Windows 10: I deleted D drive in order to extend c drive but c drive will not extend

Discus and support I deleted D drive in order to extend c drive but c drive will not extend in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I have 237gb of storage on my C drive and it is nearly full, my D drive has 931gb of storage and is completely empty. in an attempt to solve this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Keegman, May 12, 2020.

1. Keegman Win User

I deleted D drive in order to extend c drive but c drive will not extend

So I have 237gb of storage on my C drive and it is nearly full, my D drive has 931gb of storage and is completely empty. in an attempt to solve this problem I went online looking at different forums and articles and many recommended that I delete D drive so i can extend C drive, but it will not give me the option after deleting it.

:)

Keegman, May 12, 2020
  2. Micheal3 Win User

Unable to extend C drive

So recently I've been trying to extend my c drive seeing as it was getting to be full and the D drive had plenty of room. After doing some research I figured out that I simply need to delete the D drive to free up the space and then use the extend C drive
    option to add space. However, even after I deleted the D drive the extend option is still gray and will not allow me to extend the drive. I can make a new D drive and reclaim the space but I am unable to extend the C drive at this time. I'm not too keen on
    downloading a third party program to basically force my computer to finally extend the drive so I'm trying to figure out what could be going wrong.

Micheal3, May 12, 2020
  3. Rj_MS Win User
    Windows 7 Drive C extend partition

Hi,

I have a problem extending my drive c partition, here's the scenario:

Basically, I have 2 partition, the drive C and drive D. Since I am no longer using the drive D i want to delete the partition and add it to drive C.

Heres what I've done,

I navigate to disk partition manager and delete the Drive D partition after that i right click the Drive C partition to extend its storage but the extend button is disabled.

Next, I use my bootable windows 7 installer and choose the advance method installation, there, i was able to extend the partition, but, i want to know if extending the Drive partition will remove my drive c data ? I dont want that to happen. . I want just
    to extend its storage thats it. So that i can be only using Drive C.

Thanks. .

Rj_MS, May 12, 2020
  4. I deleted D drive in order to extend c drive but c drive will not extend

extending c drive

hi. my c drive is full.i have loads of space on my e drive.the e drive appears below c drive in disk management and therefore the extend volume tab is greyed out.can anybody please help me to extend my c drive .i downloaded minitool partition wizard but
    when I click on extend c drive,it only gives me the option to take a few hundred mb from recoverythanks

stevechase1, May 12, 2020
Thema:

I deleted D drive in order to extend c drive but c drive will not extend

1. I deleted D drive in order to extend c drive but c drive will not extend - Similar Threads - deleted drive order

2. To extend C Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    To extend C Drive: I have installed WIN10 on laptop few days ago. And make NVME SSD partitions of 30 gb and 140 gb. Now want to extend C partion but while checking it in disk management I found 140 gb free partion before C drive. How can I extend C drive without reformation the disk?Please...
  3. To extend C Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    To extend C Drive: I have installed WIN10 on laptop few days ago. And make NVME SSD partitions of 30 gb and 140 gb. Now want to extend C partion but while checking it in disk management I found 140 gb free partion before C drive. How can I extend C drive without reformation the disk?Please...
  4. To extend C Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Extend C Drive

Extend C Drive: Hello! voiam sa extend volumul C .. But the unalocated space need to be in the right of the C drive .. But how ?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extend-c-drive/390951b4-f536-4f63-bf35-2dd0082b99a0
  6. Extending C: Drive

Extending C: Drive: So I was trying to extend my C: drive then this happened...[ATTACH] is there any way I can move them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extending-c-drive/c69cad14-828d-4c3d-9ad0-0b39f94716dd
  7. Extending C Drive

Extending C Drive: Hello, I'm seeking help to extend my C Drive. Hopefully the image below helps a bit. Usually I'm aware you can just right click the partition of the drive and the Extend drive button works but it seems like my computer has entered sicko mode and wont allow me to extend the...
  8. Extend C drive

Extend C drive: My C drive is nearly filled. I've copied all the data from D drive to H drive and want to deleteunallocate the D drive but it's grayed. And one more thing D drive can't be formatted because all the recycle bin folders are connected to the D drive and after deleting the...
  9. extending c drive

extending c drive: not able to extend c drive due to windows re tools on the left of c drive partition. Is there a way to move windows re tools partition to some other location??????? plz help...
  10. Extend c drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Extend c drive: My c drive is full .then how to extend c drive please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/extend-c-drive/ae3dbaba-8d06-4d4c-a432-8bbee2a7c2f2