Windows 10: I deleted large files in my D Drive using shift+delete the files disappeared but the drive...

Discus and support I deleted large files in my D Drive using shift+delete the files disappeared but the drive... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In the C Drive when I used to delete files I press shift+delete to permanently delete them without passing through the recycle bin because files in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by anis smail, Aug 1, 2021.

1. I deleted large files in my D Drive using shift+delete the files disappeared but the drive...

In the C Drive when I used to delete files I press shift+delete to permanently delete them without passing through the recycle bin because files in recycle bin won't change the storage as we knowbut in D Drive when I tried to delete some large files that I wanted to delete I pressed shift+delete even though I knew that the delete button only would still do the jobbut then I was surprised that the files disappeared and the drive storage free space didn't change I tried to understand the problem so I deleted another file by only pressing the delete button and I found that it successfully freed s

:)

anis smail, Aug 1, 2021
  2. temp02 Win User

Can I delete this unknown file safely?

Well then simply erase (Shift + Del) the $RECYCLE.BIN folder of that drive, I just find it odd that Windows doesn't pick up the drive's recycle bin when you connect it.
    And yes it's completely safe to delete the whole $RECYCLE.BIN folder, it wont affect any of the other files/folders on the drive, and whenever you delete (Del) another file it will be re-created.

temp02, Aug 1, 2021
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Aug 1, 2021
  4. I deleted large files in my D Drive using shift+delete the files disappeared but the drive...

Files Deleted During Failed Windows Update

If you saved your video projects, they should be on the drive (barring any file system corruption). You can give Recuva a try:

Accidentally deleted an important file? Lost something important when your computer crashed? No problem! Recuva recovers files deleted from your Windows computer, Recycle Bin, digital camera card, or MP3 player. And it's free!​
    Download the portable version on another PC, unpack it on a flash drive, pop the drive in the trouble machine, and run it off the flash drive. You want to make as few changes to the hard drive as possible before running the recovery program.

Static~Charge, Aug 1, 2021
Thema:

I deleted large files in my D Drive using shift+delete the files disappeared but the drive...

1. I deleted large files in my D Drive using shift+delete the files disappeared but the drive... - Similar Threads - deleted large files

2. My D Drive keeps deleting or disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My D Drive keeps deleting or disappearing: I have no idea how to explain this fully but I have researched many times every single time this happens, I know how to fix it but just not even a day ago it deleted my d drive to where I had to restore to a previous restore point which was about a week back, but not even 3...
  3. My D Drive keeps deleting or disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My D Drive keeps deleting or disappearing: I have no idea how to explain this fully but I have researched many times every single time this happens, I know how to fix it but just not even a day ago it deleted my d drive to where I had to restore to a previous restore point which was about a week back, but not even 3...
  4. My D Drive keeps deleting or disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Deleted D-drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted D-drive: So I've always been installing Games and other stuff to my C-Drive, and today I tried installing a game to the D-Drive because I had no more space in the other one. After coming back to see how it's going I realized it had stopped installing because the D-Driver got completly...
  6. Deleted D-drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted D-drive: So I've always been installing Games and other stuff to my C-Drive, and today I tried installing a game to the D-Drive because I had no more space in the other one. After coming back to see how it's going I realized it had stopped installing because the D-Driver got completly...
  7. Deleted D-drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Can I delete this files that are on my D:\ drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I delete this files that are on my D:\ drive?: Hello, I think this is my second post on this community and I wanted to ask if I could delete all the files that are on the D:\ drive since I want to use it to put my games on that drive and some of the files take a lot of storage. Here Im leaving a screenshot of the files...
  9. Windows delete the file and folder from D drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows delete the file and folder from D drive: Hi, Today while doing some work with my window laptop it asked for reset for update. After upgrading windows become fresh amd my D: fully formated and my all files lost i had 10 G of data in D drive. How to recover . Windows.old is empty !...
  10. I can not delete file on Drive D, Window 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I can not delete file on Drive D, Window 10: I have Kaspersky anti virus program to control my pc, and they found Trojan.Win32.Agent in D;/Wintools/HijackThis.exe I want to delete it and tried to open Drive D, but it does not allow me to open it. The Kaspersky has no object to remove this virus too What can I do ?...