Windows 10: I deleted my recovery partition using diskpart and I did not do it in administrator mode. I...

Discus and support I deleted my recovery partition using diskpart and I did not do it in administrator mode. I... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/VrManWithThePlan [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VrManWithThePlan, Mar 1, 2021.

1. I deleted my recovery partition using diskpart and I did not do it in administrator mode. I...

/u/VrManWithThePlan, Mar 1, 2021

2. How to delete the partition after creating a recovery drive on Windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about deleting the recovery partition after creating a recovery drive. We will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps to delete the recovery partition from Command Prompt and check if it helps.

I suggest you to log-in as an administrator with Microsoft account, try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type: diskpart
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: list disk (Make note of the disk number of the disk from which you want to delete the partition.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: select diskn (Select the disk
      n from which you want to delete the partition.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: list partition (Make note of the number of the partition that you want to delete.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: select partition (Select the partition
      n that you want to delete.)
    • At the DISKPART prompt, type: delete partition

Caution

• Deleting a partition on a dynamic disk can delete all dynamic volumes on the disk, thus leaving the disk in a corrupt state. To delete a dynamic volume, use the
      delete volume command instead. For instructions on how to delete a dynamic volume, see Related Topics.

• When you delete a partition, all data on that deleted partition or logical drive is lost.

• You cannot recover deleted partitions or logical drives.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 1, 2021
  3. RyoTakagi Win User
    Lost recovery partition

Hello, I see that you are having issues with recovery partition. I would suggest you using the diskpart command in the command prompt. First, open up the comand prompt as an administrator, then type in diskpart. Now, type in list disk, and look for the
    recovery partition drive. Follow the steps in the link below:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-fo...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! I deleted my recovery partition using diskpart and I did not do it in administrator mode. I... :)

RyoTakagi, Mar 1, 2021
  4. I deleted my recovery partition using diskpart and I did not do it in administrator mode. I...

Recovery Partition in Windows 10.0

I find this
    low disk space on recovery partition
    , which I think might be of help.

Since the recovery partition will not work in Windows 10, you can delete the recovery partition with DiskPart. type“diskpart.exe” in a run box. run the followingcommands:

list disk

select disk [ID]

list partition

select partition [id]

delete partition

Youngwarlord, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

I deleted my recovery partition using diskpart and I did not do it in administrator mode. I...

1. I deleted my recovery partition using diskpart and I did not do it in administrator mode. I... - Similar Threads - deleted recovery partition

2. How do I delete redundant recovery partitions [windows 10]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete redundant recovery partitions [windows 10]: There are 3 recovery partitions on my Win 10 system. How do I delete atleast 2 of them and get them back for my use ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-redundant-recovery-partitions/8ddd7713-7896-4173-bd88-3ee8a8abb48f
  3. How do I delete redundant recovery partitions [windows 10]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete redundant recovery partitions [windows 10]: There are 3 recovery partitions on my Win 10 system. How do I delete atleast 2 of them and get them back for my use ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-redundant-recovery-partitions/8ddd7713-7896-4173-bd88-3ee8a8abb48f
  4. i just did convert mbr to gpt is my partitions deleted or what and i run diskpart clean...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i just did convert mbr to gpt is my partitions deleted or what and i run diskpart clean...: i just did convert mbr to gpt is my partitions deleted or what and i run diskpart clean before so all my partition deleted now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-did-convert-mbr-to-gpt-is-my-partitions/76cca304-5267-4bf2-ba0d-9c9fda8c0bad
  5. Did I delete the Windows Recovery Partition?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Did I delete the Windows Recovery Partition?: Hello and thanks for taking a look at my issue. Attached please see my partitions. Thanks! p.s. I was hoping to reset my install to factory settings and I don't have a recovery CD but I do have my manufacturer's drivers on a CD. [img] 159457
  6. RECOVERY partition not visible in DISKPART.

RECOVERY partition not visible in DISKPART.: The recovery partition is not visible in diskpart and therefore the WinRE cannot be found. What do I do to get it to show? It was there before.[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  7. Can I Delete These 2 Recovery Partitions?

Can I Delete These 2 Recovery Partitions?: I upgraded to 1903 about 2 weeks ago (6/17) and I've notice that I now have two recovery partitions. [img] Neither of them is enabled. [img] There is a Recovery folder on "C" but its empty. [img] One of the recovery partitions was created on the day of the upgrade and...
  8. How do I delete recovery partition

How do I delete recovery partition: How do I delete recovery partition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-do-i-delete-recovery-partition/2d5149e9-f57b-4d4d-8dab-ce804f20a3d4
  9. Can I delete the recovery partition?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I delete the recovery partition?: After the update to version 1511 build 10586 Windows has created a 450 Mb recovery partition on my SSD drive. I have already deleted the created Windows_OLD folder as well as the hidden folder with update files. Can I seamlessly and without risk also delete the recovery...
  10. Recovery Partition that I did not have with 8.1

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery Partition that I did not have with 8.1: I didn't know where else to post this weird one. Did the first Win 10 image on a desktop and noticed a Recovery Partition. On one of two desktops. Both desktops were installed with Windows 7 Pro oem updated to 8.0/8.1/10 which means it never had a Recovery partition to begin...