Windows 10: I deleted my video folder on desktop, now allof my videos missing

Discus and support I deleted my video folder on desktop, now allof my videos missing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I delete this annoying folder on my desktop, I thought its just a shortcut video and now all my videos are gone. but I cant find anything on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Thomas JadeBautista, Dec 5, 2018.

1. I deleted my video folder on desktop, now allof my videos missing

I deleted my video folder on desktop, now allof my videos missing 53be26e4-ae02-43d9-ac95-67b0cea994c2?upload=true.png

I delete this annoying folder on my desktop, I thought its just a shortcut video and now all my videos are gone. but I cant find anything on recycle bin. thanks

:)

Thomas JadeBautista, Dec 5, 2018
  2. RS Z28 Win User

Video folder on desktop...cannot delete

If you discover it is just a shortcut or a copy of your C:\Users\David\Video folder and you can not delete it, then do this.

in Cortana search >> type in >> msconfig

Open system config>>Boot Tab>>Select Safe boot and apply and restart PC

In safe mode, sign into your account

then try and delete the file on your desktop.

If you can, then go to C:\Users\David folder and verify that Videos folder is still there.

If so, then empty the recycle bin

Reboot to windows in normal mode.

If you can not delete it, then use command prompt as ADMIN

Direct the path to the desktop location of the video folder and delete it.

Example at command prompt>>

del C:\Users\David\Desktop\Videos

and press enter

RS Z28, Dec 5, 2018
  3. RS Z28 Win User

System in Security has nothing to do with it.

This is what you do

Go to and open

C:\Users\David

Is the Video folder here ???

If yes, then the one on your desktop is either a shortcut (Which has a shortcut arrow on the bottom left of the folder icon)

Or it is a copy of the video folder.

Right click on the Video Folder on the desktop>>Properties

Do you see a Location Tab like you do in the C:\Users\David\Video folder ????

And for Security settings and permissions, Part 2 has complete details on Ownership, permissions and sharing.

Connecting PC’s & Users for Sharing XP, Vista, 7, 8 & 10 "Revised 6-23-2018 Final"

You take ownership, then disable inheritance. Bottom selection removes all users, then you NEED to add YOURSELF and ADMINS in user list with full control/permissions.

If you select disable inheritance and select the top selection, then this allows you to add users or edit the users list and their permissions.

RS Z28, Dec 5, 2018
  4. I deleted my video folder on desktop, now allof my videos missing

Hi there Dave! Could you tell me if its just a short cut or the ACTUAL videos file itself? Because even if you had full permissions you cannot delete the videos folder due to it being a OS-installed folder, and could cause errors if you do.

This also sounds like it could be a virus, so id suggest running a full heuristic scan on your PC.

SonGoku'sSon, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

I deleted my video folder on desktop, now allof my videos missing

1. I deleted my video folder on desktop, now allof my videos missing - Similar Threads - deleted video folder

2. My Users Folder and It's Content Desktop and Video Captures Are Deleted after System Recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Users Folder and It's Content Desktop and Video Captures Are Deleted after System Recovery: Hello! I was trying to uninstall a program and my computer crashed, gave me a blue screen something went wrong error. Auto repair didn't work so I used System recovery and I recovered it to yesterday. It asked my password so I thought it was my e-mail password. It didn't...
  3. My Users Folder and It's Content Desktop and Video Captures Are Deleted after System Recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Users Folder and It's Content Desktop and Video Captures Are Deleted after System Recovery: Hello! I was trying to uninstall a program and my computer crashed, gave me a blue screen something went wrong error. Auto repair didn't work so I used System recovery and I recovered it to yesterday. It asked my password so I thought it was my e-mail password. It didn't...
  4. My Users Folder and It's Content Desktop and Video Captures Are Deleted after System Recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can I delete CacheClip folder in Videos?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I delete CacheClip folder in Videos?: Hey, My C: Drive is current on Critically low Space. I am trying to clear up some space and I saw that my CacheClips Folder located in Videos has 35GB worth of data on it. More in specific there is a folder within CacheClips with a really weird name. Can I delete this folder...
  6. Can I delete CacheClip folder in Videos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I delete CacheClip folder in Videos?: Hey, My C: Drive is current on Critically low Space. I am trying to clear up some space and I saw that my CacheClips Folder located in Videos has 35GB worth of data on it. More in specific there is a folder within CacheClips with a really weird name. Can I delete this folder...
  7. Can I delete CacheClip folder in Videos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. My User folder is now the Videos Folder. I need help

in Windows 10 Customization
    My User folder is now the Videos Folder. I need help: Hi, I was trying to move my Videos Folder to C:\Users\Username folder from my D drive so I mistakenly forgot to type the Videos Word in the path and now I am broken. My user folder has become the Videos folder. All the AppData folders, my cache stuff is now in my videos...
  9. Folders/Videos Randomly Deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders/Videos Randomly Deleted: Little bit of an embarrassing situation but I had a folder with personal videos on it. For obvious reasons these were kept hidden and layered under a few files in my captures folder. I went to look at one today and the folders/contents were all deleted. A complete search of...
  10. Delete Videos>Captures Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete Videos>Captures Folder: Hi, I can manually delete folders like captures in video but after a restart the folder is created again automatically by Windows. How can I delete it permanently so it won't create it again? Thanks. 114727