Windows 10: I created a "test" account which is incredibly slow-how come?

Discus and support I created a "test" account which is incredibly slow-how come? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I needed to test out an issue, and the advice, on this forum, was "create test account." So I did, but without an email address. I had this folder with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by x509, Jan 4, 2020.

1. x509 Win User

I created a "test" account which is incredibly slow-how come?

I needed to test out an issue, and the advice, on this forum, was "create test account." So I did, but without an email address. I had this folder with only four files in it, but it took about 3 minutes and counting for the green progress bar to finish the scan. End the end I just gave up and closed the window.

When I minimized a window, all the desktop icons had this weird "blank" look. I had to right-click Refresh to get the icons back to their normal appearance.

What didn't I do?

:)

x509, Jan 4, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Steve_809 Win User
    Unknown User Account created after upgrading to windows 10. It comes back if I delete it.

Original Title: Unknown User Account

Hello,

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 I am seeing an account that I did NOT create. So I deleted it by going into Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > User Accounts > Manage Accounts then I click on the unknown user account and delete it. That said.... It
    comes back. I have also followed the below suggestions from other posts and still does not seem to work.

Let’s try simple steps and check if the user account is detecting and try removing it.

• Press Windows key + R, type netplwiz and press Enter.

• Check if the user account is appearing on the list.

• Click on user account and click on Remove. (If user account appear on the list).
    Please advise.

Thank you

Steve_809, Jan 4, 2020
  4. I created a "test" account which is incredibly slow-how come?

I cannot create folders for my gmail accounts in Outlook

We appreciate your response. To further troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you create a Test User Profile. Using the Test User Profile, check if you will have the same issue with Windows 10 Mail app. This is for us to test if the issue is isolated
    with one User Profile or with multiple accounts.

To create a Test User Profile, follow these steps:

• Using Search, type Settings then hit the Enter key.
    • In Settings window, select Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select Add someone else to this PC.
    • Name the User Profile as TEST.
    • Assign a password for TEST user, then select Next.
    • Sign in TEST user.

Update us about the results.

Darleen Pen, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

I created a "test" account which is incredibly slow-how come?

1. I created a "test" account which is incredibly slow-how come? - Similar Threads - created test account

2. Incredibly slow PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incredibly slow PC: A couple of weeks ago my PC wasnt able to start due to a problem during booting. I couldnt fix it so instead I decided to do a clean install of windows on my second SSD. I didnt really format that one I just installed windows onto it via stick and troubleshoot. I then...
  3. Incredibly slow PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incredibly slow PC: A couple of weeks ago my PC wasnt able to start due to a problem during booting. I couldnt fix it so instead I decided to do a clean install of windows on my second SSD. I didnt really format that one I just installed windows onto it via stick and troubleshoot. I then...
  4. Incredibly slow PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Download Speed incredibly Slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download Speed incredibly Slow: Windows Version 2004 My download speed on my pc is incredibly slow for every application, capping out at around 600 kilobytes per second. All of my browsers (Opera GX, Brave, Chrome) and Steam have incredibly slow download speed for no explicable reason. Task Manager reports...
  6. Suddenly gone incredibly slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Suddenly gone incredibly slow: Win 10 x64 pro Overnight win10 has become impossibly slow (up to 10 seconds to load a program and often longer). No new programs installed, no viruses and sfc /scannow won't run even in safe mode, which was equally slow. Spent 48 hours trying to deal with this without a...
  7. PC incredibly slow.

PC incredibly slow.: Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.836) It takes quite a while to boot. I keep most of my files on an external hard drive. Opening a folder and displaying the contents takes ages. What can I do to speed things up (a lot) ? Would it help to keep copies on the external drive...
  8. Computer running incredibly slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer running incredibly slow: Hey everyone! My brother lives in a different state and isn’t good when it comes to computers. I know enough to get by. His computer is extremely slow and it sometimes takes 1-3 minutes for webpages to load. There’s no issue with the internet because the WiFi works great on...
  9. Store incredible slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store incredible slow: I have the following issue, that the download of apps/updates in the Windows Store gets stuck at 0% for about 5-10 minutes, then suddenly starts, sometimes slow sometimes fast, and then it goes to the next download and it again gets stuck for about 10 minutes. This happens on...
  10. PC Running Incredibly Slow

PC Running Incredibly Slow: After upgrading to Windows 10, it's just been problem after problem... Everything on my computer is running incredibly slow. GTA 5, Flight Simulator X, all running slower than ever. Even the operating system, simply writing something, is slow. And I have a strong laptop....