Windows 10: I deleted Desktop from OneDrive in my browser, need help

Discus and support I deleted Desktop from OneDrive in my browser, need help in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I accidentally deleted my Desktop from OneDrive in my browser and now I cannot see my desktop in file explorer. I can still see the shortcuts on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by djnoc1, Jan 2, 2020.

1. djnoc1 Win User

I deleted Desktop from OneDrive in my browser, need help

I accidentally deleted my Desktop from OneDrive in my browser and now I cannot see my desktop in file explorer. I can still see the shortcuts on my desktop but not in my desktop folder under my user profile folder. I also deleted my documents, do I need to reinstall Windows 10? My PC does not show up in my browser when viewing my OneDrive account as well. I just started installing my OS and apps so I do not have a restore point that goes to before this happened. Please help.

:)

djnoc1, Jan 2, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 2, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jan 2, 2020
  4. I deleted Desktop from OneDrive in my browser, need help

How can i restore my accidental deletion of about 1/2 of my desktop icons

Hi,

Since your desktop icons are not in the Recycle Bin, we suggest that you create a new shortcut for your preferred applications. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop > New > Shortcut.
    • Enter the path of the application you want to create an icon or select Browse... > click OK > Next > Finish.
    Note: If the deleted icons on your desktops are not shortcuts, but are saved files, it may be possible to retrieve them if they are saved in OneDrive.

Let us know if you have other inquiries.

Regile Reb, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

I deleted Desktop from OneDrive in my browser, need help

1. I deleted Desktop from OneDrive in my browser, need help - Similar Threads - deleted Desktop OneDrive

2. Onedrive deleted my desktop kind of?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive deleted my desktop kind of?: Onedrive deleted my whole desktop somehowI am pretty annoyed with onedrive for a while now. Synchronizing my desktop folder with onedrive has led to problems in the past. So now I decided to deactivate synchronization for my desktop, next thing I know, all the folders on my...
  3. Onedrive deleted my desktop kind of?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive deleted my desktop kind of?: Onedrive deleted my whole desktop somehowI am pretty annoyed with onedrive for a while now. Synchronizing my desktop folder with onedrive has led to problems in the past. So now I decided to deactivate synchronization for my desktop, next thing I know, all the folders on my...
  4. Onedrive deleted my desktop kind of?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I need help deleting bitdefender from my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help deleting bitdefender from my computer: I need help deleting bitdefender off my device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-deleting-bitdefender-from-my-computer/27a67580-c907-4d73-a674-c1ea79f02a3d
  6. I need help deleting bitdefender from my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help deleting bitdefender from my computer: I need help deleting bitdefender off my device. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-deleting-bitdefender-from-my-computer/27a67580-c907-4d73-a674-c1ea79f02a3d
  7. I need help deleting bitdefender from my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. I need help with my browser.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need help with my browser.: In google chrome when ever I try and search something it takes me to here https://www.trovi.com/Violation.html. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-with-my-browser/aeca1ff1-b947-4cda-9041-d2287da0df8a
  9. OneDrive can I delete desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive can I delete desktop: I have two W10 laptops both version 1909 and I use OneDrive. Is there a way to de-synch my desktop. In other words, there are files I want on one desktop, but not on the other. Note: right-clicking the file and choosing to keep on this device does not do the trick. If I...
  10. I need help with my desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need help with my desktop.: Ok, I am going to need help fixing my desktop from Microsoft. Please help me. I am a YouTuber who recently got a display or component upgrade thanks to the Windows Insider Programme. My XSplit Broadcaster didn't work, so I uninstalled it and I got Aposoft Recorder....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unsync onedrive desktop deleted all files help

2. one drive just deleted my desktop

3. i accidentally deleted my microsoft one drive frommy computer