Windows 10: I deleted some registry files now im losing some data

Discus and support I deleted some registry files now im losing some data in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; so i deleted some registry files while i was trying to fix a problem before that i did take a backup file but after i restarted my pc i cant find it !... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AdeLZeuX, Jan 3, 2020.

1. I deleted some registry files now im losing some data

so i deleted some registry files while i was trying to fix a problem before that i did take a backup file but after i restarted my pc i cant find it ! i was following this steps : method 2 link

submitted by /u/AdeLZeuX
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AdeLZeuX, Jan 3, 2020
  2. DCnewbie Win User

How do I delete registry files?

I have some programs which I deleted from "Add/Remove Programs" and I want to make sure they are deleted... where do I go to delete these files in my registry?

Also, I know there is a website where you can type in the name of programs running in the registry files to check if they are legitimate... where can I check my programs?

Thanks for any help!
    DC

DCnewbie, Jan 3, 2020
  3. How do I delete registry files?

type in regedit in the search box and press enter. Then from here on, DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING UNLESS U KNOW WHAT UR DOING!! Go to Hkey_Local_Machine > Software > Then a list of program registry keys will pop up, delete anything that is uninstalled. Make sure u backup the keys unless something goes wrong. To backup, you do: Select a group of keys on the left pane > Right click > Export > name it "whatever.reg" > save it. To import the backup, click the reg file and click "merge"

spearman914, Jan 3, 2020
  4. DCnewbie Win User

I deleted some registry files now im losing some data

Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

DCnewbie, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

I deleted some registry files now im losing some data

1. I deleted some registry files now im losing some data - Similar Threads - deleted registry files

2. I accidentally deleted some registry files, and i cant use apps that need internet,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted some registry files, and i cant use apps that need internet,...: i tried to download the data recovery tools on flash drive and install them on my pc, but the instalation just frozing on 0% or error pops up saying that im not connected to the internet. Same for the windows recovery tools...
  3. I accidentally deleted some registry files, and i cant use apps that need internet,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally deleted some registry files, and i cant use apps that need internet,...: i tried to download the data recovery tools on flash drive and install them on my pc, but the instalation just frozing on 0% or error pops up saying that im not connected to the internet. Same for the windows recovery tools...
  4. I accidentally deleted some registry files, and i cant use apps that need internet,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. A program deleted some programs Registry keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A program deleted some programs Registry keys: Hi yesterday i installed a program called Iobit Uninstaller pro and uninstalled some programs through it. but after that i think it deleted the registries of some programs like Microsoft Word. because when i double click on word it does not open. but when i right click and...
  6. A program deleted some programs Registry keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A program deleted some programs Registry keys: Hi yesterday i installed a program called Iobit Uninstaller pro and uninstalled some programs through it. but after that i think it deleted the registries of some programs like Microsoft Word. because when i double click on word it does not open. but when i right click and...
  7. A program deleted some programs Registry keys

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. I deleted some file

in Windows 10 Customization
    I deleted some file: A long time ago i deleted some file I dont know what one on windows 10 but now the computer wont boot it it just shows the dell screen and goes to the scan thing i can go to the boot menu is there a way to re download windows without knowing what file i deleted...
  9. I changed the value data of my exefile in registry and now I can't open SOME exe files...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I changed the value data of my exefile in registry and now I can't open SOME exe files...: [ATTACH] \"This is a picture showing one of my exe files, usually there is an \"Open\" option not \"Application\" Long story short, I have a problem when trying to open an exefile so I decided to fix it by watching a tutorial on youtube and not long after I changed...
  10. I Need Some Data From A File

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I Need Some Data From A File: So, something was wrong so I did some investigating. It turns out I was missing Print and its command. Could someone copy the data from print\command - default so I can make my own file? Thanks....