Windows 10: I deleted files in my OneDrive folder on my PC and want to recover them.

Discus and support I deleted files in my OneDrive folder on my PC and want to recover them. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I deleted files in my OneDrive folder on my PC, thinking they would only delete from this folder and not their original file location. I understand... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KateBond, Jun 10, 2020.

1. KateBond Win User

I deleted files in my OneDrive folder on my PC and want to recover them.

I deleted files in my OneDrive folder on my PC, thinking they would only delete from this folder and not their original file location.

I understand now that this deleted all versions of the files.

The files cannot be found in my recycle bin on my PC or my online OneDrive.

I subscribed to Microsoft 365 to restore my OneDrive files to a previous time, but this did not recover the files.

I'm very scared as this was a year's worth of degree work.

Thanks

:)

KateBond, Jun 10, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused I deleted files in my OneDrive folder on my PC and want to recover them. :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well I deleted files in my OneDrive folder on my PC and want to recover them. :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jun 10, 2020
  3. Recover Deleted Files from OneDrive

Hi

Does OneDrive have a recycle bin? I'm using Windows 10 on my laptop and can't find one.

If you accidentally delete a file or folder on OneDrive, is there any way to recover?

Alan

AlanFromAscotVale, Jun 10, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Error while deleting file/folders

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply with the following details to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps:

• Which files/folders are you trying to delete?
    • What is the exact error message you receive?
    • Are you trying to delete the files from OneDrive or your computer?

If you are facing issues in deleting files from OneDrive, you can refer the steps mentioned in the article

Delete files or folders in OneDrive

You can also get in touch with the OneDrive support team they will look into this for you and help you accordingly. Follow the below steps to contact the OneDrive support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

1. I deleted files in my OneDrive folder on my PC and want to recover them. - Similar Threads - deleted files OneDrive

2. Move all my files from onedrive to my personal PC and delete them from OneDrive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move all my files from onedrive to my personal PC and delete them from OneDrive.: I want to move everything from OneDrive to my LOCAL PC and delete ONeDrive. Please help with this. I want to copy and paste from my onedrive to my local "Home" desktop folder.I unlinked my onedrive after I stopped all the files from syncing in the system folder. Now all of my...
  3. Move all my files from onedrive to my personal PC and delete them from OneDrive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move all my files from onedrive to my personal PC and delete them from OneDrive.: I want to move everything from OneDrive to my LOCAL PC and delete ONeDrive. Please help with this. I want to copy and paste from my onedrive to my local "Home" desktop folder.I unlinked my onedrive after I stopped all the files from syncing in the system folder. Now all of my...
  4. My main folders are in my OneDrive, and I want them locally.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My main folders are in my OneDrive, and I want them locally.: I've been having issues with OneDrive and my folders. it seems my documents folder is inside my one drive. I can't really move it back to my This PC section, and it's been making copies while it was syncing. It's also lead to a lot of GB space on my C to be taken up. I fear...
  5. My main folders are in my OneDrive, and I want them locally.

My main folders are in my OneDrive, and I want them locally.: I've been having issues with OneDrive and my folders. it seems my documents folder is inside my one drive. I can't really move it back to my This PC section, and it's been making copies while it was syncing. It's also lead to a lot of GB space on my C to be taken up. I fear...
  6. Want to recover my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Want to recover my pc: I am stucked in automatic recover mode when ever I try to use advanced troubleshooting option it asks me to login to my outlook account whoes password I dont remember , so I recoverd my password by using my phone when ever I use my new password it gives error password...
  7. Want to recover my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to recover my pc: I am stucked in automatic recover mode when ever I try to use advanced troubleshooting option it asks me to login to my outlook account whoes password I dont remember , so I recoverd my password by using my phone when ever I use my new password it gives error password...
  8. Want to recover my pc

9. I want to recover deleted files.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to recover deleted files.: i did not backup nor made any restore point https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-recover-deleted-files/89f407d7-4559-4975-ad58-f7b9e7945c04
  10. Cannot delete files in OneDrive folders on my PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete files in OneDrive folders on my PC: I'm suddenly finding I can no longer delete any files in the OneDrive folders on my PC, even if OneDrive is no longer running. I've also tried deleting the files with the PC running in safe mode, but they still won't delete. Nothing whatsoever happens when I click on...