Windows 10: I created a Windows Firewall rule and now I cannot delete it

Discus and support I created a Windows Firewall rule and now I cannot delete it in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Following a guide, I created a windows firewall outbound rule in order to block an IP and improve the lobby times from a game. It did not work, and now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 0bsSin, Oct 31, 2018.

1. 0bsSin Win User

I created a Windows Firewall rule and now I cannot delete it

Following a guide, I created a windows firewall outbound rule in order to block an IP and improve the lobby times from a game. It did not work, and now the game works even worse than before.

Now I am trying to the delete the rule, but the delete option is missing. It is an outbound rule that appears in the "'monitoring>firewall" section of the Windows Firewall with Advance Security.

Please help me to delete the rule.

I created a Windows Firewall rule and now I cannot delete it 0a3b709b-da13-4623-bda2-482176a43dfc?upload=true.png

:)

0bsSin, Oct 31, 2018
  2. TwuTu Win User

Windows Firewall: Doesn't show blocking rules

Hello!

Today I've blocked all connections of a program by creating a outbound rule in Windows Firewall. However, I now wish to remove it. The problem: I can't find that newly created rule anywhere in the list. The rule does take an effect, since deactivating the
    Firewall lets the program run properly. I can only see rules in the list that "allow" stuff, but not those who block things.

What I have tried so far:

- All filters set to "Show all" within the Firewall

- Created the same rule again, doesn't show up

- Created a rule that allows the program, shows up

Any solutions?

TwuTu, Oct 31, 2018
  3. How to see when Windows firewall rules were created

The only seemingly relevant discussion which I have found with regard to the subject is the following

Is there anyway to see when a Windows firewall rule was created/enabled using PowerShell v2 or CMD?

However the discussion seems a little outdated. I can manage the Powershell, but before executing the code would like to ask MS experts to verify it. I dont need to see the firewall rules created in 2004. What I want is the list of firewall rules (both inbound
    and outbound) ordered by date and time of creation.

Jimmy Bionic, Oct 31, 2018
  4. I created a Windows Firewall rule and now I cannot delete it

Windows 10 Firewall won't keep my inbound/outbound rules

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding the Windows Firewall. I will certainly assist you.

I suggest you to restart the Windows firewall service and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps for the same.

• Press Windows key + R simultaneously for Run.
    • Type services.msc and then Enter.
    • Right click on the Windows firewall services and then restart the services and check if it helps.
    If the issue still persists then I suggest you to remove and then read the Windows fire wall rule.

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

I created a Windows Firewall rule and now I cannot delete it

1. I created a Windows Firewall rule and now I cannot delete it - Similar Threads - created Firewall rule

2. Windows firewall repeatedly re-creating rules I delete, mere minutes after I delete them.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows firewall repeatedly re-creating rules I delete, mere minutes after I delete them.: Hi, thanks in advance for your time; anyone reading this. I am running Windows 10 64-bit addition, version 22H2, build 19045.2604, feature pack 120.2212.419 0.0 installed on February 24th 2023 and have all the windows updates and everything done after a fresh install. I then...
  3. Windows firewall repeatedly re-creating rules I delete, mere minutes after I delete them.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows firewall repeatedly re-creating rules I delete, mere minutes after I delete them.: Hi, thanks in advance for your time; anyone reading this. I am running Windows 10 64-bit addition, version 22H2, build 19045.2604, feature pack 120.2212.419 0.0 installed on February 24th 2023 and have all the windows updates and everything done after a fresh install. I then...
  4. Windows firewall repeatedly re-creating rules I delete, mere minutes after I delete them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I create a new rule Windows Defender Firewall for outgoing and incoming traffic, a rule to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I create a new rule Windows Defender Firewall for outgoing and incoming traffic, a rule to...: Hello, I create a new rule Windows Defender firewall for outgoing and incoming traffic, a rule to block all protocols etc. for PowerShell.exe application, will something get broken from Microsoft? I have Windows 10 PRO 21H1 x64. Let someone who has done something like this or...
  6. Firewall rules

Firewall rules: [ATTACH] Does this symbol mean I have blocked outbound traffic for an application? If so why did the app just check for an update and confirm its current version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-rules/870791a0-328a-4d5c-ad0a-be99f93dfdb0
  7. Firewall Rules

Firewall Rules: Can you setup exceptions for firewall rules? For example, if I have a port blocked inbound for ALL via GPO, can I create an exception to that rule to allow just certain IP addresses to get through the port being blocked? Win 10 ENT in a domain environment....
  8. Netsh firewall command to create forwarder rule.

Netsh firewall command to create forwarder rule.: I have created forwarder rule in windows to route the traffic coming from any user to loopback address 127.0.0.1 and forward it to another IP address. example: netsh interface portproxy add v4tov4 listenaddress=127.0.0.1 listenport=9000 connectaddress=127.0.0.8...
  9. Firewall rules

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall rules: I accidentally deleted outbound windows firewall rules. Will these reappear? Can this be dangerous? Please help. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/firewall-rules/1f7cbdda-d9e2-435a-96cb-6caef7699b88"
  10. Creating Firewall rules for windows apps

Creating Firewall rules for windows apps: Hey everyone, I am trying to find a solution to this issue I have been having for the last 2 weeks. I recently got a new internet line coming to my remote location and the bandwidth I get on this connection is less than 1mbps. I only got this connection to do some gaming as...