Windows 10: I deleted Realtek not knowing what it was

Discus and support I deleted Realtek not knowing what it was in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I deleted Realtek not knowing what it was and now my audio is bad, if anyone could send me the link to download the one i need that would be good, i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jacckwilliams, Mar 20, 2019.

1. I deleted Realtek not knowing what it was

I deleted Realtek not knowing what it was and now my audio is bad, if anyone could send me the link to download the one i need that would be good, i have a hp envy.

:)

jacckwilliams, Mar 20, 2019
  2. ddelo Win User

Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version

You need to delete the Realtek drivers from the driverstore.

To do that follow these steps:

1. To take a list of all drivers and find the driver you want to change. From the list make a note of the oemxx.inf filenames of the installed Realtek drivers. You might have two drivers: The current driver and the one you can rollback to. They both exist in the driverstore.
    From an elevated command prompt run the command:
    Code:
    Code:
    pnputil /enum-drivers
    2. Backup the installed Realtek drivers, where XX=the driver numbers of the Realtek drivers from step 1.
    First, create a folder for each of the installed Realtek drivers, (if you have more than one, the current and the one to rollback to) found in step 1.
    Run the command for each of the drivers in the driverstore. (run it once or twice, depending on the number of drivers you currently have)
    Code:
    Code:
    pnputil /export-driver oemXX.inf <Realtek Backup folder>
    example: If the current driver is oem12.inf and the backup folder you created is in your desktop the folder RTLBackup1, the command should be:
    pnputil /export-driver oem12.inf %userprofile\Desktop\RTLBackup1

3. Remove the drivers, where XX=the driver numbers of the Realtek drivers from step 1 (run it once or twice depending on the number of drivers you currently have)
    Code:
    Code:
    pnputil /delete-driver oemXX.inf /force
    4. Go to Device Manager, find the Realtek Audio device and install the driver you want, by selecting Update driver and selecting to get the driver from your PC, in the folder where you have unpacked the cab file from Microsoft Update Catalog.

5. When done, and everything is according to what you want, you can delete the driver backup folders you created in step 2

EDIT: Alternatively as @DooGie suggested you can use DriverStore Explorer [RAPR], a free third party application to do the same thing, in a GUI.

ddelo, Mar 20, 2019
  3. amaan07 Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Please provide step by step installation of Realtek APO driver and Realtek official driver..

amaan07, Mar 20, 2019
  4. Jayce Win User

I deleted Realtek not knowing what it was

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

I deleted Realtek not knowing what it was

1. I deleted Realtek not knowing what it was - Similar Threads - deleted Realtek knowing

2. What should I do if I accidentally delete Realtek?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What should I do if I accidentally delete Realtek?: What should I do if I accidentally delete Realtek? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-i-do-if-i-accidentally-delete-realtek/3340ec93-80d7-4420-9f89-4330e02c7449
  3. What should I do if I accidentally delete Realtek?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What should I do if I accidentally delete Realtek?: What should I do if I accidentally delete Realtek? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-should-i-do-if-i-accidentally-delete-realtek/3340ec93-80d7-4420-9f89-4330e02c7449
  4. What should I do if I accidentally delete Realtek?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. dont know what to do realtek error code -0001

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dont know what to do realtek error code -0001: just got a new pc with a https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MPG-B550-GAMING-PLUS/Specification . i have no clue what to do for realtek drivers and iv tryed installing them but i get the issue with having error code -0001 without ever installing the drivers...
  6. dont know what to do realtek error code -0001

dont know what to do realtek error code -0001: just got a new pc with a https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MPG-B550-GAMING-PLUS/Specification . i have no clue what to do for realtek drivers and iv tryed installing them but i get the issue with having error code -0001 without ever installing the drivers...
  7. Does anyone know what this is and whether I should delete this file or restore it?...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does anyone know what this is and whether I should delete this file or restore it?...: Hey guys, so I turned on my computer and then my antivirus Malwarebytes ran its daily scan and had an RTP detection, which lead to an file being quarantined. Now this file is classified as a Malware.AI2180662197 , and the file location is C:\ProgramData\ASUS\ASUS System...
  8. Does anyone know what this is and whether I should delete this file or restore it?...

Does anyone know what this is and whether I should delete this file or restore it?...: Hey guys, so I turned on my computer and then my antivirus Malwarebytes ran its daily scan and had an RTP detection, which lead to an file being quarantined. Now this file is classified as a Malware.AI2180662197 , and the file location is C:\ProgramData\ASUS\ASUS System...
  9. how do i know what to delete

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i know what to delete: what programs do I delete when its comes to malware n antivirus programs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_start-windows_other/how-do-i-know-what-to-delete/43ca02ad-c970-4e74-8bca-cf22f0dea7f7
  10. Deleted C://Recovery and don't know what to do

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted C://Recovery and don't know what to do: I was trying to clean my PC by deleting windows.old but instead I ended up deleting the C://Recovery folder, So I looked up the name and I found out on the same forum that people have deleted it and their computers would not boot. What do I do now? I'm scared to reboot my PC...