Windows 10: I created a Scheduled Task to shut down my PC.. Not showing up in Task Scheduler

Discus and support I created a Scheduled Task to shut down my PC.. Not showing up in Task Scheduler in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I ran Task Scheduler as Admin, created a one time task by going to Actions > Start a Program > Typed ion shutdown with -s option. Even a refresh in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zekeRL, Jul 9, 2020.

1. /u/zekeRL Win User

I created a Scheduled Task to shut down my PC.. Not showing up in Task Scheduler

I ran Task Scheduler as Admin, created a one time task by going to Actions > Start a Program > Typed ion shutdown with -s option.

Even a refresh in task scheduler does not show my created task in Active Tasks.

I have checked show hidden, still nothing.

In C:\Windows32\Tasks the folder is empty (Though TS shows 109 tasks)

What am I missing or doing wrong?

submitted by /u/zekeRL
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zekeRL, Jul 9, 2020
  2. Teemosan Win User

Scheduled task is not showing up in Task Scheduler and not running as scheduled - Windows 10

I'm running Windows 10 v. 1607 (OS Build 14393.351) on a desktop computer

I created a task in Task Scheduler, and it allowed me to create the task, which was to run a program. . I set it to run 'At startup' delayed 1 minute. I set it to 'Run with highest privileges' Configured for Windows 10. I set it to allow running on demand.
    When I rebooted my computer the program didn't start.

When I went back to Task Scheduler and looked in the Task Scheduler Library the entry wasn't there. I refreshed the list and it still didn't show. I moved back up to the main Task Scheduler directory and the summary of current tasks (79 items). The task
    didn't show up there either. I refreshed both lists and it still didn't show.

I thought maybe it hadn't been created so I tried to create it again. When I got to the end of creating it I got the error message:

"An error has occurred for task Launch 'Program Name'. Error message: A task or folder with this name already exists"

So it says it exists, but as mentioned it doesn't run at startup, and doesn't show on the list. I can still run the program on demand no problem.

I tried creating it again, both as a full Task and a Basic Task. Each time I get the error message:

"An error has occurred for task Launch 'Program Name'. Error message: A task or folder with this name already exists"

How can I find where the program task is in Task Scheduler and why isn't it showing up?

Teemosan, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan, Jul 9, 2020
  4. I created a Scheduled Task to shut down my PC.. Not showing up in Task Scheduler

Task Scheduler with error message The selected task »CreateChoiceProcessTask« no longer exists

The Steps which resolve this problem on my computer :

• Type Task Scheduler on Search bar.
    • Open Task Scheduler
    • Navigate in the Task Scheduler Library (Nothing else !!!)
    And the message deseapear and I can create a task !!!

PhilippeCORMIER, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

I created a Scheduled Task to shut down my PC.. Not showing up in Task Scheduler

1. I created a Scheduled Task to shut down my PC.. Not showing up in Task Scheduler - Similar Threads - created Scheduled Task

2. Unable to create a task in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Unable to create a task in Task Scheduler: I am unable to create a task in Task Scheduler. A few day ago I Reset Win 10. I find that a task (Create System Restore Point) is not working. I deleted it and tried to create a new task. It let me fill all 'the blanks' until I get to the end when a box appears and asks me to...
  3. Unable to create a task in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to create a task in Task Scheduler: I am unable to create a task in Task Scheduler. A few day ago I Reset Win 10. I find that a task (Create System Restore Point) is not working. I deleted it and tried to create a new task. It let me fill all 'the blanks' until I get to the end when a box appears and asks me to...
  4. Create a scheduled task with PowerShell

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create a scheduled task with PowerShell: Hello Microsoft team, I would like to create a scheduled task to restart PC on a daily basis. This would be run on a multiple devices running Windows 10. I think it's pretty handy to have it as a script via PowerShell ISE so I don't have to always create a tasks in all...
  5. Create task in task scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create task in task scheduler: Dear all, I need your assistant to run the following two tasks: - Shutdown the PC - Reboot the PC Is there a difference if the PC joined to the domain or not? Thank you in advacne...
  6. Problem with auto shutting down by Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problem with auto shutting down by Task Scheduler: Hi. I tried using the task scheduler to shut my laptop off in 12 AM because I fall asleep using it and cannot shut it manually. I read the instructions to set up the shut down and followed all the steps (Start Shutdown.exe; and even add the argument -s) but the laptop will...
  7. Should File History Schedule show up in Task Scheduler?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Should File History Schedule show up in Task Scheduler?: I've had issues with File History ever since upgrading to the Anniversary windows 10 Pro. I can manually Run File History. It also saves a few times a day, even though I have it set for the default 1 hour. Should there be an entry of some kind in Task Scheduler...
  8. Can't create task in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't create task in Task Scheduler: Whenever I try to create a task in Task Scheduler, an error pops up. [img] I press OK, and this pops up: [img] Here is the transcript: "Unhandled Exception in Managed Code Snap-in FX:{c7b8fb06-bfe1-4c2e-9217-7a69a95bbac4} The system cannot find the...
  9. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler: I have created a task that will run once every night 01:00 on my Windows machine. It worked OK before upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Now it doesn't. When I try to run it manually from Task Scheduler following error occurs: Task Scheduler service is not available. Task...
  10. Scheduled Task not waking up PC.

in Windows 10 Support
    Scheduled Task not waking up PC.: Hello, I have made a scheduled task with the option to wake up the pc from sleep state to run a program. When I tick the option Wake the computer to run this task the computer won't wake up at the given time. I have red in a forum of MS that this was a problem in the...