Windows 10: I deleted the onedrive folder

Discus and support I deleted the onedrive folder in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I deleted the onedrive folder because it was annoying and i dindt want it. But soon i realized that it actually contaid my desktop files and more. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/clickers331, Oct 8, 2020.

1. I deleted the onedrive folder

I deleted the onedrive folder because it was annoying and i dindt want it. But soon i realized that it actually contaid my desktop files and more. I dont really care about desktop files but wheneve i open something wit a onedrive sync logo on it it just give me an error. How do i fix this, Please help

submitted by /u/clickers331
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/clickers331, Oct 8, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused I deleted the onedrive folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well I deleted the onedrive folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Oct 8, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Oct 8, 2020
  4. TarAn_D Win User

I deleted the onedrive folder

Move the OneDrive Folder

Move the OneDrive Folder in Windows 10

When you set up OneDrive to sync with your computer, a folder C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive will be created to store the contents. XXXX denotes your username. To move this folder to another location follow these simple steps:

1. Unlink OneDrive from your PC:

• Go to the taskbar notification area
    • Right-click on the OneDrive icon
    • Select settings
    • Click: Unlink this PC
    2. Delete the C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive folder

3. Create a new folder (target folder) for OneDrive contents, e.g. D:\OneDrive

4. Create Directory Junction for the new folder

• In the search area of the taskbar type CMD and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter
    • In the command window type
    mklink /J C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive D:\OneDrive

adjusting it to your specific username and selection of the target folder

5. Link again OneDrive to your PC using the OneDrive icon in the taskbar notification area

TarAn_D, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

I deleted the onedrive folder

1. I deleted the onedrive folder - Similar Threads - deleted onedrive folder

2. Why can't I delete a folder on OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I delete a folder on OneDrive?: I am trying to delete a folder on my OneDrive but I am being told I need to get permission from a different Administrator on my computer. I do have "Full Control" administrative rights on the admin account I am signed into, but I guess not full enough. I can see the alternate...
  3. Why can't I delete a folder on OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I delete a folder on OneDrive?: I am trying to delete a folder on my OneDrive but I am being told I need to get permission from a different Administrator on my computer. I do have "Full Control" administrative rights on the admin account I am signed into, but I guess not full enough. I can see the alternate...
  4. Deleted OneDrive and it deleted my Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted OneDrive and it deleted my Pictures folder: Basically what the title says... OneDrive was taking up over 5GB of storage and I didn't know why. I checked what was in the folder, the Pictures folder was definitely not in it, and decided to delete it from my laptop.Moments later, my laptop started doing funky things like...
  5. Delete OneDrive Folder Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete OneDrive Folder Issues: I unlinked my account from OneDrive and uninstalled it but still OneDrive folder is in my users folder C:\Users\user\OneDrive and when I try to delete it, it takes my Documents and Desktop. Please Help....
  6. Delete OneDrive Folder Issues

Delete OneDrive Folder Issues: I unlinked my account from OneDrive and uninstalled it but still OneDrive folder is in my users folder C:\Users\user\OneDrive and when I try to delete it, it takes my Documents and Desktop. Please Help....
  7. Should I delete OneDrive Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Should I delete OneDrive Folder: Hi. I messed up my OneDrive so bad, I couldn't do anything with it. I want to start over and set it up correctly before I start using it again. At OneDrive.com I unlinked the pc and unlinked the account. Then I closed OneDrive on my computer and uninstalled OneDrive via...
  8. Desktop Folder in onedrive - can I delete?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Folder in onedrive - can I delete?: I have a "Desktop" folder in my OneDrive folder and some others. I am on Windows 10. It doesn't indicate it is a shortcut but when I open it is the same as my actual desktop folder/desktop. I need to remove it from my OneDrive etc - is it safe to just delete it? Thanks...
  9. Onedrive folder/file deletion

Onedrive folder/file deletion: Had this issue before today's cum update and still there. Local folders created within the default folders (Docs, Pictures, etc) can't be deleted and files within can't be either. If files is in a default folder vs a personally created sub-folder, they behave normally and I...
  10. Problem Deleting Folder on OneDrive

Problem Deleting Folder on OneDrive: I've been backing up some of my stuff on OneDrive, and today, when I tried to rename one of the folders on OneDrive I got an error message saying that the path was too long. I clicked No/Cancel/Whatever-it-was-called thinking that it would abort the rename. Instead, OneDrive...