Windows 10: I deleted Repository Files on Driver Store Folder, sooooo...what happens to my pc now?

Discus and support I deleted Repository Files on Driver Store Folder, sooooo...what happens to my pc now? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was looking for a way to free up space on my PC, then I saw on a forum that I could delete it and so I did, is there any problem deleting these files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Edson Ricardo2, Jun 12, 2024.

1. I deleted Repository Files on Driver Store Folder, sooooo...what happens to my pc now?

I was looking for a way to free up space on my PC, then I saw on a forum that I could delete it and so I did, is there any problem deleting these files "Repository Files" on "Driver Store"?My pc will be affected? And how can i recover this?

:)

Edson Ricardo2, Jun 12, 2024
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Driver Store-File Repository using huge disk space. How can I reduce it?

Thank you for the update. Try deleting the unneeded drivers by following the steps below:

• On the search bar, type command prompt, right-click on it from the list then run it as
      Administrator.
    • Type the command pnputil.exe /e > c:\drivers.txt then click
      Enter.
    • This command will create a file drivers.txt on C: drive with the list of driver packages that are stored in the File Repository folder.
    • Delete all unnecessary drivers with the help of command pnputil.exe /d oemNN.inf (NN — is a number of drivers file package from drivers.txt, as example oem07.inf). In case the driver is in use, you will see an error while
      trying delete it.

Update with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Anne Ros, Jun 12, 2024
  3. Driver Store-File Repository using huge disk space. How can I reduce it?

Hi

Is it possible... that there will be drivers that are not inuse when I perform this action - that I may actually need?

kimhampson, Jun 12, 2024
  4. I deleted Repository Files on Driver Store Folder, sooooo...what happens to my pc now?

Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused I deleted Repository Files on Driver Store Folder, sooooo...what happens to my pc now? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well I deleted Repository Files on Driver Store Folder, sooooo...what happens to my pc now? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Jun 12, 2024
Thema:

I deleted Repository Files on Driver Store Folder, sooooo...what happens to my pc now?

1. I deleted Repository Files on Driver Store Folder, sooooo...what happens to my pc now? - Similar Threads - deleted Repository Files

2. I deleted Repository Files on Driver Store Folder, sooooo...what happens to my pc now?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I deleted Repository Files on Driver Store Folder, sooooo...what happens to my pc now?: I was looking for a way to free up space on my PC, then I saw on a forum that I could delete it and so I did, is there any problem deleting these files "Repository Files" on "Driver Store"?My pc will be affected? And how can i recover this?...
  3. What would happen if I delete my SWTOOLS folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What would happen if I delete my SWTOOLS folder?: I really want to clear up some space on my computer, and the biggest file I have is SWTOOLS, but I don't know what it does, and I want to delete it, but I fear it will stop my computer from working. What would happen if I deleted that folder? It is a whopping 9.77 GB and my...
  4. What would happen if I delete my SWTOOLS folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What would happen if I delete my SWTOOLS folder?: I really want to clear up some space on my computer, and the biggest file I have is SWTOOLS, but I don't know what it does, and I want to delete it, but I fear it will stop my computer from working. What would happen if I deleted that folder? It is a whopping 9.77 GB and my...
  5. What would happen if I delete my SWTOOLS folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. what happens if i delete the "Program files x86", "program files" and "user" folders from...

what happens if i delete the "Program files x86", "program files" and "user" folders from...: Hello. I am a new windows user. Right now I am thinking of freeing some space from my local disk. But not sure which folders should I delete. That's why I am asking you guys. I am repeating my question again. What happens if I delete the "Program files x86", "program files"...
  7. deleted the "Windowsapps" folder in C:\Program Files... What now?

deleted the "Windowsapps" folder in C:\Program Files... What now?: I thought the WindowsApps folder was useless and backed it up and forcefully deleted it but then I just realised that it's very important for computers. Multiple apps have been forcefully uninstalled and because of that, my computer is a little broken probably very. I...
  8. what will happen if i delete windows folder in local disk

what will happen if i delete windows folder in local disk: what will happen if i delete windows folder in local disk..i want to do this because i want to update windows 10 ..my laptop is low in storage that's why..how can i delete this folder..i have copied windows folder to usb drive also to delete this folder...
  9. viruses in file repository folder.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    viruses in file repository folder.: hi, my antivirus is detecting the malware - new.heur (variant graftor) in the file repository. I try to delete them but they appear again in the next scan and their number increases too. please help. thanks...
  10. WHAT HAPPEN IF I DELETE WINDOWS FOLDER IN C DRIVE IT CONTAINS 21GB FILES

in Windows 10 Customization
    WHAT HAPPEN IF I DELETE WINDOWS FOLDER IN C DRIVE IT CONTAINS 21GB FILES: WHAT HAPPEN IF I DELETE WINDOWS FOLDER IN C DRIVE IT CONTAINS 21GB FILES, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happen-if-i-delete-windows-folder-in-c-drive/057d832f-45d6-4372-9944-6bd5eab9b643