Windows 10: I deleted The Folder The Virus Was In but Windows Security is Showing that it is still there

Discus and support I deleted The Folder The Virus Was In but Windows Security is Showing that it is still there in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So I deleted the folder but Windows Defender is Saying that it is still there Even if that folder does not exist anymore Please Help... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Terror Boy8802, Mar 29, 2021.

1. I deleted The Folder The Virus Was In but Windows Security is Showing that it is still there

So I deleted the folder but Windows Defender is Saying that it is still there Even if that folder does not exist anymore

Please Help

:)

Terror Boy8802, Mar 29, 2021

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused I deleted The Folder The Virus Was In but Windows Security is Showing that it is still there :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well I deleted The Folder The Virus Was In but Windows Security is Showing that it is still there :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Mar 29, 2021
  3. R9
    r9 Win User
    Trouble deleting a folder

Download norton commander for windows and try it. I`m using it for deleting those autorun.inf virus files that stuck to the USB drives or second non system partition. If no file is used from windows folder NC should erase it easy. And there is Hiren`s boot disk that you can download it is bootable and has volkov commander on it similar to NC and it runs in DOS and it will delete windows folder 100%. Or you can make USB stick bootable and use deltree command.

4. Anusha Win User

I deleted The Folder The Virus Was In but Windows Security is Showing that it is still there

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink I deleted The Folder The Virus Was In but Windows Security is Showing that it is still there ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

I deleted The Folder The Virus Was In but Windows Security is Showing that it is still there

1. I deleted The Folder The Virus Was In but Windows Security is Showing that it is still there - Similar Threads - deleted Folder Virus

2. Windows search is still showing the path of folders of deleted Renamed or deleted user...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows search is still showing the path of folders of deleted Renamed or deleted user...: I have had installed a SSD to my laptop and the problem is that the person who installed this new SSD changed the permission of security or ownership to SSD from HDD and changed the profile in HDD from "91995" to "main" and copied the data i guess and now in windows search...
  3. Windows search is still showing the path of folders of deleted Renamed or deleted user...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search is still showing the path of folders of deleted Renamed or deleted user...: I have had installed a SSD to my laptop and the problem is that the person who installed this new SSD changed the permission of security or ownership to SSD from HDD and changed the profile in HDD from "91995" to "main" and copied the data i guess and now in windows search...
  4. Windows search is still showing the path of folders of deleted Renamed or deleted user...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Security Virus and Protection Not Showing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Virus and Protection Not Showing: Hi. my windows security is missing the virus and protection slot. how to i reset the windows security back. i use the pc with a teen brother who loves to play games on it. the quick settings flyout is also not working or opening. please do assist...
  6. Deleted folder still showing on desktop

Deleted folder still showing on desktop: I seem to have this problem frequently. I delete a folder from my desktop, and it vanishes as expected. Then, some time later perhaps after the computer has been locked or gone to sleep I find the same folder or folders back on the desktop. Attempting to delete the folder...
  7. Windows 10 folder does not exist, but still shows, and can't be deleted

Windows 10 folder does not exist, but still shows, and can't be deleted: Hello, I'm having some issues with Windows Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363. Let me take you through the process that got me to this point. I installed OpenJDK 14 to work on a Gradle project. Gradle created a folder within my home directory called .gradle and within .gradle...
  8. Windows Security Still showing a Threat!

Windows Security Still showing a Threat!: I had an unknown file downloaded during online browsing, which later had been deleted from my downloads immediately by Microsoft Edge due to smart screen being on, But windows security still shows as threat on the dashboard, when my downloads folder is completely empty...
  9. Windows Security Scan finds Virus, Is a blocked Virus still on System

Windows Security Scan finds Virus, Is a blocked Virus still on System: Hi, I recently noticed some changes to Windows Security. No longer is there a delete option after taking actions against a Virus. If the action result shows the Virus is blocked does the Virus still remain on the System ? If so is there any way to permanently remove the...
  10. Windows Security Scan finds Virus, Is a blocked Virus still on System

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Security Scan finds Virus, Is a blocked Virus still on System: Hi, I recently noticed some changes to Windows Security. No longer is there a delete option after taking actions against a Virus. If the action result shows the Virus is blocked does the Virus still remain on the System ? If so is there any way to permanently remove the...