Windows 10: I deleted a file, now my whole laptop is useless.

Discus and support I deleted a file, now my whole laptop is useless. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So, I have a ASUS computer running windows 10. I was deleting some files to free up space and I can across a file called 'user', didnt think too much... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by juangiemel, Jun 12, 2019.

1. I deleted a file, now my whole laptop is useless.

So, I have a ASUS computer running windows 10. I was deleting some files to free up space and I can across a file called 'user', didnt think too much so I decided to delete it. After I deleted it, every, and when I say every, I mean EVERY single program of my computer was gone

Everything doesn't respond and work. Even apps owned by Microsoft; 'Microsoft edge', 'file explorer', I can't even access the recycle bin icon thing. Even the wifi icon doesnt respond the windows logo on the bottom left that brings you to the start panel thing doesn't respond so I cant even turn off my computer. Not a single thing responds and every program is gone. I need help, I dont have a system restore point backup thing so I think my laptop may be useless now but I just need help.

:)

juangiemel, Jun 12, 2019
  2. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Jun 12, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jun 12, 2019
  4. n-ster Win User

I deleted a file, now my whole laptop is useless.

n-ster, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

I deleted a file, now my whole laptop is useless.

1. I deleted a file, now my whole laptop is useless. - Similar Threads - deleted file whole

2. Taskbar is now useless

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar is now useless: My taskbar is not working. It got white and not clickable at all. Even on the system tray all icons are not working as well. I dont know what happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-is-now-useless/57a53e51-a3d0-4b1e-9cbd-57cf7f6ca7ab
  3. Taskbar is now useless

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar is now useless: My taskbar is not working. It got white and not clickable at all. Even on the system tray all icons are not working as well. I dont know what happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-is-now-useless/57a53e51-a3d0-4b1e-9cbd-57cf7f6ca7ab
  4. Taskbar is now useless

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My whole laptop is now a potato

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My whole laptop is now a potato: So when I had it a week ago it was running pretty good as usall then after a blue screen of death it became a potato after reinstalling windows 10 My laptop is a dell latitude e6320 8gb ram i5 2520m with intel hd 3000 submitted by /u/memeskid123 [link] [comments]...
  6. Deleting ‘Useless’ Fonts

Deleting ‘Useless’ Fonts: I have downloaded some cool fonts recently, but I have wanted to get rid of some bland, useless ones. These are foregin langague fonts i.e. Microsoft JhengHei, MingLiu, Microsoft Himalaya, etc. that look very basic when they do not use the langague they were created for. I...
  7. MY LAPTOP IS NOW USELESS AFTER UPDATE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MY LAPTOP IS NOW USELESS AFTER UPDATE: My laptop updated and today when I turned it on there is no Edge logo down the side and the task bar has gone. I cannot do anything with it. But I can log on to and watch Sky Go so I know there is nothing wrong with the laptop itself. The update has killed my laptop....
  8. New Update deleted my whole windows and all files ,it made my whole screen black

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Update deleted my whole windows and all files ,it made my whole screen black: As i told you that new update deleted my whole windows and made the screen black I cant do anything in it I bought it at very high cost ,I can do nothing in it ,not even do refresh it...
  9. Not able to delete useless files from windowsapp folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to delete useless files from windowsapp folder: Hey, I was just cleaning up my C: drive when I came across the windowsapps folder (i am using TreeSize) it showed that the windowsapps folder nearly took 12 gb of my C drive and the biggest file is some random game called dungeon hunter (1.86 gb) i have never played this...
  10. Deleting useless apps

Deleting useless apps: My laptop gets slower with each update. I think if I could delete all the extra apps that come along with the updates, like the xbox app, then my laptop might function faster than a brick. When I click the uninstall button on these useless apps, nothing happens. Does anyone...