Windows 10: i deleted my user

Discus and support i deleted my user in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; so basically deleted my user account by going in to the windows C: drive > users, and then i deleted my user and relised what i did and that it was to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LentiTenti, Apr 8, 2020.

1. i deleted my user

so basically deleted my user account by going in to the windows C: drive > users, and then i deleted my user and relised what i did and that it was to late. and now many 'windows' files are gone and all things i downloaded on to that storage space is mostly gone.

forexample my File Explorer is not there anymore and i go in to my files/libary by going in though the recycle bin and if i was to click on 'Downloads' or naything under 'This Pc' it would say its not found and may have been deleted or something like that. Games i had on my other storage disk is kinda fine, but i dont care abount my games and want my pc to be running like it used to and i want my File Explorer back in one piece.

Edit: And I cant reset, it says that no changes were made and im just stuck

:)

LentiTenti, Apr 8, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Apr 8, 2020
  4. i deleted my user

How to delete local user accounts on Windows 10?

Hi Marvin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about delete the multiple user accounts on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps to delete local user account and check if it helps.

Note: When you want to delete a user account from your computer:

• You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to delete a user account.

• You will not be able to delete a user account that is currently signed in. You will need to sign out the user first.

• Be sure to always have at least one enabled administrator account on the PC to avoid not being able to perform actions that require administrator rights.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.
    OR

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account
      " /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

i deleted my user

1. i deleted my user - Similar Threads - deleted user

2. How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public": As shown by "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!" this is not my main drive. When this drive was salvaged by my mother from her previous computer neither windows nor other system files like this one were removed, thus the drive was not properly prepared to be utilized as an external...
  3. How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public": As shown by "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!" this is not my main drive. When this drive was salvaged by my mother from her previous computer neither windows nor other system files like this one were removed, thus the drive was not properly prepared to be utilized as an external...
  4. How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public"

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public"

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How do i delete "N:\IMPORTANT OLD DRIVE!!!\Users\Public"

8. I have a requirement to delete inactive users. There are many I know are system created...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a requirement to delete inactive users. There are many I know are system created...: There are many I know are system created users such as TsInternetUser, Guest, HealthMailbox, exchange Online-ApplicationAccount are these safe to delete?I know some of the Exchange HealthMailbox are from old instances. I have also read that I can delete them all and Exchange...
  9. I have a requirement to delete inactive users. There are many I know are system created...

I have a requirement to delete inactive users. There are many I know are system created...: There are many I know are system created users such as TsInternetUser, Guest, HealthMailbox, exchange Online-ApplicationAccount are these safe to delete?I know some of the Exchange HealthMailbox are from old instances. I have also read that I can delete them all and Exchange...
  10. I have a requirement to delete inactive users. There are many I know are system created...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade