Windows 10: I deleted CTF Loader ctfmon.exe

Discus and support I deleted CTF Loader ctfmon.exe in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So i noticed i was having problems with my computer.. some keys would not register until i pressed at least three or four times. Namely the N and " . "... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by OtherWay1982, Dec 20, 2017.

1. I deleted CTF Loader ctfmon.exe

So i noticed i was having problems with my computer.. some keys would not register until i pressed at least three or four times. Namely the N and " . " keys ..

Seems to be working okay now. But during my quest to fix that, i deleted something called CTF Loader i think its called ..

It was in the task manager, and it stood out as something i didnt notice before, figured it was a virus, and deleted it . In frustration, i called up a app i often use called " Everything " typed in CTF Loader, or anything related to that file, and just managed to delete everything .. It wasnt even related to my problem i think.

Now the problem i think resulted from that, is i cant type into the SEARCH BAR for Cortana Win 10 .

What actually solved at least the problem with the N key, was i changed something in the registry having to do with Number lock, which is repurposed to the N key on this particular keyboard i use called
    " Matias Mini Quiet Pro Keyboard ". It was causing some conflict .

I also recently deleted some device drivers, trying to fix the "." key, and other things . So the " . " still takes time to register. I've exhausted all the menu options i have access for normal users .

How do i fix this ; so that i can type into Search in Win 10 again ? Reinstalling windows 10 is not possible at this time. I have accumulated a lot of files for my design work .So much that i need to buy a extra hard drive to store that before i can re install windows 10 ?

Any advice about the keyboard issue is welcome too, because that is still a problem sometimes, it resurfaces then goes away .

:)

OtherWay1982, Dec 20, 2017
  2. José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Dec 20, 2017
  3. ctfmon.exe (CTF loader) crashes every 3 second.

I've had this problem again and again after the FCU. I re-installed Windows 10 either by update or from ISO multiple times. I un-installed all languages other than English(US). None could solve this issue.

Every time I re-install my OS the problem goes away for a while. I was able to use my PC normally for a few days until this morning. The problem appeared again just now.

Even though Microsoft claimed this bug was fixed in build 16232, it is NOT. This bug is never truly fixed. It appeared from time to time in each build since 16226 and every time it shows up the only "fix" is to re-install windows until it shows up next time.

This bug does not show on every PC, I have 3 PC and this bug shows on 2.

Please just release a program to undo the FCU, the fall creators update is complete trash with numerous bugs (I also can no longer install Cuda toolkit after FCU).

Albertzhang017, Dec 20, 2017
  4. I deleted CTF Loader ctfmon.exe

How do I fix the Windows 10 Cortana Search so i can type into it again ? Currently, when I try to type , nothing happens .

OtherWay1982, Dec 20, 2017
  5. lx07 Win User
  6. OtherWay1982, Dec 20, 2017
  7. reddice Win User
    Repair installation works for fixing bugs like this. Next time you mess around with the system you should use Macrium Reflect Free and do a image backup. If you mess up you can restore the system exact like it was when you created.

reddice, Dec 20, 2017
  8. I deleted CTF Loader ctfmon.exe

Just SFC scan should do to restore that file, which is required in order to type into MS apps.

Code: schtasks /Change /TN "Microsoft\Windows\TextServicesFramework\MsCtfMonitor" /Enable schtasks /Run /TN "Microsoft\Windows\TextServicesFramework\MsCtfMonitor"[/quote] Run SFC Command in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

TairikuOkami, Dec 21, 2017
  9. reddice Win User
    Run SFC Command in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials [/quote] If it will work. SFC /scannow is mostly useless.

reddice, Dec 21, 2017
  10. No it is not, it works well for me.

Josey Wales, Dec 21, 2017
  11. Well , this is still problem.. Any way i can get a copy of the files i need ?? Maybe i can just copy paste them back

OtherWay1982, Dec 22, 2017
  12. I now notice i cannot copy paste into Calculator. The Skype win ten app wont allow me to type into it either Grief.

