Windows 10: I could use your suggestions of a good backup software

Discus and support I could use your suggestions of a good backup software in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; We all have our Horror Stories of losing data and I just had mine! I guess each drive has its own recycle bin and the one on my D drive got corrupted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by sjs94704, Sep 29, 2018.

1. sjs94704 Win User

I could use your suggestions of a good backup software

We all have our Horror Stories of losing data and I just had mine!

I guess each drive has its own recycle bin and the one on my D drive got corrupted and so I had no choice but to wipe out all my data in order to fix the problem. I can re-create the data, but, it will just take some time.

So, I do have several drives on my PC and just never established a good backup plan so that my files are always properly backed up. I would be grateful if you can suggest a good backup software that is either free or low cost that you feel would most likely work for me and can provide I think what is called incremental backups, meaning that say every night it simply backs up whatever has changed since the last backup.

Suggestions?

:)

sjs94704, Sep 29, 2018
  2. suraswami Win User

Anyone know of good Free Backup software?

As the title says I want a good Backup Software that will take a image of my system (Windows XP) and put it on my new E-Sata drive. If its less than $20 I am ok to buy it. Free is most welcome.

Any suggestions?

*Toast :toast:

suraswami, Sep 29, 2018
  3. Geekoid Win User
    Using network hard drive for backup

It depends what sort of backup you want to do. If you're happy just backing up regular files, then there are a bazillion (really, that many!) different bits of freeware to do that. There is a good list here:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/sortname/back_up.html

and pretty much all of them can do network backups. Some even have fancy options like encryption. Really, the most useful thing is just being able to schedule them and know they ran OK.

You may also want to make a system image backup too, and you'll find that software in the very same list.

I don't have Windows 8 as yet, so I'm afraid I can't suggest any for that platform. Personally, I use Clonezilla for image backups.

Geekoid, Sep 29, 2018
  4. SIW2 Win User

Software to backup windows

I suggest Aomei Backupper. It is very simple to use. The free ( standard version) will be fine.

Under the backup Tab, click System backup, then at Step 2 , browse to the location you want to save the backup image. Then click "Start Backup"

I could use your suggestions of a good backup software [​IMG]

Download it from here:

Best Windows Backup and Restore Software | AOMEI Backupper

Thema:

1. I could use your suggestions of a good backup software - Similar Threads - suggestions backup software

2. backup using multiple softwares

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup using multiple softwares: Recently I've been thinking of backup my laptop and I was scouting a suitable software. But I am in a dilemma of choosing it mainly because there are no software that is perfect. I mean every software has its disadvantages or bad user experience etc. So I was wondering, is it...
  3. backup using multiple softwares

in Windows 10 Gaming
    backup using multiple softwares: Recently I've been thinking of backup my laptop and I was scouting a suitable software. But I am in a dilemma of choosing it mainly because there are no software that is perfect. I mean every software has its disadvantages or bad user experience etc. So I was wondering, is it...
  4. backup using multiple softwares

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Online Backup Suggestions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Online Backup Suggestions: I have 2 computers, connected by a network, & 4 external drives (2 for each computer). I use Macrium Reflect to image each computer to external drives daily & switch external drives each week. My total size for all backups is about 600-700 GB. I'd like to be able to store...
  6. Free software suggestions to automatically backup certain folders in computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Free software suggestions to automatically backup certain folders in computer?: I'm just looking for a software that automatically backs up a couple folders on my computer with important documents and backups automatically without me having to do anything for peace of mind. submitted by /u/fallszero_5 [link] [comments]...
  7. I could really use the cascading feature. Any suggestions?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I could really use the cascading feature. Any suggestions?: I do not have the the option for cascading windows in my taskbar. Has this been removed? Build# Edition Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 Installed on ‎6/‎16/‎2020 OS build 19042.685 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0...
  8. Good antivirus softwares

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Good antivirus softwares: I’m getting a Windows desktop soon and I’d like to download an antivirus software for safety. I’ve only used Macs so I’m not very sure what works well. Could anyone recommend some? (Preferably cheap or at a free price) submitted by /u/rsienna [link] [comments]...
  9. How2 CHange dates of a file--suggested software not good enough

in Windows 10 Support
    How2 CHange dates of a file--suggested software not good enough: I used SKTimeStamp to change the dates of a file. However, I noticed it could only change 3 dates: Date Created Last Modified Last Accessed A search for such a utility often suggests "BulkFileChanger (BFC)" which seems to do the exact same thing: only these 3 dates. However,...
  10. I could use your suggestions of a good backup software

in Windows 10 Support
    I could use your suggestions of a good backup software: We all have our Horror Stories of losing data and I just had mine! I guess each drive has its own recycle bin and the one on my D drive got corrupted and so I had no choice but to wipe out all my data in order to fix the problem. I can re-create the data, but, it will just...