Windows 10: I create a new rule Windows Defender Firewall for outgoing and incoming traffic, a rule to...

Discus and support I create a new rule Windows Defender Firewall for outgoing and incoming traffic, a rule to... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I create a new rule Windows Defender firewall for outgoing and incoming traffic, a rule to block all protocols etc. for PowerShell.exe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jan Nowak_423, Jul 18, 2021.

1. I create a new rule Windows Defender Firewall for outgoing and incoming traffic, a rule to...

Hello, I create a new rule Windows Defender firewall for outgoing and incoming traffic, a rule to block all protocols etc. for PowerShell.exe application, will something get broken from Microsoft? I have Windows 10 PRO 21H1 x64. Let someone who has done something like this or an eminent theorist answer. Others let them do a test setup and answer after three days, after three weeks and after a month. It is possible to answer after three days and indicate that only three days of the test have passed. Greetings Jan

:)

Jan Nowak_423, Jul 18, 2021
  2. MadagaC Win User

Windows 2012 Server - Creating an exception for a block rule in the firewall

Hy, ya'll!

I have to deploy a rule to block all outbound traffic towards port TCP 80 regardless of the destination IP, so I set up an outbound "block" rule in the Windows Firewall specifically against that port. it was straightforward and works like a charm. However,
    I can't seem to find a way to add one single IP as an exception to this rule.

I tried creating a new rule allowing all traffic to the IP I'm attempting to whitelist but, from what I can gather, the blocking rules in the Windows firewall take precedence over "allow" rules so that explains why it didn't work.

How can I work around this? All I need is to block outgoing traffic to TCP 80 on all but one IP.

Thanks!

MadagaC, Jul 18, 2021
  3. mike1127 Win User
    firewall rule to block addresses NOT on an IP list?

I am just starting to learn the Windows Firewall (working on both Windows 7 and 10) and I'm not impressed with the inflexibility of its rules. I would like to know if

1. Is there is a way to do what I want with Windows Firewall?
    2. Is there is a third-party firewall that would do it?

What I want to do is create a rule that blocks outgoing connections, for program X, that are to a destination **NOT** in an IP list.

Windows Firewall is not very flexible in how you specify IP list rules. When you give an IP list, your rule will match that list... you can't say "trigger the rule for non-matching IP addresses." Therefore to allow outgoing connections to a list, you have to

1. Change the entire firewall policy to block outgoing connections by default so that you can create an "allow rule" matching your list. This will mess up the rest of your programs.

2. Somehow combine a block rule and allow rule. Create a block rule for most traffic, with the "allow" rule overriding it when appropriate. However, this doesn't appear to be possible in general. It **may** be possible for connections that use IPSec, I'm not sure. And I'm not sure if I can use IPSec in my application.

And is there a third-party firewall that can do it? Most 3rd-party firewalls are LESS sophisticated than Windows Firewall, because the use case they are addressing is providing an interface that doesn't require much comprehension. I need one that's actually MORE sophisticated than Windows Firewall.

mike1127, Jul 18, 2021
  4. I create a new rule Windows Defender Firewall for outgoing and incoming traffic, a rule to...

Windows 10 Firewall Incoming Rules

I created an incoming rule set on one of our workstations and then exported the firewall config. I imported and set the config in Group Policy and applied it to a test set of workstation. I set the setting so that admin changes on the machine would not
    merge with the GPO policy. After this was done Microsoft still has a bunch of rules enabled. I have disabled them and then came back to them being enabled again. Are there certain rules that Microsoft requires be enabled on the firewall, or do I really not
    have the control over the firewall that I should?

Tony Plueard, Jul 18, 2021
Thema:

I create a new rule Windows Defender Firewall for outgoing and incoming traffic, a rule to...

1. I create a new rule Windows Defender Firewall for outgoing and incoming traffic, a rule to... - Similar Threads - create rule Defender

2. When are Windows Defender Firewall Rules In Effect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    When are Windows Defender Firewall Rules In Effect: I am logged into the same domain as a SQL Server instance I am trying to connect to using SSMS, there are firewall rules in place inbound on the Windows 10 client to accept 1433/1433 TCP, and the Domain Firewall is off.I just tested this, and it appears the rules are active...
  3. Firewall rules

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall rules: [ATTACH] Does this symbol mean I have blocked outbound traffic for an application? If so why did the app just check for an update and confirm its current version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-rules/870791a0-328a-4d5c-ad0a-be99f93dfdb0
  4. Windows 10 Firewall Incoming Rules

Windows 10 Firewall Incoming Rules: I created an incoming rule set on one of our workstations and then exported the firewall config. I imported and set the config in Group Policy and applied it to a test set of workstation. I set the setting so that admin changes on the machine would not merge with the GPO...
  5. Firewall rule(s) to allow all traffic through the firewall?

Firewall rule(s) to allow all traffic through the firewall?: I'm tired of seeing the message that my firewall is disabled all the time. Is there a simply rule or rules that I can apply to the firewall that will allow all traffic to flow both ways? I have a hardware firewall that keeps the network safe, so the Windows firewall isn't...
  6. Adding a new rule using Windows Defender Firewall

Adding a new rule using Windows Defender Firewall: Hi all. I have an HP All-In-One Desktop running Windows 10 Version 1909, Build 18363.720. I regularly run Windows update and the last update I received, March 12, 2020 is KB4551762 OS Builds 18362.720 and 18363.720. I manage my music through an older Logitech Squeezebox...
  7. Firewall Rules

Firewall Rules: Can you setup exceptions for firewall rules? For example, if I have a port blocked inbound for ALL via GPO, can I create an exception to that rule to allow just certain IP addresses to get through the port being blocked? Win 10 ENT in a domain environment....
  8. Firewall rules

Firewall rules: I accidentally deleted outbound windows firewall rules. Will these reappear? Can this be dangerous? Please help. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/firewall-rules/1f7cbdda-d9e2-435a-96cb-6caef7699b88"
  9. Creating Firewall rules for windows apps

Creating Firewall rules for windows apps: Hey everyone, I am trying to find a solution to this issue I have been having for the last 2 weeks. I recently got a new internet line coming to my remote location and the bandwidth I get on this connection is less than 1mbps. I only got this connection to do some gaming as...
  10. Windows Firewall Rules

Windows Firewall Rules: I was looking at Windows Firewall with Adv Security and noticed 11 individual but seemingly identical entries for Microsoft Solitaire Collection. The default rules were to allow all. First, why 11? And second, why all any at all? Ditto for Stick Notes, Microsoft Phone,...