Windows 10: I deleted my entire documents folder. How do I get it out of onedrive and become its own...

Discus and support I deleted my entire documents folder. How do I get it out of onedrive and become its own... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I accidentally deleted the documents folder by deleting the desktop shortcut, and not realising it would actually delete the section too. how do I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DarcyHenderson, Jul 28, 2019.

1. I deleted my entire documents folder. How do I get it out of onedrive and become its own...

I accidentally deleted the documents folder by deleting the desktop shortcut, and not realising it would actually delete the section too. how do I get it out of onedrive, because there is obviously nowhere I can paste it into because it is its own section.

:)

DarcyHenderson, Jul 28, 2019

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused I deleted my entire documents folder. How do I get it out of onedrive and become its own... :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well I deleted my entire documents folder. How do I get it out of onedrive and become its own... :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jul 28, 2019
  3. Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

or do i need it?

computer45, Jul 28, 2019
  4. I deleted my entire documents folder. How do I get it out of onedrive and become its own...

Why I have TWO Documents folders?

ok so lemme start off my saying i recently wiped my system and installed windows 10
    and i noticed even more recently that i seem to have TWO documents folders...
    i have one that has nothing that it should in it and the other somehow is linked to Onedrive...
    the onedrive linked one has everything that the non onedrive should. (game saves, etc)
    my question is...why? is this normal cause i can't imagine it is...
    i don't think steam game save cloud will work with onedrive so i need to know, is this fixable WITHOUT another wipe? i have no idea how my onedrive got synced with my documents folder. i didn't set it up that way. any help is appreciated!
    thanks!

TheMatt1984, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

I deleted my entire documents folder. How do I get it out of onedrive and become its own...

1. I deleted my entire documents folder. How do I get it out of onedrive and become its own... - Similar Threads - deleted entire documents

2. how do I move system folders - documents, pictures and desktop out of onedrive folder in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I move system folders - documents, pictures and desktop out of onedrive folder in...: Set up new PC and system folders documents, Pictures, Desktop are in "user"/onedrive folder. How do I move system folders - documents, pictures and desktop out of onedrive up 1 level to "user"Using properties dialog, move, select folder ... won't let me do this...
  3. how do I move system folders - documents, pictures and desktop out of onedrive folder in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I move system folders - documents, pictures and desktop out of onedrive folder in...: Set up new PC and system folders documents, Pictures, Desktop are in "user"/onedrive folder. How do I move system folders - documents, pictures and desktop out of onedrive up 1 level to "user"Using properties dialog, move, select folder ... won't let me do this...
  4. How do I unsync a folder in my documents from OneDrive???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I unsync a folder in my documents from OneDrive???: I can’t have onedrive messing up my sims 2 saves because it desires to upload everything for no reason.I just want to make it so that my sims 2 folder cannot be messed with by Onedrive. And please, do not tell me to go to my account and “choose folders” because that just...
  5. Deleted my Onedrive folder and it deleted my entire desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted my Onedrive folder and it deleted my entire desktop: I was trying to make more space on my computer and ended up deleting my Onedrive folder, I looked at my desktop and saw that everything was gone. I'm trying to get those files back, they aren't on my Onedrive on the website because I never upgraded my storage space. There's...
  6. Deleted my Onedrive folder and it deleted my entire desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted my Onedrive folder and it deleted my entire desktop: I was trying to make more space on my computer and ended up deleting my Onedrive folder, I looked at my desktop and saw that everything was gone. I'm trying to get those files back, they aren't on my Onedrive on the website because I never upgraded my storage space. There's...
  7. Deleted my Onedrive folder and it deleted my entire desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. How do I become the administrator of my own computer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I become the administrator of my own computer?: I'm always getting issues with Windows 10 saying I can't do certain things and have to contact the administrator. It's my PC! There is no administrator other than me! How can I change this? Please, it's such a stupid error I know, that's what Microsoft does all the time. Why...
  9. Onedrive deleted files on its own, creating its own folders with no content

Onedrive deleted files on its own, creating its own folders with no content: OneDrive deleted a folder containing downloads of financial PDFs. I did not do this because I used them yesterday. They appear in the OneDrive recycle bin on the website but the website will not restore the files because it says they are already on the computer, which they...
  10. How to get Documents folder out of OneDrive?

How to get Documents folder out of OneDrive?: Hi, I am trying to move my Documents and music folders from the C drive to a micro 128GB extra storage to use less space on the 28GB C drive in the Lenovo mini Laptop. However, I run up against a error warning telling I can't do that. Here is the message: "The folder...