Windows 10: I deleted my PIN but I can"t add a new one

Discus and support I deleted my PIN but I can"t add a new one in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I deleted my PIN and now when I go in settings>accounts>sign in options and I press the "Add" button at the PIN section nothing happens. I saw other... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by adrianstejar, Aug 31, 2019.

1. I deleted my PIN but I can"t add a new one

I deleted my PIN and now when I go in settings>accounts>sign in options and I press the "Add" button at the PIN section nothing happens. I saw other people that had this issue which asked here, on the website, and the answer was to go in the file explorer at (CI deleted my PIN but I can"t add a new one :)>Windows>ServiceProfiles>LocalService>AppData>Local>Microsoft>Ngc but a window is opening saying that I don't have the permission to acces the folder and to "Click Continue to permanently get access to this folder." After that a window opens saying: "You have been denied permission to acces this folder. To gain access to this folder you will need to use the security tab." And in the security tab I didn't managed to do anything, because it's confusing.

:)

adrianstejar, Aug 31, 2019
  2. Marco Gav Win User

Why doesn't my pin work with the anniversary edition?

Hi Nancy,

We would like to know more about the issue. Before you had the Anniversary Update, were you using an 8-digit PIN?

For the meantime, we suggest that you remove the current PIN and create a new PIN. You can do that by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Settings, and select it from the list of results.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, select Remove.

After you have deleted your current PIN, create a new 4-digit PIN by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Settings, and select it from the list of results.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, select Add.

Once you have created your new 4-digit PIN, restart your computer and sign-in using the new 4-digit PIN.

Note: It is very important that you remove then create a new PIN rather than changing the current PIN.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Aug 31, 2019
  4. I deleted my PIN but I can"t add a new one

PIN

To resolve this issue with your PIN, follow these step:

• Restart your computer first, then after that, open File Explorer and browse to this location:
    C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

• Delete everything within that folder.
    • Go to Settings-> Accounts->Sign-in Options.
    • Click Add a PIN again and set your PIN.
    • PIN sign in should work going forward.

Let us know how this turns out.

Marque Lor, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

I deleted my PIN but I can"t add a new one

1. I deleted my PIN but I can"t add a new one - Similar Threads - deleted PIN cant

2. I want to add a new alias to my Microsoft account so I can delete my old one.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to add a new alias to my Microsoft account so I can delete my old one.: I went to this page to add a new alias so I can get rid of my old one. But the page simply won't let me. I select the 'Add an existing email address as a Microsoft account alias' box and enter the outlook address I created to replace the old one and I get 'This email address...
  3. I want to add a new alias to my Microsoft account so I can delete my old one.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to add a new alias to my Microsoft account so I can delete my old one.: I went to this page to add a new alias so I can get rid of my old one. But the page simply won't let me. I select the 'Add an existing email address as a Microsoft account alias' box and enter the outlook address I created to replace the old one and I get 'This email address...
  4. Password got removed and i cant add one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password got removed and i cant add one: My computer made me change my password into pin and when i tried to change it back to a password instead of a pin in the settings the password feature was removed and only pin was left. How can i put in a password?...
  5. Password got removed and i cant add one

Password got removed and i cant add one: My computer made me change my password into pin and when i tried to change it back to a password instead of a pin in the settings the password feature was removed and only pin was left. How can i put in a password?...
  6. Password got removed and i cant add one

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. i deleted windows hello so i cant use pin

i deleted windows hello so i cant use pin: I removed windows hello but i didnt know that program needed for pin. Now i cant use pin and i want it help me : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-windows-hello-so-i-cant-use-pin/a92541b5-faa0-4ed2-a1e5-bc30c9eee805
  8. Add new Admin...delete old one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add new Admin...delete old one: Recently started a new job. The computer I'm using belonged to someone else previously. I was given their log in info so that I can use the files they created. They are now gone from the company. What's the best way for me to be able to actually log in as me, and still use...
  9. Add new Admin...delete old one

Add new Admin...delete old one: Recently started a new job. The computer I'm using belonged to someone else previously. I was given their log in info so that I can use the files they created. They are now gone from the company. What's the best way for me to be able to actually log in as me, and still use...
  10. Add new Admin...delete old one

in Windows 10 Customization