectangle) According to laurent_14 from the these are the available...
  9. Networking computers using Ethernet cable?

Networking computers using Ethernet cable?: How do I connect one computer to another computer with an Ethernet cable to share files. I'm using Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/networking-computers-using-ethernet-cable/da12b04e-d590-474a-bb7a-92ab9abeac55
  10. Need Some Ethernet Cable Advice

Need Some Ethernet Cable Advice: Currently have two different sets of cables. Thinking about making all 6 the same "CAT". Oldest equipment is the 2 year old Modem/Router. Next is the HP Officejet Pro 6830 and the rest is new equipment. Question is CAT 5e of 6 cables? Look forward to your...