Windows 10: I created a new library titled "University", but can't seem to add it to the "Folder tab"...

Discus and support I created a new library titled "University", but can't seem to add it to the "Folder tab"... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/HugoPPhoto [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HugoPPhoto, Oct 23, 2020.

1. I created a new library titled "University", but can't seem to add it to the "Folder tab"...

/u/HugoPPhoto, Oct 23, 2020
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Map a network drive folder to my video library

To Include folders using Manage Library Tools, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to.
    • Click on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click on the Manage library button in the ribbon.
    • Click on the Add button
    • Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click on the Include folder button.
    • When finished, click/tap on OK.
    Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Oct 23, 2020
  3. jzehring Win User
    Library folder create new library not working (not available)

See this: Create New Library in Windows 10
    Pictures will help understand my problem.

Create new library 3 methods. Only Method 3 works for me.
    1) Explorer Library Folder: right-click -> New -> (Empty) --- Library is missing, actual text displayed is (Empty)
    2) ... on ribbon : New Item --- no drop down --- does nothing. In a normal folder, it does drop down with list of types to create.

Note: on the left side if you right click on the "Library" - the same (Empty) for option New is displayed (Like Method 1 above)

Any ideas on how to fix this? I assume a registry entry or 2.. is missing or damaged.

Thanks.

jzehring, Oct 23, 2020
  4. I created a new library titled "University", but can't seem to add it to the "Folder tab"...

creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

I created a new library titled "University", but can't seem to add it to the "Folder tab"...

1. I created a new library titled "University", but can't seem to add it to the "Folder tab"... - Similar Threads - created library titled

2. Can't create new folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't create new folders.: Creating new folders isn't working since I tried to change my default folders icon using this tutorial.Now everytime I create a folder I am getting this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-create-new-folders/5d2267e0-43a2-4a61-9f06-81ce4300476a
  3. Can't create new folders.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't create new folders.: Creating new folders isn't working since I tried to change my default folders icon using this tutorial.Now everytime I create a folder I am getting this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-create-new-folders/5d2267e0-43a2-4a61-9f06-81ce4300476a
  4. Can't create new folder

Can't create new folder: When I right click on the desktop or inside a folder the option to create a new folder does not appear, also, when clicking on the "new folder" button on the file explorer or pressing ctrl+shift+n nothing happens. The only way for me to create a new folder at this point is...
  5. I can't create new folder

I can't create new folder: So, as in the title… I can't create a folder. Nothing works with Ctrl+Shift+N, New Folder from the File Manager toolbar, or even Right Click > New Folder because that option isn't even there!. I can, however, create a folder from the Terminal. It seems to me that an update...
  6. Can't add folders into libraries any more.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't add folders into libraries any more.: [ATTACH] I did format and reinstalled window 10 yesterday. And created some libraries for my favorite folders already like always do after reinstalled. Today, I tried to creat extrea libraries but was not abled to add folders. creat "new library" choose "folder" click...
  7. Can't seem to add a new user

Can't seem to add a new user: Hey there! I've started in a new school recently and we got our school account info, that we use for stuff like office 365 and generally getting into the school PCs. So I wanted to add that same user account into my PC, but I can't seem to figure out how. I'm running the...
  8. Can't create new folder

Can't create new folder: [ATTACH] Suddenly noticed that I'm unable to create new folder in windows 10. Even ctrl+shift+n doesn't work or the new folder button in task bar. Also I checked HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers and the correct New folder was there with...
  9. Can't create a new folder

Can't create a new folder: Why is it that, since the latest update, I am no longer able to create a new folder. I am working on an ASUS laptop with plenty of storage & RAM. I bring up 'new' & nothing happens then I am told file explorer is not responding....
  10. Library folder create new library not working (not available)

in Windows 10 Support
    Library folder create new library not working (not available): See this: Create New Library in Windows 10 Pictures will help understand my problem. Create new library 3 methods. Only Method 3 works for me. 1) Explorer Library Folder: right-click -> New -> (Empty) --- Library is missing, actual text displayed is (Empty) 2) ... on...