Windows 10: I couldn't get recovery code through my mobile number - microsoft account

Discus and support I couldn't get recovery code through my mobile number - microsoft account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, i don't have access to my mail that i used for creating microsoft account. So i used mobile number instead, but it always shows "The phone number... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Mahendarbabu1, Mar 17, 2020.

1. I couldn't get recovery code through my mobile number - microsoft account

Hi, i don't have access to my mail that i used for creating microsoft account. So i used mobile number instead, but it always shows "The phone number doesn't seem to be correct. Please check the country code and number." I have a number which starts with 6first digit and +91india code. I even tried entering 0 before 6. Please help me!

:)

Mahendarbabu1, Mar 17, 2020
  2. soletsky Win User

unlock sim t-mobile lumia 521

Thanks for your suggestion, but this is a prepaid phone --- no contract. As I said T-Mobile lists the number under an unknown carrier and suggested I contact Microsoft.

soletsky, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Microsoft account and phone number linked

Microsoft account password recovery requires two verification codes being sent using two different verification methods. Each Microsoft account has at least two verification methods, the phone number and additional email address which are asked and required when you set up a new Microsoft account with a new hotmail.com or outlook.com email or using a third party email.

When the thief who got your phone tries to recover your password, all your verification methods / security info phone numbers and email addresses will be listed for him to select one. OK, the thief naturally selects your phone number, gets the code sent as a text message, and enters it.

But, clicking Next after entering the code he needs to select another security info contact (phone / email) from the list to receive second verification code.

Password recovery is not possible with just your phone, the system is clever enough to make it impossible by requiring two codes being sent to two different phones and / or emails.

You can add as many phone numbers and email address as you wish as security info contacts at https://account.live.com/proofs/mana...&refp=security. I wholeheartedly recommend that you add at least another security email address; if you only have one phone number and one email added, those which were required when you set up the Microsoft account, and that thief got your phone, the recovery would be as impossible to you as it is to him, you both having access to just one of required two verification methods.

4. I couldn't get recovery code through my mobile number - microsoft account

"We couldn`t create a new partition or locate an existing one."

Try this:

Before you get to that message, press SHIFT + F10 to open a command prompt.

Run diskpart.
    At the diskpart prompt, run these commands:

list disk

At this point you should see the SSD as disk 0. If it has another disk number, use that number rather than "0" in the next command.

select disk 0
    clean
    exit (to exit from diskpart)
    exit (to exit from the command prompt)

I couldn't get recovery code through my mobile number - microsoft account [​IMG]

That should clear the contents of the disk. The entire disk space should then show up in Windows setup as "Unallocated Space" as in the screenshot below.

I couldn't get recovery code through my mobile number - microsoft account [​IMG]

hsehestedt, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

I couldn't get recovery code through my mobile number - microsoft account

1. I couldn't get recovery code through my mobile number - microsoft account - Similar Threads - couldn't recovery code

2. Couldn't Find my Recovery ID in my account to get the recovery key BitLocker?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Couldn't Find my Recovery ID in my account to get the recovery key BitLocker?: My Recovery ID isn't listed in my account to get the recovery key BitLocker. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/couldnt-find-my-recovery-id-in-my-account-to-get/c1ae55d0-6c40-4300-afda-001112a9b500
  3. Couldn't Find my Recovery ID in my account to get the recovery key BitLocker?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Couldn't Find my Recovery ID in my account to get the recovery key BitLocker?: My Recovery ID isn't listed in my account to get the recovery key BitLocker. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/couldnt-find-my-recovery-id-in-my-account-to-get/c1ae55d0-6c40-4300-afda-001112a9b500
  4. I want to restore my windows account password with my mobile number but I'm not getting a...

I want to restore my windows account password with my mobile number but I'm not getting a...: I have created Windows account, haven't used it at all, forgot password, want to restore it with my mobile number, after I enter the last 4 digits, nothing happens. I cannot restore it another way because I never used it and the questions asked by MS implies some historical...
  5. Locked out of Microsoft account and can't get through recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of Microsoft account and can't get through recovery: I've recently lost access to the email account linked to my Microsoft account and can't log into my account anymore since I can't reach the verification email. I have unfortunately no way of recovering the email account as it used a domain that I suspect got shut down without...
  6. Locked out of Microsoft account and can't get through recovery

Locked out of Microsoft account and can't get through recovery: I've recently lost access to the email account linked to my Microsoft account and can't log into my account anymore since I can't reach the verification email. I have unfortunately no way of recovering the email account as it used a domain that I suspect got shut down without...
  7. Locked out of Microsoft account and can't get through recovery

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. I am not getting a code to my mobile number

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am not getting a code to my mobile number: Hello,I had to face a problem with my account. Yesterday evening after a windows update, My laptop was asking for the BitLocker recovery codes and I was not able to access my device Which is a windows 11 laptop. I didn't know that updates cause such errors. After some...
  9. HOW CAN I CHANGE MY REGISTERED MOBILE NUMBER IN MICROSOFT ACCOUNT?

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW CAN I CHANGE MY REGISTERED MOBILE NUMBER IN MICROSOFT ACCOUNT?: HEY GUYS AS YOU ALL KNOW THIS IS OP_ARITRA FROM THIS SIDE........... I AM FACING SOME PROBLEM THAT I WANT TO CHANGE MY REGISTERED MOBILE NUMBER IN MY MICROSOFT ACCOUNT................. PLEASE GUYS HELP MEEE....
  10. How can i change my mobile number for Microsoft account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can i change my mobile number for Microsoft account.: I want to change my mobile number as the current number is not my personal number. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-my-mobile-number-for-microsoft/75ee7294-a5d0-4934-b67d-d4d2769e0534"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is the recovery code not visible for microsoft account