Windows 10: I could use some advise on using a NVMe card

Discus and support I could use some advise on using a NVMe card in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Acer Predator G3-710 2016 (desktop) pc. I haven't found the motherboard specs, but in the meantime I attached 3 photos. Could it be that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by drpeppercan, Oct 24, 2018.

1. I could use some advise on using a NVMe card

I have an Acer Predator G3-710 2016 (desktop) pc.
    I haven't found the motherboard specs, but in the meantime I attached 3 photos.
    Could it be that photo #1 shows the slot where the NVMe card plugs? (red rectangle)

According to laurent_14 from the these are the available expansion ports in this pc:

SATA 3.0: 4
    - One for DVD drive
    - One for HDD drive
    - 3 HDD bays so 2 free
    M.2 SSD: 1 (SATA 3.0)
    PCIe X1 3.0: 2
    PCIe X16 3.0: 1

Thank you in advance guys

I could use some advise on using a NVMe card [​IMG]

I could use some advise on using a NVMe card [​IMG]

:)

drpeppercan, Oct 24, 2018

2. Windows 10 installer don't detect NVMe drive

I have 2 drives:

• disk1 (SATA SSD, with Ubuntu 16.04)
      • partition1 (sda1: flag /boot)
      • partition2 (sda2: flag /home, encrypted by LUKS)
    • disk2 (NVMe SSD)

So, the goal is to install Windows 10 on disk2 and boot it from GRUB (which is on sda1).

What is the problem ?

In disk-choose step, disk2 is missing. However Ubuntu 14.04 installer "see" this disk, so I assume that is software issue, rather than my hardware.

What I tried to solve this problem ?

• loaded Samsung NVMe drivers from this thread
    • patched Windows image using DISM tool by adding 2 updates. I followed this guide
    • tried to run Windows 10 installed on USB stick to install it

All of them failed.

Please help me to solve this issue.

WojciechCe, Oct 24, 2018
  3. Windows 10 installer don't detect NVMe drive

Thanks. This helped but only partly.

NVMe disk is now listed in choose-disk step but installer says that its unable to install WIndows on this disk because it has MBR partition. Windows can only be installed on GPT disks in EFI systems.

What should i do now ?

WojciechCe, Oct 24, 2018
  4. I could use some advise on using a NVMe card

Use bootloader from a SATA disk to boot Windows installation on a NVME disk

I've managed to get the system booting from the NVME some other way:

1. Converted the NVME to GPT using MBR2GPT.EXE
    2. Hacked NVME support into the bios

a1__Bart__1, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

I could use some advise on using a NVMe card

1. I could use some advise on using a NVMe card - Similar Threads - advise using NVMe

2. Is it advised to use PC optimizers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it advised to use PC optimizers?: I have heard lots of software's which seem to boost the overall performance of the computer and was wondering if it is safe to use them and can they prove to be useful or is it best to just manually do it with the tools already available in Windows 10?...
  3. Is it advised to use PC optimizers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it advised to use PC optimizers?: I have heard lots of software's which seem to boost the overall performance of the computer and was wondering if it is safe to use them and can they prove to be useful or is it best to just manually do it with the tools already available in Windows 10?...
  4. I could use some advise buying Ethernet cable.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I could use some advise buying Ethernet cable.: I need 3 cat5e cables, totaling 102 ft.So I suppose the best thing is to buy 150 ft and cut from there. Would this be a good place? CableSalesCanada.comAlso, I do not understand their offer. How is this cable sold? I thought it would be by the foot, but I do not see...
  5. could not use apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    could not use apps: my laptop has updated over night . now all the files are no more at the desk top and I cant use Apps like Netflix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/could-not-use-apps/2ef8a835-6e94-41ab-b6ef-9233f34f1c10
  6. Migrate from NVME to Samsung NVME using Orico NVME enclosure ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrate from NVME to Samsung NVME using Orico NVME enclosure ?: How do I migrate from my internal Toshibha NVME 512Gb on XPS 7590 to a samsung evoplus 970 1TB NVME drive, using Orico NVME enclosure ? The samsung evo plus 1TB drive installed in Orico NVME enclosure shows up as JMicron Generic SCSI Disk device . I have tried using samsung...
  7. How many graphics cards could use in the following./

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How many graphics cards could use in the following./: Hello, I currently have the following Desktops at my disposal. Dell OptiPlex 7070 SFF Dell OptiPlex 7070 MT running Windows 10 I need to know how many graphics cards I can put into these desktops. This is for work and I haven't built PC in a long time so I am out of the...
  8. Bought using credit card thinking I was using gift card.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bought using credit card thinking I was using gift card.: Hi. So I recently got a $25 giftcard for the microsoft store. I saw that Sea of Thieves was half off, and so it would be $30. I wanted to get it and I went to buy it with the $25 giftcard and I would pay the rest with my credit card. The credit card info had not been entered...
  9. Could use some help with background colors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Could use some help with background colors: hey guys, one of the pc's with Windows 10 on, when opening settings has a gray background instead of white and it seems i cannot alter this. Anyone with suggestions to change this background please? thanks Jeff 13828
  10. Using sdclt as advised for backup, but how to recover

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using sdclt as advised for backup, but how to recover: Good Day So i did a full backup with sdclt and I ended up with 2 folders [img] So Witch one should I use for recovery ? Thanks 59703