Windows 10: I create a new folder in win10 mail, when I log in on a different device, the mail app says...

Discus and support I create a new folder in win10 mail, when I log in on a different device, the mail app says... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I create a new folder in win10 mail, when I log in on a different device, the mail app says it could not create the name of the folder, I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kjl1956, Oct 27, 2021.

1. kjl1956 Win User

I create a new folder in win10 mail, when I log in on a different device, the mail app says...

I create a new folder in win10 mail, when I log in on a different device, the mail app says it could not create the name of the folder, I have micrsoft-win10 mail on 3 pc's, 1 amazon fire tablet, and 1 Samsung s21.The issue is more apparent on the win10 mail app, but sometimes the folder is there in the list.

:)

kjl1956, Oct 27, 2021
  2. vallero Win User

cannot create folders in windows mail app

when I go to 'more' in the mail app and click + a dialog display appears however when I enter the name of a new folder and click enter it appears momentarily in the folder list then disappears and a message appears at the top screen saying that the action could not be completed. I have tried the suggestions from the windows help site but nothing works. it appears that my only solution is to uninstall and reinstall the app, however that is not possible because I don't want to lose all my e-mails and accounts.
    I think that the problem is definitely with the app and not some weird Windows thing because I can create new folders with my Gmail account.
    Any suggestions will be appreciated, thanks in advance

vallero, Oct 27, 2021
  3. Unable to syncrionise and create new Folders Windows Mail app

Hello Geoffrey,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

Which is the type of email account you have configured in Mail app? Is it POP3/IMAP/Exchange server/any other email account?

The Windows 10 Mail app does not currently have support for creating folders. However it will sync any folders that exist on your email server. In most cases you can manage the folders that exist on the servers via the web by signing into email providers
    email web site.

I suggest you to install all the pending Windows updates and check if it helps. If the issue persists, I suggest you to remove the e-mail account and try to re-add it and check if it helps.

You may also follow the below steps to change the Mailbox sync settings in the Mail app and check if it helps.

• Open the Mail app.
    • Click on the gear icon (Settings) from the bottom left corner in the Mail app.
    • Click on the Accounts under
      Settings.
    • Click on your account and select Change settings.
    • Click on the Change mailbox sync settings and check in the
      Sync options.
    Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Oct 27, 2021
  4. I create a new folder in win10 mail, when I log in on a different device, the mail app says...

cannot create a new folder in Mail app

when I click the + sign a box appears to enter a name for a new folder. When I press enter the new folder momentarily displays in the folder list then disappears, a moment later a message appears at the top of the screen saying that the folder could not
    be created, and the only option is to click dismiss. In 'settings - apps and features' when I select the mail app there is no 'repair' option and 'reset' notifies you that all will lost if I proceed with a reset. that is not an option. What can I do?

MikeWatsonON, Oct 27, 2021
Thema:

I create a new folder in win10 mail, when I log in on a different device, the mail app says...

1. I create a new folder in win10 mail, when I log in on a different device, the mail app says... - Similar Threads - create folder win10

2. In Mail app of Windows 11, I created a new folder. When I moved my emails from Archive...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Mail app of Windows 11, I created a new folder. When I moved my emails from Archive...: In Mail app of Windows 11, I created a new folder. When I moved my emails from Archive folder into the new folder, my emails disappeared. How can I get my emails back?...
  3. In Mail app of Windows 11, I created a new folder. When I moved my emails from Archive...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Mail app of Windows 11, I created a new folder. When I moved my emails from Archive...: In Mail app of Windows 11, I created a new folder. When I moved my emails from Archive folder into the new folder, my emails disappeared. How can I get my emails back?...
  4. I create a new folder in win10 mail, when I log in on a different device, the mail app says...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I create a new folder in win10 mail, when I log in on a different device, the mail app says...: I create a new folder in win10 mail, when I log in on a different device, the mail app says it could not create the name of the folder, I have micrsoft-win10 mail on 3 pc's, 1 amazon fire tablet, and 1 Samsung s21.The issue is more apparent on the win10 mail app, but...
  5. Folders created in in outlook mail app for android are not being created in win10 mail app...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders created in in outlook mail app for android are not being created in win10 mail app...: Folders created in outlook mail app for android are not being created in win10 mail app and fails to add the folder manually It works on the 3 android devices I own with no issues....
  6. How do I create a new folder in Windows 10 mail

How do I create a new folder in Windows 10 mail: Missing the + next to All folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-create-a-new-folder-in-windows-10-mail/6f00be35-25e2-4a75-b18a-e27e26829fdb
  7. How do I create a new folder in Windows 10 Mail?

How do I create a new folder in Windows 10 Mail?: I click on the + to the right of Folders, a box appears. I enter a folder name and hit <enter>. The new folder name appears briefly in the list of folders but I immediately get a message "The folder named xxx couldn't be created"....
  8. cannot create folders in windows mail app

in Browsers and Email
    cannot create folders in windows mail app: when I go to 'more' in the mail app and click + a dialog display appears however when I enter the name of a new folder and click enter it appears momentarily in the folder list then disappears and a message appears at the top screen saying that the action could not be...
  9. cannot create a new folder in Mail app

cannot create a new folder in Mail app: when I click the + sign a box appears to enter a name for a new folder. When I press enter the new folder momentarily displays in the folder list then disappears, a moment later a message appears at the top of the screen saying that the folder could not be created, and the...
  10. Difference Between Outlook.com Mail and the Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    Difference Between Outlook.com Mail and the Mail App: Hello Can someone please tell me the difference between the two mail applications. Both facilities seem to do the same thing albeit under a different wrapper. Well that’s the way I see it. At present, I am using Windows Live Mail. I have POP3 accounts from 3rd party...