Windows 10: I deleted SearchUI.exe ; I now need to replace it .

Discus and support I deleted SearchUI.exe ; I now need to replace it . in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can someone give me a clean SearchUI.exe ? I did this to save Ram in Windows 10. I cant search anything nor files using Cortana now. Which is fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by OtherWay1982, Dec 2, 2019.

1. I deleted SearchUI.exe ; I now need to replace it .

Can someone give me a clean SearchUI.exe ? I did this to save Ram in Windows 10.
    I cant search anything nor files using Cortana now. Which is fine.

The problem is that some Software will not install without SearchUI.exe. I assume that is the issue .

:)

OtherWay1982, Dec 2, 2019

2. Windows 10 Crash: Explorer.exe not responding and SearchUI and Shell Experience Host suspended

"Explorer. exe is Not Responding and SearchUI and SellExperienceHost are Suspended."

I had the same thing this morning, couldn't open files, drag and drop, to any folder in explorer. Rebooted (and it was a long reboot) and it fixed itself.

Mark the Engineer, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 2, 2019
  4. I deleted SearchUI.exe ; I now need to replace it .

How do I delete/disable Cortana permanently?

There is a way to do it, but it comes at the cost of removing the start menu search.

This is where Cortana lives:

C:/Windows/SystemApps/Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy

In there is an .exe called SearchUI, rename it and then kill the Cortana process in task manager.

Of course you could always delete SearchUI instead of renaming it, but that means you cannot change your mind later.

Hope this helps

James Barrons, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

I deleted SearchUI.exe ; I now need to replace it .

1. I deleted SearchUI.exe ; I now need to replace it . - Similar Threads - deleted SearchUI exe

2. I deleted the admin account, now what?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I deleted the admin account, now what?: Hello, i deleted the only adm account and i am using the pc for a secondary account but to do any action i need the password and login of the adm account but without the space for me to type old i can't create an admin account and I can't select the admin account, and even...
  3. I need to recover a deleted user account..

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I need to recover a deleted user account..: I recently had to pawn my laptop computer to be able to pay my rent, I picked it back up yesterday and noticed that since they assumed I was not going to pick it back up (I was late on the last payment by one day) they deleted my user account, now none of my program files...
  4. If I replace HDD will I lose the licence?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    If I replace HDD will I lose the licence?: My laptop came with Windows 8. After some time I upgraded to 8.1 (and I know the activation key it was using) and then to Windows 10, which I am currently using. This week I will be replacing HDD with SSD and installing Windows 8.1. Will I be able to activate it with the key...
  5. I deleted system 32 now I cannot use my pc im using windows 10 i need help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I deleted system 32 now I cannot use my pc im using windows 10 i need help: I deleted system 32 and i need help on windows 32 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-system-32-now-i-cannot-use-my-pc-im/6024807f-cd05-4ff4-be4e-f426e74bb573
  6. I created a Windows Firewall rule and now I cannot delete it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I created a Windows Firewall rule and now I cannot delete it: Following a guide, I created a windows firewall outbound rule in order to block an IP and improve the lobby times from a game. It did not work, and now the game works even worse than before. Now I am trying to the delete the rule, but the delete option is missing. It is...
  7. Deleted WindowsApps folder and now I cant boot!

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted WindowsApps folder and now I cant boot!: I tried deleting (after copying it to another location) the %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApps folder in order to perform a system restore. The restore point gave me an WindowsApps error, so I searched the internet and found several workarounds consisting on deleting or renaming that...
  8. Replace delete action

in Windows 10 Customization
    Replace delete action: Greetings, is there any way to replace the default action performed when i press the del key (or rightclick > delete) within Explorer process? (maybe via registry edit?) Like instead of moving to recycle bin i whish to call an executable with that particular file as...
  9. I guess all we need now....

in Windows 10 Support
    I guess all we need now....: Is the actual operating system....*Rolleyes 1528
  10. Replacing mobo with an identical replacement: what do I need to know?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replacing mobo with an identical replacement: what do I need to know?: Hi All: I just bought an identical (new) Vostro 270 mobo to replace the bad one in my Inspiron 660. Besides having to reactivate Windows 10, what else do I need to know or have on hand before proceeding? - Will I need to download drivers in advance - or can I update...