Windows 10: I deleted my files when I did the PC reset

Discus and support I deleted my files when I did the PC reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can I recover my files after permanently deleting my files (pictures, downloads, documents, etc. ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by stoni5000, Aug 27, 2018.

1. stoni5000 Win User

I deleted my files when I did the PC reset

Can I recover my files after permanently deleting my files (pictures, downloads, documents, etc. ?

:)

stoni5000, Aug 27, 2018
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Unable to delete a file

Hi Brent,

There are a lot of possible reason why the issue occurs, we suggest that you access
    safe mode
    and
    delete the files there. If the same issue occur,
    reboot
    your PC and run these following
    methods of troubleshooting
    steps:

Method 1:
    Run SFC Scan.  

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Method 2:
    Run DISM Tool.  

To run
    DISM Tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel. 

Method 3: Clean Boot.

To perform a
    Clean Boot, click
    here.

Note:
    Reset the computer back to
    Normal Mode
    once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the same article.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 27, 2018
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Aug 27, 2018
  4. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

1. I deleted my files when I did the PC reset - Similar Threads - deleted files did

2. So i did a "Reset this pc" and my pc wont boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So i did a "Reset this pc" and my pc wont boot: So i did a "reset this pc" and my pc wont boot now i does not even go to the login screen only thing i see is my motherboard name on my screen for a few secunds and then it goes black and over and over again i did not touch my pc and it just keep reseting from the only screen...
  3. So i did a "Reset this pc" and my pc wont boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So i did a "Reset this pc" and my pc wont boot: So i did a "reset this pc" and my pc wont boot now i does not even go to the login screen only thing i see is my motherboard name on my screen for a few secunds and then it goes black and over and over again i did not touch my pc and it just keep reseting from the only screen...
  4. So i did a "Reset this pc" and my pc wont boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I did a reset on my PC…

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I did a reset on my PC…: I did a reset on my PC and kept all personal files and chose to reinstall windows from the cloud, it’s been restarting at 64% for about an hour now and gets to 73% sometimes 80% and repeats the process. Am I screwed?...
  6. I did a reset on my PC…

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I did a reset on my PC…: I did a reset on my PC and kept all personal files and chose to reinstall windows from the cloud, it’s been restarting at 64% for about an hour now and gets to 73% sometimes 80% and repeats the process. Am I screwed?...
  7. I reset my pc and when I did it deleted my activation. Please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I reset my pc and when I did it deleted my activation. Please help: I reset my pc to wipe all my files and when I did it said I didnt have a key anymore. Ive been having this hard drive for awhile now and it never done this. So now I have a watermark on my screen I was running windows 10 home now its saying im running windows 10 pro which...
  8. So I reset my PC without deleting the files and after I did it the files that I had are...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So I reset my PC without deleting the files and after I did it the files that I had are...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Gamesdrop [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ge14zu/so_i_reset_my_pc_without_deleting_the_files_and/
  9. When I try to reset my pc and delete all my files it won’t work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I try to reset my pc and delete all my files it won’t work: I don’t get an error message. When it’s done my computer starts up and it says undoing changes. submitted by /u/federalpupper [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fkh0ox/when_i_try_to_reset_my_pc_and_delete_all_my_files/
  10. "Reset this pc" did not delete the file windows.old even when i chose to delete everything...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Reset this pc" did not delete the file windows.old even when i chose to delete everything...: Does this mean that resetting my pc was not successful or does this process delete everything besides that folder ? Also does this mean there may be some other things that my laptop may have not deleted some other things ? Or is it only this folder that is able to remain...