Windows 10: I deleted Teams files and now there's some strange "update" program listed in startup apps.

Discus and support I deleted Teams files and now there's some strange "update" program listed in startup apps. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I uninstalled Microsoft Teams and Office completely, no problems with that. Following this, I noticed Teams was still on my "startup apps" list in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SleeplessPoster, Jan 24, 2020.

1. I deleted Teams files and now there's some strange "update" program listed in startup apps.

So I uninstalled Microsoft Teams and Office completely, no problems with that.

Following this, I noticed Teams was still on my "startup apps" list in control panel, which was making me angry. I realized it was just a single folder with some remaining Teams files that it pointed back to, so I thought "Hey, I can just delete them and it should go away." Thus, I did, and now they're gone permanently.

This didn't fix my issue, though. Now there's this weird "update.exe" program listed here, with no file it directs to or information. I don't know what to do or how to get rid of this, and I'm afraid that I might damage my computer by trying to fix it myself. Here's an image of what it looks like: I deleted Teams files and now there's some strange "update" program listed in startup apps. a6446d4f-609a-4c68-99b3-80118dfe426b?upload=true.png

I'm terrified right now that I might start causing issues by having done this. I need help with three things:

1. Making sure there's no Teams or Office files left on my PC that might raise issues in the future.

2. Getting this thing off my list.

3. Making sure I didn't break anything.

It looks like neither "Update" app has a publisher or file location listed, and the first one isn't measured. I don't know what's going on.

:)

SleeplessPoster, Jan 24, 2020

2. Cannot delete files in Temp

~DF567B.tmp, ~DFB71E.tmp

Those filenames, iirc, I have seen files of that naming nature made by applications created in Visual Basic in the past, & they did not tend to cleanup @ shutdown of the apps that made them.

A list of apps you run @ startup could help us help you understand which apps are creating them possibly, just so you know & then you might be able to find apps that do the same task but do not leave a mess around in your %TEMP%/%TMP% folders.

Also, providing us a list of taskmgr.exe apps via a screenshot of it isn't going to hurt either, just so you understand what may be causing that last filename (~ROMFN_000007A8 )

We're all fairly sure the performance monitoring the system does creates this one though -> Perflib_Perfdata_7a8.dat @ this point.

In any event, I would guess it's apps you run @ system startup, either from the registry RUN areas, &/or startup groups, for the first 3 filenames, mainly because your safemode booting allows you to delete the files & safemode typically doesn't run anything absolutely not necessary to system function (like registry RUN areas & startup group apps).

APK

Alec§taar, Jan 24, 2020
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 24, 2020
  4. I deleted Teams files and now there's some strange "update" program listed in startup apps.

"Program" listed in Task Manager > Startup

Hello,

I've noticed an app named "Program" that was enabled on startup. It is located in C:\Program Files\SynTP\SynTPE...

I've checked my drive and the file is no where to be found. I believe I may have deleted the program but I am not sure.

Is there a way for me to remove the "Program" from the startup list? I have it disabled but would like to remove it entirely.

Lucius

LuciusDevereaux, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

I deleted Teams files and now there's some strange "update" program listed in startup apps.

1. I deleted Teams files and now there's some strange "update" program listed in startup apps. - Similar Threads - deleted Teams files

2. Strange program on startup selection?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Strange program on startup selection?: In startup there is this programe called "Mano" translating to "Mine" as in something is mine. So it has no icon, no corp., and it's not measured should I be concerned?...
  3. Strange program on startup selection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange program on startup selection?: In startup there is this programe called "Mano" translating to "Mine" as in something is mine. So it has no icon, no corp., and it's not measured should I be concerned?...
  4. Strange program on startup selection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Strange Files Listed in Windows 10 Startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange Files Listed in Windows 10 Startup: One of our office PCs was running slow so I decided to look at the startup services. There were 2 processes I had never heard of- Javan & Menken. I disabled both of them. Does anyone know what these files are for and if they are legitimate?...
  6. strange omissions in some programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    strange omissions in some programs: Hi, I am now running Microsoft Windows version 1903 (OS Build 18362.1016) I updated windows 7 to windows 10 using the free update mentioned on one of the pages here. I seem to remember having problems with OpenGL. I have tried to open two programs I used to use a lot,...
  7. strange omissions in some programs

in Windows 10 Support
    strange omissions in some programs: Hi, I am now running Microsoft Windows version 1903 (OS Build 18362.1016) I updated windows 7 to windows 10 using the free update mentioned on one of the pages here. I seem to remember having problems with OpenGL. I have tried to open two programs I used to use a lot,...
  8. "program" in startup applications with location "C:\Program" Files\Teams...

"program" in startup applications with location "C:\Program" Files\Teams...: [ATTACH] As shown above. I checked hidden files/directory under C: and there is none called "Program" I'm not sure if this is a Microsoft Teams related program at this point or a malware/virus Can anyone help me figure out what this is?...
  9. Strange program not deleting

Strange program not deleting: Hello everyone! I have recently have found a program in task manager that blocks certain programs from connecting to the internet, such as steam, uplay, and a few others. It’s name is ztnmzg1mwnhmdvinjg.exe I have tried opening the file location and deleting it, but it keeps...
  10. Startup Program listing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup Program listing: Noticed this under my startup programs but it does not show to be running. Should I remove it or what? Uninstall C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\17.3.5892.0626\amd64 Ron 43106