Windows 10: I deleted one of my users folders.

Discus and support I deleted one of my users folders. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I deleted one of my users folders and now every time I turn on my PC it show an error with this user and then it redirects me to my other users. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ivaylo Chernev, Jun 14, 2021.

1. I deleted one of my users folders.

I deleted one of my users folders and now every time I turn on my PC it show an error with this user and then it redirects me to my other users. How can I fix this issue?

:)

Ivaylo Chernev, Jun 14, 2021

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused I deleted one of my users folders. :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well I deleted one of my users folders. :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jun 14, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Jun 14, 2021
  4. I deleted one of my users folders.

problem in deleting folders

Hi Sindhu,

The challenge that you are experiencing can occur due to several reasons, such as, incorrect user permissions settings, corrupted files, etc. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• What are the exact error messages that you are getting?
    • What are the exact troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.
    • What kind of folder are you trying to delete? Are you trying to delete an app folder, system folder, or a file folder?

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

I deleted one of my users folders.

1. I deleted one of my users folders. - Similar Threads - deleted users folders

2. Deleted user folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted user folder: Hey Microsoft, I deleted my user folder on my Windows folder, to try to get space to reset my pc. I did not create a restore point. My apps such as my Microsoft Edge, chrome, file explorer do not work. I don't know what to do. Please help me. My pc is not working. And yes I...
  3. i put my desktop folder on my users one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i put my desktop folder on my users one: so i was moving my files to do some work but then i accidentally moved my desktop file to the app data one, i tried to move the location to my user file but instead it went to the user file and now i can’t do nothing what should i do? i tried to put it in my user file and now...
  4. i put my desktop folder on my users one

i put my desktop folder on my users one: so i was moving my files to do some work but then i accidentally moved my desktop file to the app data one, i tried to move the location to my user file but instead it went to the user file and now i can’t do nothing what should i do? i tried to put it in my user file and now...
  5. I deleted most of my user folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I deleted most of my user folder: Hello, i deleted most of my user folder files, including my AppData files ! is there any way please to restore it? My windows doesn't function well! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-most-of-my-user-folder/0af5e050-df9e-444d-bd32-8804844f4e3d
  6. I deleted most of my user folder

I deleted most of my user folder: Hello, i deleted most of my user folder files, including my AppData files ! is there any way please to restore it? My windows doesn't function well! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-most-of-my-user-folder/0af5e050-df9e-444d-bd32-8804844f4e3d
  7. I deleted most of my user folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. I accidentally deleted my user folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I accidentally deleted my user folder: im using win10 and i was trying to change my user folder name, and to move it in to my administrator account (no idea why i did that) , but it didnt finished the transfer of the files, and when i tried to connect to my user , it was all empty , now i only have the empty...
  9. I have 7 users in my Users folder. How do I delete the user-created ones?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have 7 users in my Users folder. How do I delete the user-created ones?: One folder is Administrator. One folder is Public. One folder is [local account]. This is my current and only available login, the one I want to keep. Two folders begin with defaultuser, one of which has the name of my machine. Two folders begin with the first five...
  10. Deleted User Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted User Folders: I have two users whose accounts have been deleted but their folders under C Users are re-created on restart after deleting them. Hang over from W7 but can anyone help me permanently delete the in W10? 9655