Windows 10: I deleted SearchUI.exe ; I now need to replace it .

Discus and support I deleted SearchUI.exe ; I now need to replace it . in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can someone give me a clean SearchUI.exe ? I did this to save Ram in Windows 10. I cant search anything nor files using Cortana now. Which is fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by OtherWay1982, Dec 2, 2019.

1. I deleted SearchUI.exe ; I now need to replace it .

Can someone give me a clean SearchUI.exe ? I did this to save Ram in Windows 10.
    I cant search anything nor files using Cortana now. Which is fine.

The problem is that some Software will not install without SearchUI.exe. I assume that is the issue .

:)

OtherWay1982, Dec 2, 2019

2. Windows 10 Crash: Explorer.exe not responding and SearchUI and Shell Experience Host suspended

"Explorer. exe is Not Responding and SearchUI and SellExperienceHost are Suspended."

I had the same thing this morning, couldn't open files, drag and drop, to any folder in explorer. Rebooted (and it was a long reboot) and it fixed itself.

Mark the Engineer, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 2, 2019
  4. I deleted SearchUI.exe ; I now need to replace it .

How do I delete/disable Cortana permanently?

There is a way to do it, but it comes at the cost of removing the start menu search.

This is where Cortana lives:

C:/Windows/SystemApps/Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy

In there is an .exe called SearchUI, rename it and then kill the Cortana process in task manager.

Of course you could always delete SearchUI instead of renaming it, but that means you cannot change your mind later.

Hope this helps

James Barrons, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

I deleted SearchUI.exe ; I now need to replace it .

1. I deleted SearchUI.exe ; I now need to replace it . - Similar Threads - deleted SearchUI exe

2. I need a replace. I Think

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need a replace. I Think: Last week, I was editing my Roblox game.But while editing it shutdown itself without warning and I tried to boot on but somehow it in an update.Also, once thing I noticed that I was charging my battery at 50% and shutdown and turned on with 15%.I test my battery and the...
  3. I need a replace. I Think

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need a replace. I Think: Last week, I was editing my Roblox game.But while editing it shutdown itself without warning and I tried to boot on but somehow it in an update.Also, once thing I noticed that I was charging my battery at 50% and shutdown and turned on with 15%.I test my battery and the...
  4. I need help now

I need help now: I always use edge as my browser but today it is not working properly. It will close when I have multiple tabs open. So I tried to clear cache and cookies but still having the same issue. I dont know what to do anymore I dont want other browser I restarted the PC still issue....
  5. I customized .exe file icon and now need to reset only it the .exe icon to default icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I customized .exe file icon and now need to reset only it the .exe icon to default icon: Hi all,I have a highly customized system and among the changes I made to other icons, I somehow changed my .exe icon too, MEANING that most ALL .exe files now have the SAME custom icon rather than the icon for each program like they are generally supposed to have. Example:...
  6. I customized .exe file icon and now need to reset only it the .exe icon to default icon

I customized .exe file icon and now need to reset only it the .exe icon to default icon: Hi all,I have a highly customized system and among the changes I made to other icons, I somehow changed my .exe icon too, MEANING that most ALL .exe files now have the SAME custom icon rather than the icon for each program like they are generally supposed to have. Example:...
  7. I customized .exe file icon and now need to reset only it the .exe icon to default icon

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. I need URGENT help "reseting" an EXE

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need URGENT help "reseting" an EXE: Hello, Im using a program called "Reset Canon ST4905" to reset my printer. The problem is that i introduced a wrong number in the ID for accident, and now i can't go back, if i close it and open it, it stays in the menu after i introduced an ID. It's not an installed program,...
  9. rundll32.exe replacement?

rundll32.exe replacement?: This morning MalwareBytes started throwing flags that rundll32.exe (in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rundll32.exe) was trying to open blocked websites marked as a trojan. Unfortunately, neither Avast, MalwareBytes, or Microsoft Defender think it's an infected file and using sfc/scannow...
  10. Limit SearchUI

Limit SearchUI: Is there a way to limit SearchUI from eating up too much space in the background? It's utter useless and the only purpose I use it is for the search so I don't have to navigate through the files to get what I want. It causes my PC to lose performance, and it's cancerous....
Tags: