Windows 10: I created a folder to sort old photos. When I was done, I attempted to delete the folder as...

Discus and support I created a folder to sort old photos. When I was done, I attempted to delete the folder as... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I created a folder on a external drive to sort old photos from. When I was done, I attempted to delete the folder as it's no longer needed. Instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MurAc, Jan 14, 2022.

1. MurAc Win User

I created a folder to sort old photos. When I was done, I attempted to delete the folder as...

I created a folder on a external drive to sort old photos from. When I was done, I attempted to delete the folder as it's no longer needed. Instead of deleting the folder, I get: 'Could not locate this item This is not longer located in C:\. Verify the item's location and try again.' Renaming gives this result: 'If you change the extension there is no extension, the file might become unusable. Are you sure you want to change it?' Selecting 'Yes' results in: 'Could not find this item This is not longer located in C:\. Verify the item's location and try again.' A search finds the folde

:)

MurAc, Jan 14, 2022

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused I created a folder to sort old photos. When I was done, I attempted to delete the folder as... :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well I created a folder to sort old photos. When I was done, I attempted to delete the folder as... :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jan 14, 2022
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Ultimate Boot CD - Overview

I'm gonna attempt deleting the offending folders using this utility CD, wish me luck *Big Grin I created a folder to sort old photos. When I was done, I attempted to delete the folder as... :D

oli_ramsay, Jan 14, 2022
  4. topgundcp Win User

I created a folder to sort old photos. When I was done, I attempted to delete the folder as...

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

1. I created a folder to sort old photos. When I was done, I attempted to delete the folder as... - Similar Threads - created folder sort

2. How can i create a photos folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i create a photos folder?: I like to create a Folder for Photos to down load from my cell phone. I also have encrypted photos which needs to be saved in same folder. Need your technical help to resolve this....
  3. How can i create a photos folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can i create a photos folder?: I like to create a Folder for Photos to down load from my cell phone. I also have encrypted photos which needs to be saved in same folder. Need your technical help to resolve this....
  4. How can i create a photos folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Sort and Delete Duplicate Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sort and Delete Duplicate Folders: Hi there!I have about 3500 folders in one directory which I recently renamed with Bulk Rename Utility ....BUT ... I screwed up and now have duplicates of nearly all 3500 folders folder content have been duplicated too.It now looks something like this ...3423 - JOHNSON KS 3423...
  6. Sort and Delete Duplicate Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sort and Delete Duplicate Folders: Hi there!I have about 3500 folders in one directory which I recently renamed with Bulk Rename Utility ....BUT ... I screwed up and now have duplicates of nearly all 3500 folders folder content have been duplicated too.It now looks something like this ...3423 - JOHNSON KS 3423...
  7. I created a folder to sort old photos. When I was done, I attempted to delete the folder as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I created a folder to sort old photos. When I was done, I attempted to delete the folder as...: I created a folder on a external drive to sort old photos from. When I was done, I attempted to delete the folder as it's no longer needed. Instead of deleting the folder, I get: 'Could not locate this item This is not longer located in C:\. Verify the item's location and try...
  8. Created a folder now I can't delete it?

in Windows 10 Support
    Created a folder now I can't delete it?: I have a brand new computer, I just finished it in the last couple weeks if it makes any difference here's the basic hardware: Asus Prime X570-Pro motherboard, Ryzen 3950X, 32gb Corsair Ram, 2tb Samsung M.2 boot drive with Windows 10 pro, 4tb Samsung Evo data drive I:, 6tb...
  9. How can I sort folders by the time created?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I sort folders by the time created?: I want all subfolders in a certain folder to show in the order they were created, with newest at the top. I used to be able to do this earlier, but it seems some update has messed it up. When fiddling around with "Group by" and "Sort by" options, the best I can get are...
  10. Can't delete folder that I created

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't delete folder that I created: This folder was created in Feb. It's in C: Users/(Me)/Music. I named it Overflow so I could move files into it to keep the main folder looking cleaner. It has no content except for a subfolder called "Photos" (which also has no content). When I look at properties I get...