Windows 10: I deleted or messed up my user account profile, how do I recover my profile

Discus and support I deleted or messed up my user account profile, how do I recover my profile in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was tying to straighten out my user profiles and I deleted my main administrator profile. So sad. I have lost everything very scary. I am hesitant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JayHubb1, Jul 5, 2019.

1. JayHubb1 Win User

I deleted or messed up my user account profile, how do I recover my profile

I was tying to straighten out my user profiles and I deleted my main administrator profile. So sad.

I have lost everything very scary. I am hesitant to do a restore because I have never done a restore on W 10.

I have used recuva and I found the file and it was green recoverable! now how do I proceed where is the file?

Thanks for your help, Jan

:)

JayHubb1, Jul 5, 2019

2. Deleting Windows 10 user account/profile

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Are you login to an Administrator account?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you disable the said user account via Command Prompt. Refer to the steps below:

1. Right-click on Start button, select
    Command Prompt (Admin).

2. On the Command Prompt window, type in net user and press
    Enter.

3. A list of user profiles on your computer will appear, if you see the user account you wish to disable then you can type:

net user ExampleUserName /active:no (note the space between the end of the user name and the /) and press
    Enter.

Note: Make sure that you have other accounts available to your computer with Administrator rights before performing this method.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jul 5, 2019
  3. Steve C Win User
    Delete User Profile in Windows 10

I'm the first to reply! This tutorial could be a useful fix for the problem of corrupted user profiles.

I have a challenging query. I upgraded my desktop PC to the AU yesterday and can't configure OneDrive in my main user account - see OneDrive Problem After Anniversary Upgrade. I strongly suspect the problem may be due to a problem with the user profile since I can configure OneDrive in all other accounts.

I'm wondering if I can use the method in this tutorial to reset the profile? What will I need to configure? I don't understand Step 2 of Option 2 above. Doesn't doing that delete all the user data files and program configuration data in Appdata?

I had another problem with a corrupted default user profile after the AU and had to copy a working default user profile - see https://www.tenforums.com/user-accou...r-profile.html Am I safe to reset the user profile using the default user profile I copied from my laptop or should I restore the default user profile using another method before using the reset method in this tutorial?

Steve C, Jul 5, 2019
  4. Uptime73 Win User

copying profiles in Vista Home Premium

Hello all. i have Windows Vista Home Premium SP1. I have one user profile "Andy". I would like to copy this profile to a new profile called "Andrew" and then delete the "Andy" profile.

I tried to create the Andrew profile through user accounts in control panel, but sometimes the 'Andrew' user doesn't show up in the users folder, and sometimes there's a TEMP folder instead. When I fo into the Andrew user account, it says

Your user profile was not loaded correctly! You have been logged on with the default profile for the system. Please see the event log for details or contact youru administrator"

What steps do i need to take to create the user profile for "Andrew", copy the "Andy" profile into the "Andrew" user file, and delete the "Andy" profile? I read where you should disable UAC and i have tried that, but to no advail. Also, do I need to enable the built in administrator? Thanks for you help.

- Josh

Uptime73, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

1. I deleted or messed up my user account profile, how do I recover my profile - Similar Threads - deleted messed user

2. How do I delete my user profile in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete my user profile in Windows 11?: I’m selling my Suface Pro to buy a new one. Can I delete my user profile on my current PC? Or can I do a clean install of Windows without setting up a user profile. I want to have a clean hard drive before I sell it to the new owner/user? Any suggestions will be appreciated....
  3. How do I delete my user profile in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete my user profile in Windows 11?: I’m selling my Suface Pro to buy a new one. Can I delete my user profile on my current PC? Or can I do a clean install of Windows without setting up a user profile. I want to have a clean hard drive before I sell it to the new owner/user? Any suggestions will be appreciated....
  4. How to recover my user profile back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover my user profile back?: I was changing my user profile name and while I was in registry editor, I mistyped the name of the profile path of my SID to something that doesn’t exist and continued to delete the temporary account, now when I try to sign in it’s creating many temp users, how do I get my...
  5. How to recover my user profile back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover my user profile back?: I was changing my user profile name and while I was in registry editor, I mistyped the name of the profile path of my SID to something that doesn’t exist and continued to delete the temporary account, now when I try to sign in it’s creating many temp users, how do I get my...
  6. How to recover my user profile back?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to recover deleted User account profile in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to recover deleted User account profile in Windows 10: [ATTACH]In Windows 10, a user profile is an account you use to sign in […] This article How to recover deleted User account profile in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. How to recover a deleted user profile ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to recover a deleted user profile ?: I accidentally deleted my main user account through the control panel but chose the "keep files" option. So my user folder is under C:\Users but i cant find a way to revert all of them back to my previous state. If that is possible at all. I tried creating a new user and...
  9. How do I delete a user profile and related files

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I delete a user profile and related files: What are the risks of deleting a profile and its related files in Windows 10? Are there any issues I should be careful about? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-a-user-profile-and-related-files/818f9d11-acfc-4f12-a531-6253e5faa823
  10. I deleted my profile account on my computer what do I do?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I deleted my profile account on my computer what do I do?: I deleted my account on accident and now my start button won't work. How do I restore it? And I just updated it to window 10 yesterday and today it said that I was logged in as a temporary account so I tried fixing it but deleted my account what to do? I think I deleted my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 7 i messed up user profiles