I cant use Microsoft Edge either cant type into it .

OtherWay1982, Dec 22, 2017
  13. reddice Win User

I deleted CTF Loader ctfmon.exe

Let me guess the useless sfc /scannow said "Windows resource Protection did not find any integrity violations".

If you do a repair install it will bring back ctfmon.exe and then you can really disable it without deleting it using Ultimate Windows Tweaker look under performance, disable tablet service then reboot.

reddice, Dec 22, 2017
  14. lx07 Win User
    Or you can copy them manually from the ISO. You would then have to correct the authorities but you could I suppose. If you want to, check the authorities, copy them and then change the authorities back.

DSIM does this automatically if you specify the source.

As repair install takes 20 minutes and DSIM roughly the same (sometimes a bit longer) I'd not bother trying to do it manually but if you want to, go ahead *Smile

15. lx07 how you do it manually ?

OtherWay1982, Jan 3, 2018
Thema:

I deleted CTF Loader ctfmon.exe

1. I deleted CTF Loader ctfmon.exe - Similar Threads - deleted CTF Loader

2. How do I fix ctfmon exe - Bad Image?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I fix ctfmon exe - Bad Image?: I just opened my laptop and this thing pop out and it says ctfmon.exe - Bad ImageC:\Windows\system32\InputService.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your...
  3. CTF Loader high ram use question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CTF Loader high ram use question: I use a tablet for input inplace of a mouse, does trhis mean I am stuck with a constantly high ram using CTF Loader when I dont evne have MS Office installed on the machine to begin with ? Or is it because of my tablet ?I simply want to know if there is a memory patch for the...
  4. CTF Loader high ram use question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CTF Loader high ram use question: I use a tablet for input inplace of a mouse, does trhis mean I am stuck with a constantly high ram using CTF Loader when I dont evne have MS Office installed on the machine to begin with ? Or is it because of my tablet ?I simply want to know if there is a memory patch for the...
  5. How to startup ctf loader automatically?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to startup ctf loader automatically?: I want to start up the ctf loader service automatically. How can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-startup-ctf-loader-automatically/cc6a9e26-9c8a-4610-ae72-0d7ff53cde48
  6. CTF Loader using my location?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CTF Loader using my location?: Hi all,Last night I did the newest windows feature update, March 2021 and along with it came some other updates for my computer, all done through the control panel.Today I was just browsing youtube when I noticed a little icon in my taskbar saying my location was being used....
  7. CTF Loader error – CTF Loader has stopped working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    CTF Loader error – CTF Loader has stopped working on Windows 10: CTFMon.exe or Collaborative Transition Framework Loader is a process in Windows 10 used for various text-related features such as Microsoft Language Bar, Handwriting and speech recognition, etc. However, you may experience a CTF Loader error: CTF Loader has stopped working on...
  8. CTF Loader using capacity, Freezes AutoCad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CTF Loader using capacity, Freezes AutoCad: I draw a lot with AutoCad. Recently AutoCad has been freezing up,then slowly recovering. Looking at the Task Manager, I could see that the "CTF Loader" was using a lot of capacity. When I ended the process, things went back to normal. Yesterday I drew all day, and this...
  9. CTF Loader using location? Can I stop this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CTF Loader using location? Can I stop this?: I really don't like anything using my location data and I've noticed that CTF Loader has been after I've been using a digital art tablet (Huion). Can I stop it from using my location? Doesn't seem to be a clear option for it. Or can I disable it altogether? Don't know what...
  10. How to fix CTF Loader error?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to fix CTF Loader error?: You might have heard or seen the process called CTF loader or ctfmon.exe that runs in the task manager and you might have thought of it to be an error or virus. You don’t need to worry, because, it is not a virus and but it can cause some errors like, it can slow down the...
Tags: